Start by marking “While Galileo Preys” as Want to Read:
While Galileo Preys

While Galileo Preys

3.56 of 5 stars 3.56  ·  rating details  ·  117 ratings  ·  24 reviews
If there were a God, he would have stopped me.

That's the message discovered atop an elementary school in downtown Atlanta. Across the street are the bodies of fourteen innocent men and women, each quickly and cleanly murdered. The sniper Galileo is on the loose. He can end a human life from hundreds of yards away. And he is just getting started.

Where others see puzzles, E
Published August 24th 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about While Galileo Preys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While Galileo Preys

Rhonda
Jun 02, 2012 Rhonda rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
"If there were a God, He would have stopped me"... That's the message discovered atop an elementary school in downtown Atlanta. Across the street are fourteen innocent men and women, each quickly and cleanly murdered."

Murdered not by just a random serial killer but by a sniper...someone with field experience but who is it and why is he doing it??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As usual, I picked up a book that is somewhere in a serie
Robert Beveridge
Joshua Corin, While Galileo Preys (Mira, 2010)

Okay, so. Published by Mira and with a grammatically-awkward pun in the title. What on Earth was I thinking picking this book up? I could almost hear it begging me not to push the “ship me this title” button. I must have been feeling like a masochist that day, though, because press the button I did, and a week-odd later, While Galileo Preys was sitting in my mailbox, giving me that accusing stare that you get from the person you're trying to pick up
Anja
Das Buch hat mir richtig gut gefallen. Es ist toll geschrieben und die Handlung geht stets im gleichen Tempo voran. Der Schluss wird auch nicht herausgezögert, was mir bei einigen anderen Büchern von anderen Autoren aufgefallen ist.
Werde auf jeden Fall die kommenden Bücher von ihm lesen.

(Deutscher Titel: Herr, erbarme dich)
Anja
das buch hat mir richtig gut gefallen. es ist toll geschrieben und die handlung geht stets im gleichen tempo voran. der schluss wird auch nicht herausgezögert, was mir bei einigen büchern von anderen autoren aufgefallen ist.
werde auf jeden fall die kommenden bücher von ihm lesen.
Rodney
Great read. Very unique serial killer, self named Galileo. I love the heroine Esme. Looking forward to her future adventures.
Stacy Boyd
Fast-paced and tension-filled. Loved the heroine.
Barbara
Adding to the intrigue and interest of this story of a gunman bent on mass murder was the author's skill in introducing a character and encapsulating his/her ambitions/desires/disappointments in life within a single paragraph to the point where I often felt a sense of disappointment when the character was suddenly dispatched by the end of that very same paragraph. I enjoyed the read, but the revelation of the gunman's motivation for all the carnage seemed far-fetched. I'll give this author anoth ...more
Claire
Don't want to rate this one- Esme is an extremely likable character. For mysterious reasons she ditched a productive and successful career in the FBI, where she alone could see patterns in serial crime that would nab the bad guy, for a stultifying stint in bland, deadly boring suburbia. Ok, not so mysterious, her husband insists that this subsumed version of Esme is his wife. We don't like him, don't understand Esme liking someone who would insist on this. We also don't like his self centered, s ...more
This was a surprise for a mass market paperback that I grabbed off our library's book sale table.

It's actually a pretty good thriller. Esme is attempting to leave the FBI to be a wife and mother, but a recent shooting may draw her back in, causing family problems and danger to herself.

I'm more of a traditional mystery lover. I prefer knowing all of the characters and figuring out who did it, rather than just chasing down a stranger - but this was really good. It kept me wanting to turn the pages
Benjamin
A serial killer is on the loose. Retired FBI agent is called back into service. Lots of dead bodies in the course of the story. Nothing really deep or new here, but I excerpted one quote as a Facebook status. The characters were interesting enough, and there were enough plot twists to keep the pages turning. Overall, I probably enjoyed it more than it deserved.
Tricia
While Galileo Preys opens with a bang and the suspense and unraveling to the who and why are gripping. For me, this was a read that I couldn't put down.
Someone is sniper killing innocent people. An ex FBI agent is brought in, Esme Stuart,now a retired homemaker. Esme has a unique way of solving cases and her expertise is called upon to help with the murderous Galileo.
My jaw hit the floor on more than one occasion, all before page 90. I think the writing here is unique in that the writer pushes
Katelin
As I first started to read this book I was completely thrown off at least three times. I'm glad that the book did not continue in the style that it started because I was beginning to think that there would never be a main plot. Thankfully, the book went in another direction and I became enthralled! At the end of the book I couldn't put it down. My brain was telling me that it was too late and time to call it a night but my eyes weren't listening; I just HAD to know how it all ended. ...and you k ...more
Darla Stokes
Our heroine has left the FBI in favor of home & family--that would be fine, except that it apparently wasn't her choice--it was her husband's demand. But seven years later, she is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who can solve a mystery that has the FBI stymied. Uh, okay. Not buying it. Her dilemma between her family and her career would have made more sense if the book were set in, say, the 1950s.

Too bad the suspense wasn't more... suspenseful, or I'd have gotten over the annoying premi
Brian Tracey
A fast-paced thriller with a smart protagonist who keeps you cheering for her until the terrifying end.
Arthur
Interesting descriptive dialogue and believably a story that intrigues mystery readers. A thrilling suspense needs well planted character and details to hold readers esteem when getting to the roots of what the book is about. Esme being a mother of a daughter who drew her in her dress before Esme goes out is a quality many writer may left out because it suggests too many details about what living is all about and its pressures. But this story is catching and that when Esme was one step ahead of ...more
Evelyn M
It was ok. The main character Esme was likable enough but I must say when I found out the big secret, the reason for all these murders I was disappointed. Galileo was a mystery, there was a small look into him. I would have liked there to have been something more to him in the reading. I was intrigued enough by the mail character though that I would read the next book.
Cindy VW
Un thriller honnête, qui vaut surtout pour le portrait d'un tueur à glacer le sang !
Lauren
It kind of felt like starting in the middle of the series because why Esme leaves the FBI isn't really explained. I did like the two sides of Rafe (prig or bait-and-switched husband) because Esme obviously chose to marry and have a child with him.
Dawn
Picked this up on a whim. Always looking for new authors since I read so quickly. Very good read, draws you in, and while predictable, at times, it shocks and surprises in other times. Give it a read. It's worth the time!
Nita Rios-Garcia
Esme Stuart is a kick *** FBI agent! Loved this book Never wanted it to end.

A serial Killer going by the name of Galileo made the perfect psychopath! Read this book in one day ... loved it loved it loved!
Kevyn
Really good suspense novel. A serial killer in the Vatican is pursued by an ex-FBI profiler
Rick
Excellent book. From page one until the end it is fast past, well written and just a great read.
sis
Sep 06, 2012 sis rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
i can't decide if this was good or merely a quick paced wreck.
Brainx
Brainx marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Alice
Alice marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
  • 2 in the Hat: A Novel of Suspense
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • The Serial Killers Club
  • Vicious
  • Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)
  • Devil's Keep
  • The Sculptor (Sam Markham, #1)
  • Traitor (Stratton, #6)
  • All The Pretty Dead Girls
  • Emerald Germs of Ireland
  • Drop Zone (Drop Zone #1)
  • Victim Six
  • The Bone Chamber
  • Noise
  • Internecine
  • When Last I Died (Mrs. Bradley, #13)
  • The Nanny Murders (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #1)
Nuclear Winter Wonderland: A Wild Tale of Nuclear Terror, Kidnapping, Gangsters and Family Values Before Cain Strikes Nuclear Winter Wonderland Cost of Life: A Thriller While Galileo Preys (An Esme Stuart Novel - Book 1)