Start by marking “The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44” as Want to Read:
The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

4.02  ·  Rating Details  ·  45 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
This new edition of his Autobiography, published for the first time in one hardback volume and introduced by Michael Foot, charts the life of a remarkable man in the lucid and honest style characteristic of all his writing.
Published October 27th 1969 by Simon & Schuster (first published 1951)

To ask other readers questions about The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Autobiography of Bertrand Russell 1914-44

David
Aug 27, 2015 David rated it it was amazing
I am not selling this book, despite the blurb attached to the title. My copy has been in my library for many years, finally to be read in the past few weeks.

I had the good opportunity to peruse the Principia Mathematica in our college library and found it much beyond my desire or ability to appreciate. That was nearly a half-century ago, and I am too far into my dotage to revisit that work, even if logical constructs like "Dedekindin Continuity" excited my thoughts at this stage of life.

Through
Andrew Krupnicki
Feb 07, 2015 Andrew Krupnicki rated it it was amazing
Bertrand Russell was one of the most powerful minds of the past century, and his life's work continues over forty years after his death. All three volumes of the Autobiography are an essential read for anyone who values justice, tolerance, and love.
Dozy Pilchard
Apr 23, 2013 Dozy Pilchard rated it really liked it
Excellent second volume.
Gary Godefroy
Jul 02, 2014 Gary Godefroy rated it liked it
Bertrand Russell had an amazing intellect and knew many of the giant intellectuals of his long 98 years on earth. He was very candid about his personal life. Much of the autobiography were letters written to him by now famous people. This was a two edged sword. It was interesting to hear what others wrote, but it gave less space for Russell to expound his personal philosophy. That's why I gave it only 3 stars. However, I will read Volume 2, and I know it will be worth reading.
Ryan
Jan 04, 2016 Ryan rated it liked it
Interesting book.
Doug
Doug is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2016
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Pablo
Pablo rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2016
Mohamed Adam
Mohamed Adam marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Joe B
Joe B rated it really liked it
Jun 22, 2016
banjiewen
banjiewen marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
Gabriel Thomas
Gabriel Thomas marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Ryan Curry
Ryan Curry marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Jake
Jake rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2016
Julio Andrade
Julio Andrade marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2016
Lance
Lance marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Murat
Murat rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2016
Michaël
Michaël marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Doctortdm
Doctortdm rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
J.
J. marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Haziq Zaildar
Haziq Zaildar marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Dave Bernard
Dave Bernard marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Dealer
Dealer marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2015
Evonda Valentine
Evonda Valentine marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Haroon Dalazak
Haroon Dalazak marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Paul
Paul rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bertrand Arthur William Russell, 3rd Earl Russell, OM, FRS, was a Welsh philosopher, historian, logician, mathematician, advocate for social reform, pacifist, and prominent rationalist. Although he was usually regarded as English, as he spent the majority of his life in England, he was born in Wales, where he also died.

He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1950 "in recognition of his var
More about Bertrand Russell...