Start by marking “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” as Want to Read:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

3.73  ·  Rating Details ·  2,492 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt star in a slick romantic adventure comedy in the vein of True Lies and Prizzi's Honor.

After winning free sessions with a marriage counsellor as a grab–bag gift at a suburban holiday party, a young couple discovers that they're in a dead–end marriage. But that's not all they discover – unbeknown to the other, each spouse is a covert assassin wor
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published May 24th 2005 by Harper Entertainment (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. and Mrs. Smith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Death of a Salesman by Arthur MillerThe Crucible by Arthur MillerThe Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore CooperI Capture the Castle by Dodie SmithThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
Last Names Derived from Professions
81st out of 390 books — 23 voters
The Mummy by Max Allan CollinsGladiator by Dewey GramE.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in His Adventure on Earth by William KotzwinkleThe Pursuit of Happyness by Chris GardnerDances with Wolves by Michael Blake
books that are books
20th out of 38 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Mar 19, 2008 Leslie rated it really liked it
Not your usual novelization. The first part of this book is written as two diaries from "couples therapy" sessions undergone by each main character. One chapter will be Mrs. Smith's "journal" and the next Mr. Smith's "journal" of the same happenings. It was interesting to see how two different people viewed the same events. Sometimes funny, sometimes tragic. It was very clever, very inventive and very entertaining. It really kept me turning pages. Sadly, the end degenerates a bit into the realm ...more
Aug 28, 2007 Dru rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
It was an .... interesting book. It was like a diary of Mr. and Mrs. Smith from the movie. I felt as if I was watching the movie, but I could hear their thoughts. It was kinda cool, but at the same time... eh. It's not a "must read", it's more of.. if you're bored and you want to kill time, this is one way to do it.
Eh. It was alright. It's a great story, but not very well written.
The movie is shockingly close to the plot line of the book.
The one great thing about this book... it's a damn quick read.
Aug 20, 2008 Celeste rated it it was ok
I rarely...if ever say this're better off watching the movie on this one. The book is so slow and it just takes forever for anything to happen. Overall, the movie was better.
parvaneh haeri
فیلم جالبیه . مخصوصا که دو تا ستاره توش با هم بازی کردند و به یک زوج ابر ستاره تبدیل شدند . اینم یک راه پول در اوردنه دیگه
Apr 24, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it really liked it
Based on the movie of the same title, this proved to be an entertaining book to read but no great literary feat. It reads like a movie; short, action packed, and full of convenient plot twists to aid the protagonists. The author does a good job of simplifying fight scenes that were written for the movies so that the reader can easily picture what is going on.

Jane Smith is charming, sexy, successful, and intelligent, a rare combination of domestic goddess and savvy businesswoman. Although she and
Jun 26, 2009 Tortla rated it it was ok
A quick and easy read, pretty much the movie in book form. There were definitely clever moments: cutesy references to Brad Pitt (as the epitome of hotness) and how "they should make this into a movie!" The format was a nice way of getting insight into the characters' minds (and seeing just how similar they were, by how they occasionally had *exactly the same thoughts*), and was definitely an impressive thing for a movie-turned-book to attempt (I say attempt because the whole these-are-journal-en ...more
Apr 11, 2013 Sarina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Couples having problem with communication
Recommended to Sarina by: Myself, mostly due to the movie and the gorgeous book cover
The book gave more insights into the hearts of our main characters, than the movie could.
It was a nice read, and I could easily connect to the turmoils the couple went through.
There should have been more fights...and they should have been more open to each other. But then, we wouldn't get the movie or the book, would we?
There were many questions still left unanswered, but I like it that way. I think I'm gonna turn to fanfictions for the unfulfilled wants. (Chuckles)
Thanks to the production tea
Nichole Attanasio
Oct 16, 2011 Nichole Attanasio rated it did not like it
oh man I Hated this book with a passion. It was kinda slow/boring, yes funny once in a while, but the language was out of control and it made me feel uncomfortable!!! If I were you, I'd stick with the movie. I could be wrong, but I think this was written AFTER the movie came out which was even more worse! so yeah, my opinion is that I hated it to the point I couldn't take anymore and quit it.
Dec 14, 2014 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, read-2011
This was just like the movie, but more detailed. It was a fast-paced, quick read and held my attention all the way through. I really liked how it switched back and forth between Jane and John's POVs; it was interesting to read the same scene narrated in different ways. This obviously isn't for the "serious reader" but it was a very fun way to pass a few hours.
Janice Todd
Oct 27, 2013 Janice Todd rated it liked it
Told from the two main characters viewpoints, the alternating voices became a bit tiresome. An interesting exercise, but after a point the story became tedious to read, being reminded over and over again that Mr. & Mrs. Smith were each so 'hot,' capable assassins, cold blooded, intelligent but couldn't get past lies to each other...
Jenée Rochon
Apr 16, 2014 Jenée Rochon rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Everything about this writing was atrocious.

This book was ruining the movie for me (if you don't know, this novel is based on the screenplay of the movie). I had to stop halfway through.

It is all kinds of bad. Just don't do it.
Took this book to a two week sleep over camp right when I was a teenager. Made the mistake of making it the ONLY book I brought. I read it over and over and over and over again. I loved the movie and this was just as funny.
Jun 28, 2013 Dan rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The pace matched the quick barbs of Angelie and Brad in the movie. It did read like a movie script at times but it was a fun book with no pretension of being a serious novel.
Dec 13, 2015 Lauren rated it liked it
I really thought the concept for this story was interesting and I liked the characters. they had really good chemistry and it was certainly action-packed. It was thrilling to see what was going to come next.
Nov 25, 2012 a rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
chyba pierwsza książka na podstawie scenariusza filmowego, którą da się czytać... poza tym jest nawet niezła! polecam! :)
Jeniah Palmer
Jan 08, 2016 Jeniah Palmer rated it really liked it
In this book, I think this is goal to me because they have each other back when the bad people trying to kill them..
May 26, 2009 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: movie-tie-ins
Loved the book and loved the movie. I think that Ms. Dubowski caught the unique veiw of the two spys.
Mar 03, 2011 Renee rated it it was ok
Not all that exciting... it felt like it was more of a book for teens. Kinda boring.
Dec 02, 2012 Sassapphras rated it liked it
Read while waiting for the movie to be released. It hit the spot.
Jul 26, 2010 Alexandra rated it liked it
Very entertaining, def a good book to grab for a card ride
dar hadde khodesh bad nist. amma ali ham nist.
Linnaleng rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2016
Elise marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2016
Thys VandenBos
Thys VandenBos rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2016
Dianne luine
Dianne luine rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2016
Joetta rated it really liked it
Oct 19, 2016
Nawel Toumi
Nawel Toumi marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2016
Kayanna rated it it was amazing
Oct 16, 2016
  • X-Men
  • The Mummy
  • Shrek!
  • The Social Network - screenplay
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)