Start by marking “The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44” as Want to Read:
The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee.
Published October 27th 1969 by Little, Brown and Company (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

I am not selling this book, despite the blurb attached to the title. My copy has been in my library for many years, finally to be read in the past few weeks.

I had the good opportunity to peruse the Principia Mathematica in our college library and found it much beyond my desire or ability to appreciate. That was nearly a half-century ago, and I am too far into my dotage to revisit that work, even if logical constructs like "Dedekindin Continuity" excited my thoughts at this stage of life.

Andrew Krupnicki
Bertrand Russell was one of the most powerful minds of the past century, and his life's work continues over forty years after his death. All three volumes of the Autobiography are an essential read for anyone who values justice, tolerance, and love.
Dozy Pilchard
Excellent second volume.
Gary Godefroy
Bertrand Russell had an amazing intellect and knew many of the giant intellectuals of his long 98 years on earth. He was very candid about his personal life. Much of the autobiography were letters written to him by now famous people. This was a two edged sword. It was interesting to hear what others wrote, but it gave less space for Russell to expound his personal philosophy. That's why I gave it only 3 stars. However, I will read Volume 2, and I know it will be worth reading.
Sinan Öner
Sinan Öner marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Monica Ghaly
Monica Ghaly marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Nikolas Kalar
Nikolas Kalar marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
朱姬 朱姬
朱姬 朱姬 marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Uday Basumatary
Uday Basumatary marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2015
Roxana Russo
Roxana Russo marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Lotten added it
Jul 01, 2015
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Olga Weronika
Olga Weronika marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
suz is currently reading it
May 02, 2015
Ahmed Ibrahim
Ahmed Ibrahim marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Laura Beth
Laura Beth marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Mark Holz
Mark Holz marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Joost marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bertrand Arthur William Russell, 3rd Earl Russell, OM, FRS, was a Welsh philosopher, historian, logician, mathematician, advocate for social reform, pacifist, and prominent rationalist. Although he was usually regarded as English, as he spent the majority of his life in England, he was born in Wales, where he also died.

He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1950 "in recognition of his var
More about Bertrand Russell...
A History of Western Philosophy Why I Am Not a Christian and Other Essays on Religion and Related Subjects The Problems of Philosophy The Conquest of Happiness Religion and Science