Start by marking “Nigella Fresh: Delicious Flavors on Your Plate All Year Round” as Want to Read:
Nigella Fresh: Delicious Flavors on Your Plate All Year Round

Nigella Fresh: Delicious Flavors on Your Plate All Year Round

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  2,812 ratings  ·  47 reviews
In Nigella Fresh, Nigella Lawson shows readers how to prolong that warm summer feeling through even the darkest days of winter. Innovative, versatile, and delicious, this is an irresistible and wide-ranging volume full of summery recipes that can be eaten at any time--from succulent Spanish and Italian dishes to the fragrant mezze of the Eastern Mediterranean; from roasted ...more
Published April 20th 2010 by Hachette Books (first published September 5th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Nigella Fresh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nigella Fresh

Jean
Forever summer. Forever delicious. May be the best of her cookbooks. Here are the recipes I've tasted and the cookbook club cooks who made them.

Molly - Zucchini Fritters: Feta, zucchini, fried, goodness. Excellent.

Gretchen - Soba Noodles with Sesame Seeds: Amazing seasoning. G got the noodles perfect and I wanted to keep all the leftovers for myself.

Me - Three fishes with Three Herb Salsa: Capers and lemon and delicious fresh fishes. It will smell up your kitchen something good but the taste is
Michelle
Feb 17, 2009 Michelle rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: United Kingdom cooks
So, I checked this out from the library, thinking I would find lots of fresh and delicious recipes, maybe even some that would impress my English grandmother. Alas, most of the recipes were not only complicated, but the ingredients were not easily accessible where I live. Maybe this cookbook is meant for United Kingdom cooks? I don't know, but I was definitely disappointed and happy that I just borrowed it and didn't buy it. Probably won't be in a hurry to check out any more of her cookbooks.
Claire
Will have to update this review once I actually try more of the recipes, but the pictures are lovely, the food sounds great, and her writing is a trip (she calls one of the dishes "sluttish ruby berries in jelly" or something like that).
Linda

I LOVE Nigella and all her books are wonderful, not just the recipes but the reading as well, you almost feel you are having a conversation with her. But, this book however is not in the league of all the others.
Michelle
Ugh, she's so pretty and sassy, doesn't that make her recipes good? For me, no ... Oh well, Nigella, I love the look of your kitchen products but am going to have to pass on your cooking.
Ms Miaow
I loved the ice cream,drinks and desserts chapters of this book,really made me want to have a go at them myself which is surely the mark of a successful cookbook,what's the point of having a book on your shelves that never gets used,just because it's trendy or whatever?
Pretty photo's too,and would have given 5 stars,but sorry Nigella,you need to include more vegetarian recipes and less meat!
Kara LaFleur
I actually originally bought several of Nigella Lawson's books for the food photography, which is actually gorgeous, but ended up cooking some of the recipes.

I find this book to be fun, but not an entirely serious cooking tome. Many of the recipes are very specific in their ingredients (meaning you will likely have to go shopping in order to execute specific recipe). But a great resource for special occasions or cooking for a dinner party.

My favorite savory recipe is the slow roasted Garlic &a
Lauredhel
I borrowed this from the library, but I'm going to buy it. There are lots of doable recipes, great ideas for a summer dinner party or barbecue. And beautiful photography, as always.
Eileen
Some interesting recipes that I tried out and my guest really enjoyed
Sita
Feb 26, 2008 Sita rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cooking fan
Shelves: cook-book
I've read Nigella Lawson's column now and then when I lived in England but it wasn't until I saw her show that I gotten the Nigella Bug. British food aren't known to be delish but she and Jamie makes it looks totally exciting. She's written many books about cooking but, like Jamie, their recipes tend to be seasonal ie. what's good for winter, fall, etc. I chose this one because it suits my home climate's best. The book is illustrated with colour photos and the writing style is also chatty. Seems ...more
Tysheena
Please Vist http://tycookfromthebook.blogspot.com/

The recipes are 'different' not exactly 'summer comfort food', but more like 'summer impress your guest food'. Nigella seems to hold your hand throughout the entire cooking process. It is actually quite comforting. I would have given this book five stars if only it provided pictures for every recipe rather than every other. I look forwarded to seeing how it is suppose to look. But over all this was a refreshing spin on summer delight.
Gail
While I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE N.L., I will probably only make a handful of the recipes in this book...just my personal tastes and some of the ingredients I'm unsure of, so I will have to do a little educating and investigating...when I have some time!

However, I will purchase this book to add to my collection (I borrowed this copy from the library to check it out); it's a good read in and of itself and the photos are lovely...
Amy
Many fresh and flavorful dishes and food photos inspired by the idea of the summer season with equally enticing Nigella commentary. Key ingredients can be plucked from your garden or the local farm market. The recipes are honest, fun and fairly simple to put together. A few favorites: spiced pink soup, the rainbow room's carrot and peanut salad, lavender trust cupcakes, rhubarb fool, fresh green gimlet.
Katherine
My least favorite of the Nigella books, although I thoroughly enjoyed the accompanying television series when it originally aired. This is the only book of hers I never purchased for my collection because, while I have made a few of the recipes within these pages, I am not compelled to make more. Simply put: seek out her other, stronger books (and leave aside Nigella Express for the moment as well).
Juliette Williams
Mmm...got this from the library because of the title. Was looking for a good summer cookbook and - this wasn't it. It's very very pretty to look at, but every recipe I turned to (started at the beginning, admittedly -didn't skip around) was either something I didn't want to cook or found wayyyy too intimidating. But the pictures are really pretty. ;)
Barbara
The woman is so insanely sexy--I love watching her on television. I wanted to love the book, but a lot of the recipes are things that I'm just not interested in eating (lamb, seafood, etc). Sigh. I still hold her in high regard nevertheless. She makes the idea of cooking a sensual experience (which it definitely can be).
Vicki
We LOVE the coconut slab cake and the Crab Linguine - to die for.

Beautiful Photography, light summery recipes... what's not to love if you like Nigella? Oh and if you don't, she doesn't witter on too much in this one and there's not that many photos of HER, unlike the later ones!
Rachel
Since I loved her cookbook "How to Be a Domestic Goddess" and since it is basically summer here in Arizona, I figured I would give this book a try. The recipes were mediocre at best, and I only ended up bookmarking about 5 out of 300+ pages.
Alicia
Sep 12, 2008 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nigella Fans
Recommended to Alicia by: Julia
Shelves: cookbooks
This is a great cook book. I love the penne and asparagus recipe, the pork chops are also a favorite. Plus Lawsons writing style and direction takes all of the fuss out of cooking and just makes it seem so cool and effortless. I LoVE this woman!
waterbaby786
Now what did I learn? That I love to eat, love to cook, and I love nigella! Ol news but so what! Her books are a fresh daisy every time you open them , something new something forgotten, all delicious makes u feel proud of ur end results
Zadrarose
Nigela has a way of making even simple bulgur wheat sound delectable. I have tried many of the recipes in the book, each one a success. If you want cooking to be fun, I highly recommend this book.
Margaret
I adore Nigella! The Chocolate Raspberry Pavlova, the Lemony Garlic Roast Chicken, and the Feta Watermelon Salad are my faves; but my goal is to cook my way through all of it.
Angie
Another great book from Nigella Lawson. The highlight of this is a salad of watermelon, red onion, mint, lime juice, olives and feta cheese - gorgeous!
Maria
i want to be her when i grow up.

you must, must make the jubilee chicken salad and the zucchini, feta and mint roll ups.
Malina
I think I'd enjoy this book more in the summer when the berries are fresh and yummy. It's a fun cookbook overall.
Susan
All of Nigella's cookbooks are beautiful. Now if only i could get around to making some of the recipes. =)
Hannah
Probably my least favorite of Nigella's range. Not too inspired or I sense as lovingly created.
Terri
I don't use this as much as Nigella's other books, but it still 5 stars from me.
Catherine Woodman
She has great recipes but her style is not my style so I find her irritating to read
  • Off The Shelf: Cooking From the Pantry
  • Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights
  • The Martha Stewart Cookbook: Collected Recipes for Every Day
  • Falling Cloudberries: A World of Family Recipes
  • Hot Sour Salty Sweet: A Culinary Journey Through Southeast Asia
Nigella Lawson is the daughter of former Conservative cabinet minister Nigel Lawson (now Lord Lawson) and the late Vanessa Salmon, socialite and heir to the Lyons Corner House empire, who died of liver cancer in 1985. Lawson attended Godolphin and Latymer School and Westminster School before graduating from Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford, with a degree in Medieval and Modern Languages.
Lawson wrote a r
More about Nigella Lawson...
How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking Nigella Express: Good Food, Fast Feast: Food to Celebrate Life Nigella Bites: From Family Meals to Elegant Dinners--Easy, Delectable Recipes for Any Occasion How to Eat: The Pleasures and Principles of Good Food