Start by marking “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” as Want to Read:
Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  1,130 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt star in a slick romantic adventure comedy in the vein of True Lies and Prizzi's Honor.

After winning free sessions with a marriage counsellor as a grab–bag gift at a suburban holiday party, a young couple discovers that they're in a dead–end marriage. But that's not all they discover – unbeknown to the other, each spouse is a covert assassin wor
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published May 24th 2005 by Harper Entertainment (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. and Mrs. Smith, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Leslie
Not your usual novelization. The first part of this book is written as two diaries from "couples therapy" sessions undergone by each main character. One chapter will be Mrs. Smith's "journal" and the next Mr. Smith's "journal" of the same happenings. It was interesting to see how two different people viewed the same events. Sometimes funny, sometimes tragic. It was very clever, very inventive and very entertaining. It really kept me turning pages. Sadly, the end degenerates a bit into the realm ...more
Dru
It was an .... interesting book. It was like a diary of Mr. and Mrs. Smith from the movie. I felt as if I was watching the movie, but I could hear their thoughts. It was kinda cool, but at the same time... eh. It's not a "must read", it's more of.. if you're bored and you want to kill time, this is one way to do it.
Shannon
Eh. It was alright. It's a great story, but not very well written.
The movie is shockingly close to the plot line of the book.
The one great thing about this book... it's a damn quick read.
Celeste
I rarely...if ever say this but...you're better off watching the movie on this one. The book is so slow and it just takes forever for anything to happen. Overall, the movie was better.
parvaneh haeri
فیلم جالبیه . مخصوصا که دو تا ستاره توش با هم بازی کردند و به یک زوج ابر ستاره تبدیل شدند . اینم یک راه پول در اوردنه دیگه
PurplyCookie
Based on the movie of the same title, this proved to be an entertaining book to read but no great literary feat. It reads like a movie; short, action packed, and full of convenient plot twists to aid the protagonists. The author does a good job of simplifying fight scenes that were written for the movies so that the reader can easily picture what is going on.

Jane Smith is charming, sexy, successful, and intelligent, a rare combination of domestic goddess and savvy businesswoman. Although she and
Tortla
A quick and easy read, pretty much the movie in book form. There were definitely clever moments: cutesy references to Brad Pitt (as the epitome of hotness) and how "they should make this into a movie!" The format was a nice way of getting insight into the characters' minds (and seeing just how similar they were, by how they occasionally had *exactly the same thoughts*), and was definitely an impressive thing for a movie-turned-book to attempt (I say attempt because the whole these-are-journal-en ...more
Sarina
Apr 11, 2013 Sarina rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Couples having problem with communication
Recommended to Sarina by: Myself, mostly due to the movie and the gorgeous book cover
The book gave more insights into the hearts of our main characters, than the movie could.
It was a nice read, and I could easily connect to the turmoils the couple went through.
There should have been more fights...and they should have been more open to each other. But then, we wouldn't get the movie or the book, would we?
There were many questions still left unanswered, but I like it that way. I think I'm gonna turn to fanfictions for the unfulfilled wants. (Chuckles)
Thanks to the production tea
Nichole
oh man I Hated this book with a passion. It was kinda slow/boring, yes funny once in a while, but the language was out of control and it made me feel uncomfortable!!! If I were you, I'd stick with the movie. I could be wrong, but I think this was written AFTER the movie came out which was even more worse! so yeah, my opinion is that I hated it to the point I couldn't take anymore and quit it.
Angie
Jul 06, 2011 Angie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: adult
This was just like the movie, but more detailed. It was a fast-paced, quick read and held my attention all the way through. I really liked how it switched back and forth between Jane and John's POVs; it was interesting to read the same scene narrated in different ways. This obviously isn't for the "serious reader" but it was a very fun way to pass a few hours.
Janice Todd
Told from the two main characters viewpoints, the alternating voices became a bit tiresome. An interesting exercise, but after a point the story became tedious to read, being reminded over and over again that Mr. & Mrs. Smith were each so 'hot,' capable assassins, cold blooded, intelligent but couldn't get past lies to each other...
Jenée Rochon
Everything about this writing was atrocious.

This book was ruining the movie for me (if you don't know, this novel is based on the screenplay of the movie). I had to stop halfway through.

It is all kinds of bad. Just don't do it.
Dan
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. The pace matched the quick barbs of Angelie and Brad in the movie. It did read like a movie script at times but it was a fun book with no pretension of being a serious novel.
a
Nov 25, 2012 a rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: chicklit
chyba pierwsza książka na podstawie scenariusza filmowego, którą da się czytać... poza tym jest nawet niezła! polecam! :)
Courtney
Loved the book and loved the movie. I think that Ms. Dubowski caught the unique veiw of the two spys.
Renee
Not all that exciting... it felt like it was more of a book for teens. Kinda boring.
Sassapphras
Read while waiting for the movie to be released. It hit the spot.
Alexandra
Very entertaining, def a good book to grab for a card ride
Niloofar
dar hadde khodesh bad nist. amma ali ham nist.
  • James Cameron's Titanic
  • The Night at the Museum
  • The Matrix
  • أم العروسة
  • Iron Man 2
  • Batman Begins
  • Ten Things I Hate about You
  • Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
  • Tangled (Disney Tangled)
  • حسن ومرقص
  • The Mummy
  • The Wedding Planner
  • Rain Man
  • The Social Network - screenplay
I Love You, You Idiot (Gilmore Girls, #2) A Dog's Life (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #9) Santa's Little Helper (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, #5) The Case Of The Surfing Secret (The New Adventures of Mary-Kate & Ashley, #12) Love-Set-Match (Two of a Kind Diaries, #29)