Start by marking “Heist Society” as Want to Read:
Heist Society

Heist Society (Heist Society #1)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  68,250 ratings  ·  4,293 reviews
Kat Bishop wants to leave the family business.
But that's not easy if your family are a gang of exclusive, world-class thieves...

When a mobster accuses Kat's dad of stealing his priceless art collection, Kat knows there's only one thing to do - she has to find the paintings and steal them back. But with only to weeks, a teenage crew, a plan that will take her across Europe,
Published February 25th 2010 by Hachette Australia (first published February 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Heist Society, please sign up.

Reagan Eure It's not a "good hook", but I enjoyed it. It took a while for me to get into it, but once I was, I loved it.
Meera Patel Oh yeah, I would say for sure this is up the ally of that particular age group. Actually anything this author writes is for that age group. So I would…moreOh yeah, I would say for sure this is up the ally of that particular age group. Actually anything this author writes is for that age group. So I would check out her other series as well.

As for recommendations:
The Lunar Chronicles- Marissa Meyer ( This is for sure top choice by me)
Zodiac- Romina Russell
Heir Chronicles- Cinda William Chima
Vampire Academy - Richelle Meade ( might be OK if she is 15)

It really depends on where her interests lies

Kat Kennedy
Dec 04, 2013 Kat Kennedy rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenagers. The real kind - the ones with pimples
My husband once told me a story about a neighbour he had before his family moved to our city. His very friendly, community conscious neighbour had a mower stollen one night by a couple of drunken goons. His parents gave him their sympathy and inquired as to why he didn't call the police. He replied that he didn't need to.

Whoever this man really was and whatever he really did, I won't expound on. It's enough to say that two days later his mower was returned to his yard. Cleaned. With a free case
Also posted on STRANGEMORE.COM.

Who is in the Heist Society?

* One of them is a mini Sydney-Bristow-in-training, whose family has been falsely accused, and she's armed with a big attitude and huge problems.

* Then there is the handsome and debonair millionaire thief who compares dancing to navigating through a laser grid.

* There is also the beauty who is literally electrifying in high heels and a skirt. At least, when she gets too close to priceless works of art.

* Two of them are the ones who
Jul 16, 2011 Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: to people who liked the movie Ocean's Eleven or just looking for something new
I love it when you get excited when seeing a book you never heard of before, and then while reading, it turns out to be fantastic, instead of the opposite. I am now a huge fan of Ally Carter's. I have her other series (the Gallagher Girls), but I just haven't had the time to read them yet...what, with so many other books to read, but not now. I wont wait to read them.

I can see this series becoming my new YA favorite.

I loved the characters and the twist and turns in the plot-line. It wasn't pred
Sue (YAHollywood)

Listen to my Heist Society fanmix in 8tracks and see the tracklist here.

Actual Rating: 4.5 stars

This book is everything I wanted and more.

Heist Society has the same international thrill as The Conspiracy of Us which is one of my favorite reads this year. And it went delightfully well. I might be crying tears of blood. Please give me twenty. Mini review to come.
Okay, the only reason I wanted to read this book was because I took a course called “Art in Popular Literature” and it was an awesome class that really sparked my interest in art. Perhaps that wasn’t the right perspective to view this book from because the complete absence and respect paid to the true real works of art in this book left me absolutely pissed.

First of all, for the majority of the book I was so confused. All the amounts of names for characters we had to keep track of and backstory
Definitely 5 stars! Put it this way, I got this on audiobook from the library, finished it today in the car on the way to work, and stopped at the book store on the way home from work to buy a copy to keep. What a great premise! A bunch of preteens pulling off an Ocean's 11 worthy heist all in the name of saving family.

Katerina Bishop (such a fantastic name) is the daughter of Bobby Bishop - one of the world's greatest thief's - and she is well on her way to being the same. She pulled her first
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
I love tales about thieves and con artists, book series like The Curse Workers and movies like Ocean’s Eleven. I love it when seemingly random events come together neatly and cleverly in the end. Therefore, I loved Heist Society. It is admittedly not as clever as White Cat, for example, but I had a hard time putting it down and that’s a big deal these days.

Fifteen-year-old Katarina Bishop is a very experienced con artist. She may be ridiculously young, but in her line of work, she’s one of the b
Rachel Lightwood

Heist Society was one of the most confusing books I have ever read and by that I don't necessarily mean the plotline was befuddling - though it was not exactly easy to follow - I mean that my feelings towards the characters and the book in general was different for every chapter which left me awfully confused for most of the book. One point I was loving it, next I was confused, then I a little bored only to be shocked by an intense scene bursting with suspense, intrigue and mysteriousness.

The id
WHY? I don't understand all these stellar reviews. It's mind boggling because truly this book was nothing spectacular. It was clever, sure. I like the idea of it more than I like the book per se.

The main character is a ninny. All she ever does is float around worrying, trying to reassure me that although she has/had amazing ninja stealing skills, she doesn't approve of them. GET OUT OF THE WAY PRISCILLA, I'LL TAKE YOUR PLACE. GUN-FRICKING-HO. Not to mention she was flat. Like, tasteless kind of
Rating: 4.5 stars

Favourite Quote: "It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth."

Heist Society is a brilliant read! It was fun and fast paced and I loved every minute of it.

Kat is a 15 year old retired thief or was until she was forced to get back in the family business in order to save her Dad. Her father has been set up, accused of stealing paintings from a mobster type of guy that lead to some very dangerous co
After a childhood spent assisting her father, one of the world’s most talented art thieves, Katarina Bishop tries to leave the family business behind when she forges her way into a New England boarding school.

She quickly discovers, though, that her past is inescapable. Her father has been accused of stealing already stolen masterpieces from a dangerous Italian billionaire. Certain that her father is innocent, Kat resolves to find the missing paintings and return them to their unsavory owner, wh
Liz* Fashionably Late
3.5 Stars
First Marie Lu with Legend and now Ally Carter... Let me ask you one thing, what kind of sixteen year old kids were you back then?

My big and only problem with this book is how a couple of sixteen year old kids manage to do extraordinary things despite not being this a fantasy book? Or was it? Why so goddamn young?

Heist Society was good, very good. The kind of book you can read on a sunny afternoon. It was funny, smart, light and so delightfully written. Kind of Ocean's Eleven for YA,
4.5 stars!
I love heist movies so I guess it's not much of a surprised that I really enjoyed this book!! I loved the countdown pages and how this book made me feel like I've traveled the world as part of their team haa. There were some scenes that I wished I could have seen since I had trouble visualizing some of the details of their heist even with the descriptive narrative. The characters were all fantastic and hilarious. The crew dynamic was my favorite!

Full review to come!
(4.5 stars)

Katarina Bishop was a thief, she was one of the best thieves in her family that is until she decided to give it all up, turn her back on her family and join the elite Colgan school. But after three months she’s kicked out of the school for something she didn’t do. She’s then forced to return to her family and friends to clear her dad’s name, he’s been accused of stealing a private collection of paintings belonging to the dangerous Arturo Taccone, he gives her an ultimatum, she has two
Katarina Bishop has pulled off one of the biggest cons of her life, stealing an education to one of the best schools in the world, only to be framed, expelled, and thrown back into her old life of lies and thievery.
Five famous pieces of art work as been stolen by someone who's not to be messed with and Kat's father as been blamed. Now Kat and her band of thieves has two weeks to steal it back.

Heist Society is a surge of excitement and an absolute thrilling blast!
I have to hand it to Ally Carter,
Three stars in the best way possible. :)

This is the story of Katarina Bishop. She is a teenager, a boarding school reject, and an unambiguously moralistic thief. Kat and her posse of fellow teen thieves are on a mission to clear her dad's name of a dangerous crime before the dude he supposedly ripped off (who has the coolest name ever, Arturo Taccone) uses her father as an example of what happens when Mr. Taccone is crossed. Intrigue!

Honestly, the beginning chapters did not grab me. At all. I th
3.5 stars, rounded up to four.

Heist Society is essentially a teen heist novel. Realistic? Maybe not. Hale sure isn't. Fun? Yes, it's definitely that. Good enough to keep going with the series? Well, maybe not.

There are definitely things to like here. The characters, especially Kat, reasonably act and sound like teens who grew up surrounded by organized, career criminals. For the most part, I found their actions and reactions believable, and they were mostly likeable without being dull and overly
As a fan of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series, I was surprised to find out that she was coming out with another series. However, surprise quickly turned into anticipation after I read the summary of Heist Society, especially since it was about thieves.

Heist Society was a great, quick read. The plot was suspenseful, full of twists and turns; the characters were unique and interesting; and the writing was quite dramatic at times, making certain scenes have more of an impact to the story.

I reall
OK. At this point, I don't know where i left the book. But the book seemed promesing.
3 and a half :)

Heist Society is like reading Ocean's Eleven but with a rag tag bunch of teens (including best friend hottie, glamour girl and geektastastic nerds). It's actually already been optioned for a film and I can see why.

Not only is the plot intricate with a glamorous setting, but the writing is really a cut above. I loved the sophisticated tone and intelligent humour that amused me from the first chapter. Even with teenage protags, it doesn't necessarily have a YA feel about it. It's in
I found this to be quite cute! It reminded me a little of a YA version of The Heist, which I loved.
Shannon Thompson
No one—and I mean no one—creates spy girls and art thieves like Ally Carter. Feisty, secretive, and…sometimes forgotten (since all thieves must be unseen), Katarina (Kat) Bishop has created her first Heist Society. She’s on a mission…but not of the usual type. This time, she’s stealing paintings back, and a villain beyond villains has set a deadline…or everyone gets it. ;] (You know what I mean.)
One of my favorite parts of this novel is how believable it is, even when the main paintings discusse
Daphne (Winged Reviews)
It held up really well on reread and even after all this time, Kat and Hale interactions still make me shiver with glee. Although I think the con wasn't as good as in the latter books, the characters were definitely still amazing. Also, this is the first book I've reread in about 4 years so I'm really pleased with myself. Can we know Hale's name now please? <3
Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Theft, friends, family, plotting, crime.

The characters were just a bit too smooth and the situations just a bit too much to believe. But it was enjoyable.

Full review to come.
Did you know that your great-great-grandmother was a very fine painter in her own right?"
Kat nodded. She did know. Who else could have forged the Mona Lisa that hung in the Louvre?

If you are looking for a really complicated book with mean thieves, this is not your book.
If you are looking for a big hot romance, this is not your book. Yet, I hope.
Now, if you are looking for a light read with a lot of cons and testing others' abilities, this is definitely your book.

Never live anyplace you can't
Auntie J
First I want to say this is a pretty fun and enjoyable read. Of the light and fluffy variety. But I had a big issue with it that continuously spoiled my ability to enjoy this story. Particularly since this story is about and for teens. And no, my issue wasn't how ridiculously implausible it is. I can go with implausible when it's well-written and entertaining.

I'm certainly able to enjoy a story about unrepentant and even sympathetic criminals (I loved Paper Moon). This isn't that.

Kat here isn't
jillian nessie
I am, always was, and always will be a girl with a thing for stories about spies, secret agents, con artists, and thieves, or really anything involving the use of crazy cool gadgets and the ability to hang upside down from an air vent in the ceiling. Movies like Mission Impossible, The Italian Job, and National Treasure (though strictly speaking, I love that one more for the historical stuff, but that's irrelevant) are my "comfort food" movies. The search for a book like that brought me to Heist ...more
2015 Reading Chal...: Heist Society by Ally Carter 1 7 Oct 17, 2015 09:37PM
A Million More Pages: 1 - Heist Society (Heist Society): Apr 27 13 17 May 05, 2015 02:15PM
The Heist Society 1 13 May 01, 2015 06:04PM
Favorite YA Con Artist Book? 1 21 Mar 28, 2015 02:34PM
What do the W.Ws stand for in Hales name? 8 81 Dec 30, 2014 11:59AM
  • Fight to the Finish (The Specialists, #5)
  • The Body at the Tower (The Agency, #2)
  • Killer Spirit (The Squad, #2)
  • I'm So Sure (The Charmed Life, #2)
  • The Treasure Map of Boys: Noel, Jackson, Finn, Hutch, Gideon—and me, Ruby Oliver  (Ruby Oliver, #3)
  • The Empress's Tomb (Kiki Strike, #2)
  • My Double Life
  • Broadway Lights (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #5)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Academy 7
  • The Liar Society (The Liar Society, #1)
  • The Royal Treatment (Princess for Hire, #2)
  • The Cinderella Society (The Cinderella Society, #1)
  • Front and Center (Dairy Queen, #3)
  • Den of Thieves (Cat Royal, #3)
Ally Carter writes books about spies, thieves, and teenagers. She is the New York Times Best-selling author of the Gallagher Girls and Heist Society series. Her books have been published all over the world, in over twenty languages.

ALL FALL DOWN is the first book in her highly-anticipated new series, Embassy Row. Book 2, SEE HOW THEY RUN will be in stores Dec 22, 2015.

She encourages you to visit
More about Ally Carter...

Heist Society (4 books)
  • Uncommon Criminals (Heist Society, #2)
  • Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)
  • Untitled (Heist Society, #4)

“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.” 1031 likes
“And I didn't choose it, Kat. I chose you.” 457 likes