Start by marking “Animal Tails” as Want to Read:
Animal Tails

Animal Tails

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  8 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Tails have many functions: communicating, warning, stinging, grasping, swimming, and many more. Some lizards surrender their tails to predators, then grow new ones, while kangaroos stand on their tails for balance while fighting. Some tails, such as scorpion tails, have venom in them, while other tails, such as porcupine and rattlesnake tails, send visual and acoustic warn ...more
Published July 1st 2011 by Early Light (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Animal Tails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Animal Tails

Sara Pascoe
Jan 28, 2015 Sara Pascoe rated it really liked it
A very kid-friendly and enjoyable book with good facts about the animals and how they use their tails. Nice photographers as well.
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: I let a friend of mine share this book with her class of second graders and they really loved it,

Big Kid Reaction: I really enjoyed this book and learned a lot about how animals use their tails. There was a lot of information that I had never read before.

Pros: Lots of great photography, fun facts, and a chance for kids to experiment with the functions of tails make this perfect for fun reading, in the classroom or for home schooling.
Shannon McGee
Oct 27, 2011 Shannon McGee rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, animals
Excellent pictures throughout the book and interesting facts. I wasn’t fond of the layout between the pictures and text. It made it less interesting to read. I found some of the descriptions to long and skimmed over the writings more then once to gather the information in my head.

I did not know a lot about animal tails to be honest I never thought about them before. It was fun learning about them I just wish it had been presented better.
Julie
Dec 13, 2011 Julie rated it really liked it
pair with "Animal Tongues" By: Dawn Cusick
IremK
IremK marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Bethany
Bethany rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Bindhu Nammi
Bindhu Nammi marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Alina Bender
Alina Bender rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2015
Laura added it
Feb 03, 2015
Amy Boram
Amy Boram marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2013
William
William marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2012
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2011
Paula
Paula rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2011
Cheryl
Cheryl added it
Oct 10, 2011
Elizabeth B
Elizabeth B rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2011
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2011