Start by marking “Space Fever (Fever, #1)” as Want to Read:
Space Fever (Fever, #1)

Space Fever (Fever #1)

2.78 of 5 stars 2.78  ·  rating details  ·  23 ratings  ·  8 reviews
He can save her planet, but only if she saves him first.

Cabrielle is glad her father never lived to see his defraction technology in the hands of the rebels. Now the only hope for her planet's survival is Torr, the Zentarin who's training Cortierra's pilots.

Except Torr is suffering from an untimely case of lust fever--two years ahead of schedule. He must return home to mat
Published March 30th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published February 6th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Space Fever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Fever

Yvette
I was excited to read it, but found it didn't live up to expectations. The main issue, for me, was the more than slightly wishy-washy romance.

Oh, you lied to me about that? Well, um, okay.
Oh, you lied about that too? Well, um, that's okay too I guess.
Oh, and you also lied about that as well? Well, um, geez.

There were a few sobs of protest, but nothing serious. I kept wishing the heroine would JUST SHOOT HIM ALREADY!

While reading I found myself wanting for a more Susan Grant type heroine who, up
Lynette
Cortierra is at war. Cabrielle is a woman living in the shadow of her powerful step-father and her own father’s suspected treason. To distance herself from the past, Cabriella has done everything to prove her loyalty to her country. When the Zentarian soldier whose training pilots, and who’s her country’s only hope of winning the war goes into lust-fever, it’s up to Cortierra to mate with him to save his life and her country. Then Cabrielle learns everything is not all that it’s seems and someti ...more
Has
AnnaM
What I liked: The heroine's name, Cabrielle, was unique. I liked the "hinted at" world. Could have been terrific. The pace was fast and light, and parts were a bit funny. The blood bats were cool.

What I didn't like:

The "have to have sex with an alien to save my planet with no protestations or proof" beginning. It's escapism and a way to get two strangers hooked up fast, I get that. I just don't particularly like that trope and the "reasons why" weren't explained enough for me to believe a smart
Jessica
I usually enjoy twisty-turny stories with unreliable characters, and the set up for this sounded interesting, but this one didn't really work for me. I'm not sure if the pacing was too fast or there wasn't enough character development or both, but moments that I think were meant to evoke *gasp* and *angst* mostly just made me go "Wait, what?" and then question the heroine's decision-making skills.

I do see potential here and would be willing to try this author again after she gets a few more stor
Angela
2.5 there was a good premise going on here but, like others have said; I was a little disconcerted with the wishy washy truthfulness going on....when you know it would piss you off and you would be a little miffed and not so quickly forgiving.
gert
i liked it.

interesting world building, carried over into the next book in the series - 'star fever'.

good sex. half-decent heroine. somewhat establish story arc.

will look for author's other books.
Tina
Interesting premise and the world building was good. Romance part was ok prefered the sci/fi part better.
Sherry
Sherry added it
Aug 01, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Wicked Nyx
Wicked Nyx marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Rhonda
Rhonda marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2012
Tonya
Tonya marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2012

Fever (2 books)
  • Star Fever (Fever, #2)
Play by Play (Play Makers #1) Playing for Keeps (Play Makers #2) Play Date Game of Hearts  (Happily Ever After Company, #1) Trace Elements (A Gower and Saxon Book)