Start by marking “A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe” as Want to Read:
A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  30 reviews

To ask other readers questions about A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Crazy Day At The Critter Cafe

Pamela Howard
I absolutely loved reading this book. I can see myself reading this book to my student as a read aloud. It can also teach students a little bit about rhyming, and can be very entertaining when read with different voices. It can be a mini lessons used for building community to show how to work with different personalities that may be annoying at times.
Jayna
Ages 2 and up

After their bus breaks down, a group of animals invade the critter cafe. They are noisy, picky and keep sending their food back. After a while the waiter and chef are tired of the animals. Then the cow comes skating in and knocks down the waiter. The waiter declares that all of the animals pay up and leave, which they do. After they have left the waiter notices a lump on the floor that also moos. The cow decides that since he has missed the bus he is going to stay at the cafe and b...more
Alicia
A cute story for preschoolers.
Alana
A great book! A whole bunch of super picky animals barge into the cafe after their bus breaks down demanding food. The waiter and cook end up getting totally fed up with them all and kicking them out. I can see the link between this book and serving a whole table full of little kids a snack. An experience that can leave you pulling your hair out - anyone who is around kids would know!
Debbie Tanner
This funny little book is about a day at the cafe when a bus full of animals comes in. The animals are not particularly mannerly or kind. They are picky and kind of annoying and very funny! There are a ton of animal noises (hence the onomatopoeia) and a lot of mess and a very funny ending!
Melissa
I thought this was cute and clever...filled with noises to make and fun rhyming language and lots of animals. I also thought my preschoolers would love it, but it fell flat. I'll probably try it again and see if it was just that group. Maybe it would work a little better for K or 1st grades?
Mary
Jul 06, 2011 Mary added it
Shelves: good-manners
A funny story to introduce manners and being patient. It is also a good book for parents to read to their children about the proper way to eat sit in a restaurant. Teachers could use this story to talk about how we have to wait our turn and the consequences of being impatient and greedy.
Rhaynes5
Jul 11, 2013 Rhaynes5 added it
Shelves: rhyming-books
A Crazy Day at The Critter Cafe is cute, clever, and fun! This book in the classroom will be tons of fun! The book is filled with different crazy noises to make. I believe the children will enjoy the books humor while also learning rhyming skills.
Cassie
Ages 4-8. A cute rhyming story that is fun and action packed and helps build vocabulary and phonological awareness. Because of its length it might not hold the attention of toddlers, but preschools are sure to love the humor and story.
Shakita
This a just a silly book about what happens when animals come to eat a cafe. The animals complain and make a big mess. In the end, a cow ends up owning the cafe. This book can be used for personal enjoyment in the classroom.
Bates Library
We are reading this in Kindergarten for April is National Poetry month (and playing with magnetic poetry). The author is a skateboarder in real life and both books I've read by her have had skaters in them.
Claudia
What I really liked about this book was the rhyming patterns! It is great and unique because it has crazy texts and the story is fun! This book is great for showing rhyming patterns in text.
Katherine
This book was really funny and precious. I love that fact that animals come in and take over! This book is great for cause and effect and is an even better book for rhyming!
Allison
I think I may have enjoyed this a teensy bit more than Jordan. We both enjoyed the rhyming phrases, something of which Jordan has recently become very interested.
the Reeds
A simple rhyming story about animals converging on the Critter Cafe and the hilarity that ensues. The little ones enjoyed supplying the last word of every rhyme.
Gloria Berger
A cute and funny book with lots of rhyming words. Reading it to a class could be fun. This would be a great book for me to practice reading to a classroom.
Danielle
This book introduces kids to a variety of animals including some exotic ones. The story is funny, the rhymes are good, and the pictures are large and colorful.
Heather
The rhymes in this book roll off of the tongue and the artwork is great! A good book for young children learning about poetry and rhyming.
Ashley
A funny story for young readers. You never know what is going to happen at the critter cafe when characters range from ducks to crocodiles!
Audrey
A fun, rhyming book with great pictures. Kids like that the typeface varies in size and orientation on the page.

(I liked that, too.)

Glennisha
Jul 04, 2011 Glennisha added it
Shelves: animals, rhyming
I smiled after reading this book. Its funny, very engaging and full of laughs. This is a must read for all ages.
Lacy
PB15
Good use of color and perspective in this story. Also, has sound words which kids love. Just a fun story!
Mandy
All was quiet at the Critter Cafe until hungry and obnoxious animals came in and treated the place like a zoo!
Amy
Simple little story. Has some fun word choice and might be a good way to show active verbs and sound devices.
Kim
rhyming text; large, colorful, action-packed illustrations

themes: animals, cows, food, restaraunts
Monique Mcdonald
Funny book, its a reading for pleasure. This book is also a rhyming book, so it can be used for that too.
Courtney Collins
This book is full of descriptive words that would be perfect in a writing lessons.
Marilyn
Really fun verse and illustrations. They make a huge mess of the place.
Katie
May 23, 2012 Katie added it
Shelves: ar-2-0-2-9
AR BL: 2.6
Points 0.5
♥ Susan
Surprisingly good.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Smash! Mash! Crash! There Goes the Trash! A Crazy Day at the Critter Café Skateboard Mom