Start by marking “Dark Justice” as Want to Read:
Dark Justice

Dark Justice (Sean Dillon #12)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  2,027 ratings  ·  61 reviews
Jack Higgins pits the heroic covert intelligence team of Blake Johnson and Sean Dillon against a hidden foe in a very different kind of game--with a very different set of rules.
Published August 1st 2005 by Berkley Books (first published August 19th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Justice

Wes Baker
Higgins is always good for an escapist read--or in this case, listen. This was another episode in the saga of Sean Dillon, the ex-IRA terrorist turned British intelligence officer. The premise, dealing with a Russian connection to Islamic terrorism in the UK, is timely and Higgins always provides a sense of drawing from some inside information from years of contacts with his sources. Nonetheless, I was put off by Dillon's willingness to, unnecessarily, take justice into his own hands. What I enj ...more
Lisa James
First read by this specific author. Darkly funny, fast paced, engaging storyline, great action-adventure/thriller/crime genre book. Kind of reminded me of Tom Clancy or Clive Cussler in style. Not my favorite genre as a rule, but I really got a kick out of this one.
Alex Gherzo
Dark Justice, while not one of the best Sean Dillon adventures, is a worthy entry in the series. This time a British-born Muslim assassin tries to kill the American President and the aftermath sweeps Dillon and his allies into a battle with a Russian oil billionaire, a growing Muslim terrorist umbrella and some hired IRA gunmen.

The weakest point of the novel are the villains. For the most part they just aren't that interesting. Josef Belov is given an entire chapter dedicated to his
Henri Moreaux
Stories of intrigue are usually intriguing, not so with Dark Justice!

Commencing with a plot to assassinate the US President one has an immediate flashback to a previous novel with a remarkably similar plot development, only this time rather than the perpetrator being an IRA soldier hired by rich industrialist with Islamic fundamentalist views it is a Islamic fundamentalist backed by a rich industrialist.

Naturally the attempt is thwarted by Ferguson/Dillon/Blake&Co at which point they commen
#12 in the Sean Dillon series.

Sean Dillon and the Prime Ministers secret force act in London, Ireland and Baghdad to thwart Islamic terrorists financed by Russian oil billionaire Belov. Info to the Americans prevents an assassination attempt on the President. General Charles Ferguson is shot and Inspector Hannah Bernstein gravely injured when hit by a car driven by the billionaire's lieutenant.
Francis T. Villante
Final justice

this book was a definite good read. it's main character is Sean Dillon. he's an ex. I.R.A. soldier working with the British secret service. they rampage thru several different country's trying to take down a wealthy Russian oil baron help bent on taking out top political figures. it was exciting and keeps you turning the pages. I recommend it highly.
James Bauernfeind
Was introduced to Sean Dillion in this series and found the read to be enjoyable and an easy read. Again, not one of those books that intrigue you as you try to figure out the plot/motive/etc., instead it is plainly laid out path, don't want to say predictable but if you've read enough of these type books iy can seem to be.
Kind of a crude thriller, but there's a wonderful story about a Russian Oligarch who gets his start in the oil business thanks to saving Saddam's life in bizarre circumstances. Best part of the book. I often think Daniel Silva took Sean Dillon and made a much better character in Gabriel Allon—and much better books.
Bradley L. Stout
Fun stuff!

Good story, lots of action. Sean Dillon is the type that I suspect exists in today's counterterrorism field agencies. I wonder if Ms Novikova somehow survived the explosion and will reappear in another tale. I guess I'll have to get the next several Sean Dillon adventures to find out.
Another 'stuck in a remote Irish cottage with no television and dodgy internet' read which followed PD James and that Dawn of Empires thing... it was this or something in German, some kind of trashy 'middle-aged woman misery chicklit' thing and Jeffrey Archer.

OK, so I've never read a Sean Dillon book before but my instinct was one of 'Calling Gary-Stu!' If the editor had removed every reference to Sean Dillon being 'the best' at whatever, it would've been a third shorter.

On the other hand, it wa
Razvan Banciu
nothing to impress or to remind after. it looks like a twopenny dark policier from 1920. blood, far too many coincidences, the bad guys dumb as night. fight scenes very poor. two stars as a sign of great benevolence...
Michael Sigler
Good series to read

I have been reading this series and truly enjoy the main characters. I would recommend it to all people with military background.
I guess that I have read too many of Higgins books with Sean Dillion. This seemed to be the same old story line without much new or exciting.
Tim Heath
Second time I've read this (I realised it seemed familiar the more I read) but enjoyable all the same.
Andre Walter
Another Sean Dillon book which is as captivating as all the others. A great read
The battle against international terroism continues with renegade Russian agents teaming up IRA members both longing for the good old days of their respective wars. They take on The Prime Ministers Private army led Charles Ferguson with him the most feared enforcer Sean Dillion. The battles range from Irag to England to Ireland. Dillion and his fellow black ops expects battle to the death with those who seek to destroy them. Good exchanges between the characters and enough twists in the story to ...more
Donn Lorber
Decent work of Higgins, easy reading w Dillon and the gang
Barbara Junghans
Forget the details now....
Carla Conley
I actually read Dark Justice by Brandilyn Collins and loved it.
Another fast read because you keep on wanting to know what the next move is, this takes you to different places or scenes Washington,London to name a few, just glad I finish it coz the story reminds of what the whole world went through on the aftermath of 9/11 and it makes me feel sad and disturbed. But for sure, if you're a suspense action seeker this would be a book for you.
Mr. Higgins is, unfortunately, slipping in his old age. It's a shame, but he's had a damned good run... This particularly sucks from my perspective, 'cause Sean Dillon is one of my very favorite fictional characters. I actually read this last year, and completely forgot until I was halfway through it for the second time, which I suppose says a great deal.
Feb 05, 2009 Ed rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: none
It was hard for me to finish this book. On my own rating system I give it a 5 out of 10 rating. I couldn't get any traction. There were too many characters for me to track and I kept backing up the book because I wasn't listening closely, although I did like the main character, Dillon, and maybe would read another book in the series to find out more about Dillon.
Aug 17, 2008 Marla rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: slow readers with a lower IQ
Recommended to Marla by: no one
Shelves: action-adventure
Hmmmm... he is suppose to be a good writer? I don't feel that way at all. I'm half way through it and it does not keep me entertained at all. He leaves a lot out. His characters are flat. Maybe if this is a series you would know them and that would help. I don't know - I'm just not impressed. I'm even debating as to if I need to finish reading it.
Mark Brown
I like Jack Higgins...story stays pretty much the same each time, but, enjoy the small twists
Susan Macbean
Another great book by Jack Higgins
Frank Taylor
Apr 09, 2012 Frank Taylor rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nobody
It was terrible. The dialog was poorly developed, the plot was poorly developed, and the characters were not believable. Overall the book was too short and not planned out very well. The only bright spot was that the book was short so the pain was over relatively quickly.
An interesting read, that touches on pretty much all the most notable terrorist groups. Definitely makes one ask the question whether, in our quest to stop those who would take away the freedoms granted us, we don't become something less in the process...
  • Most Secret
  • The Arctic Event (Covert-One, #7)
  • An Expensive Place to Die
  • When Eight Bells Toll
  • My Life in and out of the Rough: The Truth Behind All That Bull**** You Think You Know About Me
  • The Legacy
  • Golf in the Kingdom
  • The Deceiver
  • Looking for a Ship
  • The Gold Bat
  • Sacred Stone (The Oregon Files, #2)
  • Firewall (Nick Stone, #3)
  • The Scorpio Illusion
  • Treasure of the Golden Cheetah (Jade del Cameron Mysteries, #5)
  • Time for a Tiger
  • Stand By, Stand by (Geordie Sharp, #1)
  • The Avatari
There is more than one author in the Goodreads database with this name.

Jack Higgins is the pseudonym of Harry Patterson (b. 1929), the New York Times bestselling author of more than seventy thrillers, including The Eagle Has Landed and The Wolf at the Door. His books have sold more than 250 million copies worldwide.

Born in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, Patterson grew up in Belfast, Northern Irelan
More about Jack Higgins...

Sean Dillon (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Eye of the Storm (Sean Dillon, #1)
  • Thunder Point (Sean Dillon #2)
  • On Dangerous Ground  (Sean Dillon #3)
  • Angel of Death (Sean Dillon, #4)
  • Drink with the Devil (Sean Dillon #5)
  • The President's Daughter (Sean Dillon #6)
  • The White House Connection