Start by marking “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” as Want to Read:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  2,695 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt star in a slick romantic adventure comedy in the vein of True Lies and Prizzi's Honor.

After winning free sessions with a marriage counsellor as a grab–bag gift at a suburban holiday party, a young couple discovers that they're in a dead–end marriage. But that's not all they discover – unbeknown to the other, each spouse is a covert assassin wor
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published May 24th 2005 by Harper Entertainment (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. and Mrs. Smith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Leslie
Feb 18, 2008 Leslie rated it really liked it
Not your usual novelization. The first part of this book is written as two diaries from "couples therapy" sessions undergone by each main character. One chapter will be Mrs. Smith's "journal" and the next Mr. Smith's "journal" of the same happenings. It was interesting to see how two different people viewed the same events. Sometimes funny, sometimes tragic. It was very clever, very inventive and very entertaining. It really kept me turning pages. Sadly, the end degenerates a bit into the realm ...more
Dru
Aug 28, 2007 Dru rated it it was ok
Shelves: chick-lit
It was an .... interesting book. It was like a diary of Mr. and Mrs. Smith from the movie. I felt as if I was watching the movie, but I could hear their thoughts. It was kinda cool, but at the same time... eh. It's not a "must read", it's more of.. if you're bored and you want to kill time, this is one way to do it.
Shannon
Eh. It was alright. It's a great story, but not very well written.
The movie is shockingly close to the plot line of the book.
The one great thing about this book... it's a damn quick read.
Celeste
Aug 15, 2008 Celeste rated it it was ok
I rarely...if ever say this but...you're better off watching the movie on this one. The book is so slow and it just takes forever for anything to happen. Overall, the movie was better.
parvaneh haeri
فیلم جالبیه . مخصوصا که دو تا ستاره توش با هم بازی کردند و به یک زوج ابر ستاره تبدیل شدند . اینم یک راه پول در اوردنه دیگه
PurplyCookie
Apr 12, 2009 PurplyCookie rated it really liked it
Based on the movie of the same title, this proved to be an entertaining book to read but no great literary feat. It reads like a movie; short, action packed, and full of convenient plot twists to aid the protagonists. The author does a good job of simplifying fight scenes that were written for the movies so that the reader can easily picture what is going on.

Jane Smith is charming, sexy, successful, and intelligent, a rare combination of domestic goddess and savvy businesswoman. Although she and
Matilde
Feb 18, 2017 Matilde rated it liked it
*2,75
Tortla
Jun 26, 2009 Tortla rated it it was ok
A quick and easy read, pretty much the movie in book form. There were definitely clever moments: cutesy references to Brad Pitt (as the epitome of hotness) and how "they should make this into a movie!" The format was a nice way of getting insight into the characters' minds (and seeing just how similar they were, by how they occasionally had *exactly the same thoughts*), and was definitely an impressive thing for a movie-turned-book to attempt (I say attempt because the whole these-are-journal-en ...more
Sarina
Apr 11, 2013 Sarina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Couples having problem with communication
Recommended to Sarina by: Myself, mostly due to the movie and the gorgeous book cover
The book gave more insights into the hearts of our main characters, than the movie could.
It was a nice read, and I could easily connect to the turmoils the couple went through.
There should have been more fights...and they should have been more open to each other. But then, we wouldn't get the movie or the book, would we?
There were many questions still left unanswered, but I like it that way. I think I'm gonna turn to fanfictions for the unfulfilled wants. (Chuckles)
Thanks to the production tea
Janice Todd
Oct 27, 2013 Janice Todd rated it liked it
Told from the two main characters viewpoints, the alternating voices became a bit tiresome. An interesting exercise, but after a point the story became tedious to read, being reminded over and over again that Mr. & Mrs. Smith were each so 'hot,' capable assassins, cold blooded, intelligent but couldn't get past lies to each other...
Angie
Jul 05, 2011 Angie rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, read-2011
This was just like the movie, but more detailed. It was a fast-paced, quick read and held my attention all the way through. I really liked how it switched back and forth between Jane and John's POVs; it was interesting to read the same scene narrated in different ways. This obviously isn't for the "serious reader" but it was a very fun way to pass a few hours.
Jenée Rochon
Nov 14, 2013 Jenée Rochon rated it did not like it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Everything about this writing was atrocious.

This book was ruining the movie for me (if you don't know, this novel is based on the screenplay of the movie). I had to stop halfway through.

It is all kinds of bad. Just don't do it.
Lauren
Dec 18, 2013 Lauren rated it liked it
I really thought the concept for this story was interesting and I liked the characters. they had really good chemistry and it was certainly action-packed. It was thrilling to see what was going to come next.
Tessie
Dec 22, 2014 Tessie rated it it was amazing
Took this book to a two week sleep over camp right when I was a teenager. Made the mistake of making it the ONLY book I brought. I read it over and over and over and over again. I loved the movie and this was just as funny.
Dan
May 23, 2013 Dan rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The pace matched the quick barbs of Angelie and Brad in the movie. It did read like a movie script at times but it was a fun book with no pretension of being a serious novel.
Niloufar
dar hadde khodesh bad nist. amma ali ham nist.
Sam Johnson
Nov 24, 2016 Sam Johnson rated it it was amazing
A diary I will never tire of reading. Love it so much
Jeniah Palmer
Oct 14, 2015 Jeniah Palmer rated it it was amazing
In this book, I think this is goal to me because they have each other back when the bad people trying to kill them..
Alexandra
Jul 26, 2010 Alexandra rated it liked it
Very entertaining, def a good book to grab for a card ride
Sassapphras
Dec 02, 2012 Sassapphras rated it liked it
Read while waiting for the movie to be released. It hit the spot.
Renee
Sep 04, 2010 Renee rated it it was ok
Not all that exciting... it felt like it was more of a book for teens. Kinda boring.
Courtney
May 22, 2009 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: movie-tie-ins
Loved the book and loved the movie. I think that Ms. Dubowski caught the unique veiw of the two spys.
a
Nov 18, 2012 a rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
chyba pierwsza książka na podstawie scenariusza filmowego, którą da się czytać... poza tym jest nawet niezła! polecam! :)
Sudip
Sudip rated it it was ok
May 18, 2016
Diane
Diane rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2013
Abdelfettah Bousahla
Abdelfettah Bousahla rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2014
Ang
Ang rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2014
Gill Walton
Gill Walton rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2014
Vickie
Vickie rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2015
Rebecca Nine
Rebecca Nine rated it liked it
May 01, 2015
  • X-Men
  • The Mummy
  • Shrek!
  • The Social Network - screenplay
  • Tangled (Disney's Tangled)