Start by marking “The One That Broke Free (One and One, #4)” as Want to Read:
The One That Broke Free  (One and One, #4)

The One That Broke Free (One and One #4)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  157 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The last thing war vet Travis MacRayne expects to find while house-sitting in Boston is a man like Vincent Clark. Even more unexpected is that Vincent seems to be attracted to Travis, too -- scars, bad leg, and all. But Travis has to go back to Alabama the next day, and a cell phone just doesn't seem like enough to bridge the distance.

It’s the first of many obstacles that
Published April 28th 2010 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about The One That Broke Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One That Broke Free

Betryal
This story to my way of seeing it is about a man enduring the doubts, insecurities and injuries in the aftermath of war and wanting for once someone who could see beyond the scars of his appearance, to find the one true love his brother had found. Travis believed he was beyond being able to be loved, but in fact Travis, the man who was forgotten once Honorably discharged finds it with none other that Vincent. Flamboyant Vinnie who keeps the amusement alive throughout the story. This book in The ...more
Chris
Very good m/m romance about a soldier who was discharged ten years ago after his leg was permanently damaged. Since then, he's been living alone in the small, closed-minded Southern town where he grew up, but after being in Boston for his brother and brother-in-law's wedding, he's rethinking his life.
♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)
This was my first book from this author and it couldn't have been any better. I bought this book because it pretty much has all of my favorites in it.

Military hero? Check.
Hero with a disability? Check.
Flamboyant hero? Check.
Small town setting? Check.

I would have been happy if this story had followed the patterns of other books with similar components. I was ecstatic though because this story did its own thing.

Travis is from a small town in Alabama but he's in Boston house-sitting for his brothe
Wren
I loved the characters. Travis is a wounded veteran from Alabama with serious self-image issues. Vincent is a Boston maitre'd who is "very in touch with his feminine side." They have instant attraction, but the way they handle it makes it real and understandable. Vincent shines when he goes to Alabama to get Travis and has to deal with some of the bigoted townspeople. The angst they both deal with is also handled well, in that neither of them get to wallow much. Now I have to read the other book ...more
Indigo
I am more than partial to this serie, but my favourite character is definitely Vincent. One scene in particular is so funny, I think I woke up my neighbours to loud did I laugh.
Mountie
When I bought this series I didn't read the blurbs all the books and truthfully I was delighted that I hadn't when I got to this book. I'd been hoping for Travis' story and beamed when I opened The One That Broke Free to find what I had been hoping for. I didn't know who Travis' love interest was going to be so I enjoyed the ride as he dated Troy and the men Bless set him up with once Travis decided that he wanted what Dad-vid & Russell and Elliot & Jamie had.

When Travis was gobsmacked b
orannia
Nov 12, 2012 orannia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Lily
The fourth book in T.C. Blue's One and One series is just as well-written and entertaining as the previous stories. I really liked both of the protags. Travis is a wounded veteran who lives in a small Southern town and Vincent is a flamboyant "queen" from the big city. Despite outward appearances they were interesting characters and well suited to each other. Their relationship kept me interested throughout and I loved visiting with characters from the previous stories.
Lidia
So sweet and romantic but also poignant so I adore this series and this book. The two protagonist are so cute and brave because don't have fear by hug their sentiments and attraction so nothing misunderstandings or tragic leave. I liked Trev for so strong out and tenderly in, while Vinnie so feminine out ie as rock , strong and determined. But this book don't is only pure honey because faces also problems and important topics so, it is an story complex and fantastic and a very lovely read.
Charneen
brilliant just like all his books.

a war hero, stubborn beyond all else, a man who goes back to a town where normally they should celebrate what he done for his country, but simply because his gay, a common occurance in today's world they shun him?

even better is the givernment he fought to defend and protect, nearly make him lose a leg??????????????

a look at the persepective from a man who would of died for something he believed in and the man that brings him to the other side
Kristen

Sadly, this was as poorly plotted and unrealistic as any run-of-the-mill Harlequin series romance, except involving men. It was almost as if the author went down a list of romance novel cliches: Cinderella story? Check! Love at first sight? Check! Knight in shining armor to save the day? Check! Check! Check!

But maybe that's what the author was aiming for? Disappointing in any case.
Emma
this really had potential, but insta-love doesn't work for me and I got bored very soon because everything was so over the top. like everybody and their uncle is gay and the MC's met exactly one time (for a few minutes) and were basically ready to get married.
Meggie
Simple said its amazing, really awesome written story. I loved the characters, the sarcasm, every word was damn good. Really good written.

THE BOOK IS HOT AND I RECOMMED IT GLADLY!!
Blue Bayou .
I really, really enjoyed Travis and Vinnie's story. It was two people who felt the attraction/chemistry and went with it honestly. It was a fun sexy loving story. Just loved it.
Veronica /  V
This is by far my favourite form this series, I loved Travis and the flamboyant Vinnie.
Idamus
Aug 29, 2012 Idamus rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Too much sex and petnames, but good plot and well written
Zuzi
Zuzi marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Kristie Wright
Kristie Wright marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Jamp
Jamp marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Jamp
Jamp marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Kath
Kath marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Viv Ross
Viv Ross marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Scarlett
Scarlett marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
Anna Goerlitz
Anna Goerlitz marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Soldier (Scarcity Sanctuary, #1)
  • Basic Training
  • Go Fish
  • The Telling (The Telling, #1)
  • Paper Planes (Queen City #1)
  • Love Means... Freedom (Farm, #3)
  • Being Taught
  • Butterfly Hunter (Butterfly Hunter #1)
  • Exposure
  • Well Traveled (Gideon and Jedediah, #1)
  • Broken (Broken #1)
  • That's Who I Am
  • Finding the Words
  • Edward Unconditionally (Common Powers, #3)
  • Second Sight
  • Alex & Drew
  • The Veteran (Veteran #1)
  • Speechless (Speechless #1)

One and One (5 books)
  • The One that Got Away (One and One, #1)
  • The One That Was Lost (One and One, #2)
  • The One that Stayed (One and One, #3)
  • The One That Gave (One and One, #5)
The One that Got Away (One and One, #1) Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade (Fruit Basket, #1) The One That Was Lost (One and One, #2) Mandarin Orange: Sweet and Sour (Fruit Basket, #3) Lime Green: Margarita Mondays (Fruit Basket, #2)

“I'd still love you even if you were just a head in a box, Travis McRayne.” 3 likes