Highlander in Disguise (Lockhart Family #2)

Highlander in Disguise (Lockhart Family #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  489 ratings  ·  26 reviews
GRIFFIN LOCKHART HOLDS THE KEY TO HIS FAMILY'S FATE. SINCE HIS BROTHER LIAM FAILED TO RECLAIM THE PRICELESS HEIRLOOM THAT COULD SAVE THEIR ANCESTRAL SCOTTISH ESTATE, IT'S NOW UP TO GRIF TO FIND IT --- AMONG THE LORDS AND LADIES OF FASHIONABLE LONDON SOCIETY.

Disguised as a Scottish earl, Grif attends the most glittering balls, hunting for the woman who is rumored to possess...more
Published July 31st 2007 by Pocket Star Books (first published January 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Highlander in Disguise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highlander in Disguise

Fani
Griffin Lockhart goes to London to find the family heirloom known as 'beastie' that will bring prosperity back to his family. In order to do so, he borrows money from a neighboor -who asks their sister's hand in marriage as collateral- and appears in London society pretending to be a rich scottish earl. Griffin is completely in his element in the middle of London's ton and immediately catches the eye of many matchmaking misses and their mamas. But he is immediately attracted to this year's favor...more
Ana T.
Highlander in disguise is the second book in a trilogy about the members of a Scottish family whose search for a family heirloom leads them to find love.

In this book it’s Griffin Lockhart who is sent by the family to London in search of the “beastie”, what they call to their treasure. He knows the treasure was given to a woman called Amelia so he pretends to be a Duke, calls on a family friend to introduce him in society and starts on his search by the said Amelia. In one of the functions he mee...more
Kyraryker
I knew "Miss Addison" from the first book in this series "Highlander Unbound" would appear in this book, great set-up by the author. The beginning scene in this book with "Mared" ,Liam and Grif's sister, and Payton Douglas makes me very excited for the third book in this series which I am assuming is going to have them starring in it. I love how Payton describes Mared "She was as pretty as she was insufferable".
Anyway back to Grif and Anna, I love how Grif calls Anna trouble and describes her sa...more
RomReader
23yo heroine wants to seduce the man who may very possibly propose marriage to her younger & more beautiful sister so that his affections will turn to her instead. She blackmails Scottish Hero, who's pretending to be a wealthy Scottish Lord while looking for their lost family heirloom, to teach her how to seduce a man. Although he was irritated about their arrangement, Hero's teachings result in heroine's new popularity with gentlemen at balls including the man she desired to attract. But it...more
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Griffin is Liam's younger brother and has come to London to get back their family heirloom, like Liam failed to do a year earlier. In the disguise of a scottish earl, he is instantly attracted to a young debutante, but is drawn to her older, and more interesting, sister. Anna puts together who he really is and in exchange for her silence and help in getting back the heirloom, he agrees to teach her how to catch an offer from her crush. Her crush, who is also Grif's cousin Drake, is a rake who li...more
Elle
I like the through-running thread in this series, the chase after the golden beastie. But some of the elements of the stories are a little contrived. For example, I'm not sure why Grif feels he has to disguise himself, other than it helps the story. Yes, it's possible the English Lockharts will connect Liam with the missing beastie. But he's not Liam, and Liam didn't steal the beastie. If the sassenach Lockharts do sort things out, they will discover that a woman sold the beastie in Cambridge, a...more
Allison Fetch
This was a tad different than the usual romance novel...there was something about the characters that set them apart from the norm. They were both interesting and I found many of their interactions quite humorous, but I wasn't able to fully connect with the story. Part of that might be because I didn't read the first book in the series, but I think it's more likely that there were gaps in the supporting cast, which made the book a little tedious because I had no interest in any of the characters...more
Missy Jane
I was about to rate this book lower when I realized the only thing I didn't like about it was the heroine. The writing is wonderful, the plot interesting, the hero sexy as hell, and the romance very hot. So, my only complaint is the heroine. However, given the time setting, I can admit she was probably acting very in character when she ignored the dishonesty of the idiot male she hoped to earn a proposal from. There were a few of her actions that had me gritting my teeth and wanting to reach int...more
Julia
Cette romance est sympathique et remplit bien son rôle.
On couine, on glousse... et on l'oublie vite ;-)
Lori Kurochkina
This book would have been perfect if not for one thing: the heroine's insistence on pursuing a loser guy that was two-timing btwn her and her sister. And she knew about it, but chose to keep pushing to win his favor. It was so so so frustrating to read thru that part of the book. On the good side, the interaction btwn the heroine and the hero was fun and well-written.
Rachel
book 2 of the Lockhart series. Grif goes to London, posing a as a Scottish Earl, to steal the beastie from the friend of the woman who had bought it. While there he falls in love with Anna Addison. Ok, but not that compelling. 3/5. I will finish the series, though, but not too enthused about the book.
Kit★
Jun 20, 2012 Kit★ marked it as to-read
Picked this up at the Dollar Store, of course it didn't say anywhere on it that it was part of a series... so now I've gotta find the other ones... Grrr... Never read this author before though, so I'm kinda looking forward to finding 'em and giving her a try.
Dawn Kunda
A little different twist as a Highlander hiding amongst the London parties. Not as much warrior on the outside, but definitely the rogue inside.
London has a fantastic way with the Scottish accent-made me want to converse in such!
Poonam
Did not like the heroine in this one. This is an ok read.
Diana
Grif disguises himself as an earl to try to retrieve a stolen family treasure, but is coerced into teaching Anna how to get a man.

Lighthearted and a good read.
Kel
Decent start, mediocre middle, ok ending. I got tired of the characters about half-way through-they all seemed selfish and self-serving.
Maddie
What a romantic story!!!! I was hoping the ending would have been better, but it still had my attention the whole time!!!
Mary
Great story. Part 2 of a 3 book series. Grif is a likeable guy and there is lots of humor in the story. Great romantic read.
Cassandra
It was okay, took a bit to get into especially since I didn't read the first book. But it was a pretty good read.
Laura Potter
Love London's writing! Her characters and storyline are so intriguing. Can't wait to read the third Highlander book.
Deb
Another very dumb book in this series. Don't get suckered in again.
Kimberly Walter
Loved every minute reading it.
Kyoko
The first installment is WAY better.
Joan
A really great read.
Marshalee Barnes
Marshalee Barnes marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Michele Lacroix
Michele Lacroix marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
  • The Highlander (Medieval Warriors Trilogy, #3)
  • My Wicked Highlander (MacDonell Brides, #1)
  • Highland Vow (Murray Family, #4)
  • Sold to a Laird (The Tulloch Sgàthán Trilogy, #1)
  • Highland Master (Scottish Knights Trilogy #1)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • The Angel and the Highlander (Sinclare Brothers, #3)
  • Highland Obsession
  • The Warrior Laird (Highlander Brothers, #1)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • To Tempt a Knight (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #1)
  • In the Highlander's Bed (Cameron Sisters, #5)
Julia London is the New York Times and USA Today best selling author of more than a two dozen romantic fiction novels. She is the author of the popular Secrets of Hadley Green historical romance series, as well as the new Cabot Sisters historical series, including The Trouble with Honor, The Fall of Grace, and The Perils of Prudence. She is also the author of several contemporary romances, includ...more
More about Julia London...
The Hazards of Hunting a Duke (Desperate Debutantes, #1) The Book of Scandal (The Scandalous Series, #1) The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount (Desperate Debutantes, #3) The Devil's Love The Perils of Pursuing a Prince (Desperate Debutantes, #2)

“That was the moment Anna felt something inside her trip and fall, something come clean away from all the snares and traps and tangles of the propriety in which she’d been steeped all these years. And as he began to move, she pressed into him as he had shown her, looked up at him from beneath her lashes as he’d directed, and said, in a purring voice, “My, my, sir, how well you move us about the dance floor! One can’t help but wonder if you move as well in other, more intimate circumstances,” she said, and let her lips stretch into a soft smile.
It worked. Grif’s grin faded; he slowed his step a little and blinked down at her for a moment. But that dangerous smile slowly appeared again, starting in his eyes and casually reaching his lips. “If ye were to pose such a question to me, lass, I’d say, ‘As fast or as slow, as soft or as hard as ye’d want, leannan. Pray tell, how would ye want?’”
The tingling in her groin was a signal that she was on perilous ground. Anna looked into his green eyes, so dark and so deep that she couldn’t quite determine if this was a game they were playing or something far more dangerous. And her good sense, shaped and controlled from years of living among high society, quietly shut down, allowing the real Anna, the Anna who yearned to be loved, to be held and caressed and adored and know all manner of physical pleasure, to slide deeper into the circle of his arms.
“I don’t rightly know how I’d want, sir, other than to say…” Her voice trailed away as she let her gaze roam his face, the perfectly tied neckcloth, the breadth of his shoulders, his thick arms. And then she lifted her gaze to his, saw something smoldering there, and recklessly whispered, “… that I’d most definitely want.”
He said nothing. The muscles in his jaw bulged as if he refrained from speaking, and she realized that they had come to a halt. But then his hand spread beneath hers, his palm pressed to her palm, and he laced his fingers between hers, one by one, and with the last one, he closed his hand, gripping hers tightly. “Tha sin glè mhath,” he whispered hoarsely.
Anna smiled, lifted a curious brow.
“I said, that’s very good, lass. Very good indeed”
2 likes