Start by marking “Cherokee Storm” as Want to Read:
Cherokee Storm

Cherokee Storm

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  174 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Travelling west of the colonies with a small party in 1756, Shannon O'Shea loses her way in the wilderness, soon drenched by driving rains and forced by powerful winds into the shelter of a cave. Stripping quickly, she is drawn to the flickering warmth of a fire deep within, but she stops cold - surely she must be dreaming. Before her stands a Cherokee brave, tall and broa ...more
Published July 1st 2010 by Zebra (first published June 23rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cherokee Storm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cherokee Storm

Beth Martin
It's a pizzle, it's a tumescence, it's a spear, it's a penis! No, really. It's astounding the words that Taylor comes up with to describe a man's genitals. I feel that it almost deserves a commendation. Just on basis of "how the fuck did this come about?" Most romance authors will confine themselves to three or maybe four metaphors or euphemisms to refer to genitalia of the male persuasion. Not so here. Taylor has at least double digits. That is all.

Okay, not really. Overall, this was an enterta
Lisa Jo
Janelle Taylor’s Cherokee Storm is a heartfelt story about two people from two different worlds who must fight against everything to be together. Fans of a truly compelling and emotional love story set during the Seven Years War and tumultuous years of American settlement will love this novel.

Shannon O’Shea is a young girl who has too often seen the horrors of the open frontier. One day, she ventures away from her party only to become lost in a rain storm. She immediately seeks shelter in a near
Jesslynn
Not great...just okay...
Foxfire
I enjoyed the writing and the first few chapters. Then the story seemed to go all over the place and I gave up.

Shannon has spent the last few years in a tavern as an indentured servant. She has worked hard to retain her virtue, fighting off men. Now she is returning to her father's ranch.

After she gets lost in a storm, she encounters Storm Dancer, who was her childhood friend, and they shelter the night in a cave. During this night she is petrified he will "have his way with her."

And yet, in th
Snowy Ptarmigan
Having read the summary, I thought that this book would have been better but alas while I did enjoy it, I was mistaken. It actually leaves me hesitant to read another book from her though it is a moderate read.

This story while starting rather good, falls short once it hits the middle, more so towards the end. The great thing about it however, is that there is always something going on to keep you interested. This is pulled off by the vast amount of characters that are all diverse and engaging.
Gaile
The novel raced along at a breath taking pace. Shannon O'Shea, a beautiful blond has trouble fending off men but there is only one she wants, the Cherokee warrior, Storm Dancer. He in turn wants her but his mother wants him to marry another. Shannon's father too disapproves and sends her away to marry a white
man. Meanwhile war erupts around them as the Huron, Delaware, Shawnee, Creek and Cherokee attempt to keep the white man out of their land. It doesn't help matters that these tribes also cons
Julia
I definitely enjoyed this book, quite a change from the romances I usually read which are set in 19th century England. This book is set in 1756 in the Smoky Mountains. I liked how the author included the tensions going on at this time due to the French and Indian War; confusion over who to trust/ally with on all sides of the conflict. Of course the heroine, Shannon, falls into a forbidden love with Storm Dancer, the Cherokee prophet. I could have done without the prophet part, but it wasn't too ...more
Sara
I read the reviews on Amazon for this book, and they were not very positive. I wasn't expecting much when I picked it up from the library, but was pleasantly surprised. It was a pretty romantic story. Lots of longing and situation after situation keeping the Irish girl and the Cherokee warrior apart. I am not too familiar with Native American history, but it seemed authentic. The story did get bogged down in the details a bit, but overall a decent romance. A nice change from my usual diet of Reg ...more
Michelle
I have to admit that I did not finish this book, and so the rating that I have given it may not be accurate to the story's worth. That being said, I really could not get into the nitty gritty details of the story, but I did like the concept and the climax of the story was entertaining enough. I will probably update this review some day and give it the rating it deserves.
Rachael
I liked this book ... prob not as much as the last one i read .. but was a good story .. and i actually felt like i was there

wopuld recommend for fans of the NA romance genre

only niggle i would have is that it seemed to end too soon and there wasnt really an epilogue (really wanted to see what happened in future .. like did she have kids ?)
April Brookshire
This book was borderline erotic romance in my opinion. Scandalous! Having read Janelle's Taylor older work and this being a newer one, I'd have to say that she should definitely write more Native American romances. This was unlike the old stuff, sort the evolution of an author.
Katie
I'm not even gonna front, I really liked this book. I usually don't read romance novels but I picked this one up because I have Cherokee lineage, so it caught my eye. I finished reading it in 2 days. It's a good combination of romance and action.
Mydearloverboy
4-4.5 stars...could have been longer...ending was abrupt...and their love seems to be just mostly filled with lust really...had a lot more potential with the chosen themes...

but overall, a good read..;)
Kbee
This is one good book. Irish trader's daughter, Cherokees, Shawnees, English redcoats, french army, new settlers etc...
The ending could of been a bit more stretched out but still good.
Rob
My first by JT, and I must say it was very enjoyable. Were there an Epilogue to their story it would have easily been a 5 star read.
Twilla
This was easily the best NA book I have read to date.
Catherine
entertaining enough. not a keeper.
Linda
Sep 30, 2010 Linda added it
Started reading 7-19
AH
Jun 14, 2012 AH marked it as to-read
Kobo free download 6/14/12.
debra
Awesome Book
Jes
Jes marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Nugget
Nugget marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Sabrina The Book Lover
Sabrina The Book Lover marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Michele Humphrey
Michele Humphrey marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
  • Lakota Love Song
  • Black Horse
  • Savage Autumn
  • Cheyenne Song
  • Red Bird's Song
  • Where the Rain is Made
  • Comanche Heart (Comanche, #2)
  • Ruthless Heart (Heart, #1)
  • Wind in the Grasses Dancing (Dancing the Dream, #1)
  • Beloved Savage
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • The Renegade's Woman
The legendary Janelle Taylor was born on June 28, 1944 in Athens, GA. In 1965, she married Michael Taylor with whom she had two children, Angela Taylor-MacIntyre and Alisha Taylor Thurmond. Ms. Taylor attended the Medical College of Georgia from 1977 to 1979 and Augusta State University from 1980-1981. She withdrew from the latter after she sold her first two novels. Today, she is the author of th ...more
More about Janelle Taylor...
Savage Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #1) Defiant Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #2) Forbidden Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #3) Stolen Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #6) Brazen Ecstasy (Gray Eagle, #4)