Start by marking “While Galileo Preys (Esme Stuart #1)” as Want to Read:
While Galileo Preys (Esme Stuart #1)

While Galileo Preys (Esme Stuart #1)

If there were a God, he would have stopped me.

That's the message discovered atop an elementary school in downtown Atlanta. Across the street are the bodies of fourteen innocent men and women, each quickly and cleanly murdered. The sniper Galileo is on the loose. He can end a human life from hundreds of yards away. And he is just getting started.

Where others see puzzles, E
Published August 24th 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about While Galileo Preys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about While Galileo Preys

Jun 02, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
"If there were a God, He would have stopped me"... That's the message discovered atop an elementary school in downtown Atlanta. Across the street are fourteen innocent men and women, each quickly and cleanly murdered."

Murdered not by just a random serial killer but by a sniper...someone with field experience but who is it and why is he doing it??

As usual, I picked up a book that is somewhere in a serie
Robert Beveridge
Joshua Corin, While Galileo Preys (Mira, 2010)

Okay, so. Published by Mira and with a grammatically-awkward pun in the title. What on Earth was I thinking picking this book up? I could almost hear it begging me not to push the “ship me this title” button. I must have been feeling like a masochist that day, though, because press the button I did, and a week-odd later, While Galileo Preys was sitting in my mailbox, giving me that accusing stare that you get from the person you're trying to pick up
Aug 17, 2012 Anja rated it really liked it
Shelves: thriller
Das Buch hat mir richtig gut gefallen. Es ist toll geschrieben und die Handlung geht stets im gleichen Tempo voran. Der Schluss wird auch nicht herausgezögert, was mir bei einigen anderen Büchern von anderen Autoren aufgefallen ist.
Werde auf jeden Fall die kommenden Bücher von ihm lesen.

(Deutscher Titel: Herr, erbarme dich)
May 15, 2012 Anja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
das buch hat mir richtig gut gefallen. es ist toll geschrieben und die handlung geht stets im gleichen tempo voran. der schluss wird auch nicht herausgezögert, was mir bei einigen büchern von anderen autoren aufgefallen ist.
werde auf jeden fall die kommenden bücher von ihm lesen.
Jan 04, 2011 Rodney rated it really liked it
Great read. Very unique serial killer, self named Galileo. I love the heroine Esme. Looking forward to her future adventures.
Stacy Boyd
Fast-paced and tension-filled. Loved the heroine.
Jun 01, 2014 Barbara rated it liked it
Shelves: thriller
Adding to the intrigue and interest of this story of a gunman bent on mass murder was the author's skill in introducing a character and encapsulating his/her ambitions/desires/disappointments in life within a single paragraph to the point where I often felt a sense of disappointment when the character was suddenly dispatched by the end of that very same paragraph. I enjoyed the read, but the revelation of the gunman's motivation for all the carnage seemed far-fetched. I'll give this author anoth ...more
Feb 13, 2011 Claire rated it it was ok
Don't want to rate this one- Esme is an extremely likable character. For mysterious reasons she ditched a productive and successful career in the FBI, where she alone could see patterns in serial crime that would nab the bad guy, for a stultifying stint in bland, deadly boring suburbia. Ok, not so mysterious, her husband insists that this subsumed version of Esme is his wife. We don't like him, don't understand Esme liking someone who would insist on this. We also don't like his self centered, s ...more
This was a surprise for a mass market paperback that I grabbed off our library's book sale table.

It's actually a pretty good thriller. Esme is attempting to leave the FBI to be a wife and mother, but a recent shooting may draw her back in, causing family problems and danger to herself.

I'm more of a traditional mystery lover. I prefer knowing all of the characters and figuring out who did it, rather than just chasing down a stranger - but this was really good. It kept me wanting to turn the pages
May 28, 2014 Benjamin rated it liked it
A serial killer is on the loose. Retired FBI agent is called back into service. Lots of dead bodies in the course of the story. Nothing really deep or new here, but I excerpted one quote as a Facebook status. The characters were interesting enough, and there were enough plot twists to keep the pages turning. Overall, I probably enjoyed it more than it deserved.
Apr 08, 2011 Tricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While Galileo Preys opens with a bang and the suspense and unraveling to the who and why are gripping. For me, this was a read that I couldn't put down.
Someone is sniper killing innocent people. An ex FBI agent is brought in, Esme Stuart,now a retired homemaker. Esme has a unique way of solving cases and her expertise is called upon to help with the murderous Galileo.
My jaw hit the floor on more than one occasion, all before page 90. I think the writing here is unique in that the writer pushes
Feb 04, 2016 Jasmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ich habe das Buch innerhalb von 3 Tagen gelesen und es hat mir gut gefallen. Der Verlauf der Geschichte ist sehr kurzweilig und die Wendungen weitestgehend nicht vorhersehbar. Das Motiv des Täters fand ich etwas dürftig dargestellt und nicht 100% passend gewählt.
Alles in allem kann ich das Buch Fans von Thrillern aber Guten Gewissens weiterempfehlen.
Dec 06, 2011 Katelin rated it really liked it
As I first started to read this book I was completely thrown off at least three times. I'm glad that the book did not continue in the style that it started because I was beginning to think that there would never be a main plot. Thankfully, the book went in another direction and I became enthralled! At the end of the book I couldn't put it down. My brain was telling me that it was too late and time to call it a night but my eyes weren't listening; I just HAD to know how it all ended. ...and you k ...more
Darla Stokes
Mar 05, 2013 Darla Stokes rated it it was ok
Our heroine has left the FBI in favor of home & family--that would be fine, except that it apparently wasn't her choice--it was her husband's demand. But seven years later, she is THE ONLY PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD who can solve a mystery that has the FBI stymied. Uh, okay. Not buying it. Her dilemma between her family and her career would have made more sense if the book were set in, say, the 1950s.

Too bad the suspense wasn't more... suspenseful, or I'd have gotten over the annoying premi
Deanna Arsenault
Jun 23, 2016 Deanna Arsenault rated it it was amazing
Awesome book. I couldn't put it down. I don't understand how anyone could give it less than 5! I'm going to the library to get the next book in the series.
Brian Tracey
Jul 19, 2014 Brian Tracey rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced thriller with a smart protagonist who keeps you cheering for her until the terrifying end.
Dec 01, 2011 Arthur rated it it was amazing
Interesting descriptive dialogue and believably a story that intrigues mystery readers. A thrilling suspense needs well planted character and details to hold readers esteem when getting to the roots of what the book is about. Esme being a mother of a daughter who drew her in her dress before Esme goes out is a quality many writer may left out because it suggests too many details about what living is all about and its pressures. But this story is catching and that when Esme was one step ahead of ...more
Oct 05, 2015 Helene rated it it was ok
Good, but not impressive. I would not recommend this book. Read and forgotten.
Evelyn M
Aug 30, 2010 Evelyn M rated it liked it
It was ok. The main character Esme was likable enough but I must say when I found out the big secret, the reason for all these murders I was disappointed. Galileo was a mystery, there was a small look into him. I would have liked there to have been something more to him in the reading. I was intrigued enough by the mail character though that I would read the next book.
Cindy VW
Jan 10, 2014 Cindy VW rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thrillers
Un thriller honnête, qui vaut surtout pour le portrait d'un tueur à glacer le sang !
Jun 27, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it
It kind of felt like starting in the middle of the series because why Esme leaves the FBI isn't really explained. I did like the two sides of Rafe (prig or bait-and-switched husband) because Esme obviously chose to marry and have a child with him.
Jun 29, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Picked this up on a whim. Always looking for new authors since I read so quickly. Very good read, draws you in, and while predictable, at times, it shocks and surprises in other times. Give it a read. It's worth the time!
Nita Garcia
Jun 12, 2011 Nita Garcia rated it it was amazing
Esme Stuart is a kick *** FBI agent! Loved this book Never wanted it to end.

A serial Killer going by the name of Galileo made the perfect psychopath! Read this book in one day ... loved it loved it loved!
Mar 07, 2011 Kevyn rated it really liked it
Really good suspense novel. A serial killer in the Vatican is pursued by an ex-FBI profiler
Jun 24, 2012 Rick rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. From page one until the end it is fast past, well written and just a great read.
Sep 06, 2012 erica rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
i can't decide if this was good or merely a quick paced wreck.
Eileen Engel
Aug 25, 2013 Eileen Engel rated it liked it
Kina marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2016
LitaVore marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2016
Felicia marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2016
  • 2 in the Hat
  • The Perfect Woman (Detective John Stallings #1)
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Vicious
  • The Serial Killers Club
  • Devil's Keep (Bravo Cell One Nine, #1)
  • Tombstoning
  • Emerald Germs of Ireland
  • Dead Hunt (Diane Fallon Forensic Investigation #5)
  • The Bone Chamber (Sydney Fitzpatrick #2)
  • All The Pretty Dead Girls
  • Traitor (Stratton, #6)
  • The Sculptor (Sam Markham, #1)
  • The Nanny Murders (A Zoe Hayes Mystery #1)
  • War Torn (War Torn, #1)
  • Noise
  • 24 Declassified: Death Angel
  • 'Til Dice Do Us Part (Bunco Babes Mystery, #2)

Esme Stuart (2 books)
  • Before Cain Strikes (Esme Stuart #2)