Start by marking “The Darkest Facts: A Lords of the Underworld Companion” as Want to Read:
The Darkest Facts: A Lords of the Underworld Companion

The Darkest Facts: A Lords of the Underworld Companion

4.2 of 5 stars 4.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,463 ratings  ·  48 reviews
I, Cronus, King of the Titans, powerful warrior god, defender of the people, hereby command you to read and enjoy this "Lords of the Underwold" guide. I am not mentioned nearly enough, but that is neither here nor there. What you "will" find in this guide includes: notes from those vile fools, the Hunters; interviews with the Lords of the Underworld, as organized by that i ...more
Published May 1st 2011 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Darkest Facts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darkest Facts

Deanna
This lovely fun companion guide was written before the release of The Darkest Passion and The Darkest Lies. I’ve read both of them but I still found this to be helpful as well as a fun read. It’s pretty quick to get through and I think worth any avid LOTU fan’s time to check it out. Now I’m just going to talk a little bit about each section you get…

Twenty(ish) Questions with Kresley Cole
This was a really fun feature in this extras guide. You can see the friendship that Kresley and Gena have and
JenJenBoBin
"Five Stars made of Awesomeness!!"

This is just an awesome FAQ book really helps to keep everything straight in your head (or mine anyway) it also gives you some glimpses inside the minds of other characters it was worth the money for sure... loved the snippets and the character profiles. Sometimes you just wanna remember something about one of the warriors and cannot for the life of you remember... well now just pull this handy dandy out and you will have your answer in no time.

A MUST for any t
Shawna
I read this LOTU bonus material/companion guide as part of the Into the Dark anthology, and it includes a funny question/answer section with authors Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole, provides some fun character bios/details, and gives deeper insight into the LOTU series. 4 stars.
UltraMeital
This is an awesome idea. Really happy I got my hand on it. You know how it is with these kind of Paranormal Series, after a while you kinda forgot what was "that guy's" problem, or who was his love interest, or maybe what was his special ability / curse etc. After ten (and more) books it meshes in together, especially as most of us read more that one Paranormal series and all the characters get mixed up in our head... So having this guild helps put order in our head especially when there's a new ...more
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
J’avoue que le résumé donne envie de sourire, voir d’éclater de rire, mais ça nous met direct dans le bain, parce qu’une partie de l’ebook est vraiment comme ça, c’est Cronos qui prend les choses en main. Le fait que Gena Showalter laisse carte blanche à ses personnages est rafraîchissant et donne plus de plaisir à la lecture de ce guide.

-L’interview de Gena Showalter par Kresley Cole : on a déjà eu un aperçut de cet interview dans Les portes du destin disponible en français. La différence c’est
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

I, Cronus, King of the Titans, powerful warrior god, defender of the people, hereby command you to read and enjoy this Lords of the Underwold guide. I am not mentioned nearly enough, but that is neither here nor there. What you will find in this guide includes: notes from those vile fools, the Hunters; interviews with the Lords of the Underworld, as organized by that irreverent whelp William the Ever Randy; a candid discussion about the Lords of the Underworld among their women; answers
Christa
If you love the Lords of the Underworld series, then you will love this companion guide. If you haven't read the series, then this companion won't really be of any interest to you. It contains inside information on the information gathered by the Hunters, the nemesis group slash completely insane group out to kill the Lords, a cute interview with Gena Showalter and Kresley Cole, another section of interviews with the character William and the rest of the Lords and a sneak peek into the next book ...more
Natalia
Apr 29, 2011 Natalia rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Lovers of LOTU
So this isn't really a novel or anything but it was sooo funny!!!

Anyway, it has facts about the Lords from Dean Stefano--I love the Achilles Heel sub-heading. Since they were all like "_________ seems to have particular attachment to the female ________ " Though this only goes up to the time just after Sabin and Gwen. Aeron feels this 'weird' presence though has no idea what it is.

My favourite part had to be Williams interview with all the Lords, I was literally laughing the whole way through, e
Iceice Fweeflee
Omygosh! This the very reason why I fell head over heals with William the ever Randy! His wittiness, and sexyness, and hotness, and did I ever said his sexyness? My Gosh, can't wait for his own story... But I think I'm not yet ready for him to get his own love. Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! XD
Cindylisse
Super divertidisima como reí sobretodo con la entrevista que hizo William a los Señores... ok quede en el aire con el ultimo en salir de la caja como es que era Madoxx, el Rey Madoxx nada menos y embrujado por una ladrona en que queda eso...
Monisha
I really want to love this. I really do. But it's just... Kind of bleh. The writing in this is miserable and the attempted humor in wasn't pulled off and all the characters sound the exact same and as exciting as it was having this little guide, it only showed me that each book has the same character types, the same narrative phrases, and the same pacing.
Kayla Carson
Not a necessary read. It's basically a dictionary. Gives a list of all the names of all the characters with a brief description. Places, things etc.
Barbara ★
It is best to read this before reading book 5 The Darkest Passion as it pertains to the first four books. I liked the interviews performed by William - very amusing. I really liked Pandora's Awakening, Lord of the Underworlds real beginning. I liked this version though I didn't like the heroine's name - Farrah just doesn't conjure up a kick-ass female. I definitely must read for all LOTU fans.
Kathrynn
Jun 07, 2010 Kathrynn marked it as goodreads-shelf-only
I'm so sorry, but the title to this book was originally entered as "The Darkest Secret (LOTU, #7)." But, the ISBN shows it to be "The Darkest Facts" (a companion book to LOTU).

I changed the title, but a lot of people had already added this thinking it was #7.

I just added #7 to GRs, though there is no ISBN out on it, yet.

Wanted to let people know when they suddenly see "The Darkest Facts" on their shelves, this is why.
Alusha
That was entertaining...
Sjoukje
Really liked it - Its a nice inside view of the Lords and their women and it is very entertaining and quick to read.

The part with the Interviews with William was hilarious, as was the girls gettogether with Gilly and their chat.

The short shory aka the first original chapters of Maddoxs story is really good - you would never say it was the same story!

Very interesting! If you love the Lords of the Underworld saga, this is definitely recomended :)
Natalie
To be read AFTER reading book 4 but before book 5 of the series. I always thought that William was funny but after this I can't wait for Gilly to grow up so that we can read their story! And Cronus, well who'd have thought that he'd be such a dry wit. This series is shaping up to be every bit as entertaining as Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series or Kresley Cole's Immortals After Dark series. This is a fun treat for the dedicated LotU reader!
Arissa
Twenty(ish) Questions with Kresley Cole: That was soooooooooo fun.

I have to admit Dean Stefano's notes about the Lords made me laugh, especially the note about Strider.

William interviewing the Lords was HILARIOUS, I hurt from laugh. His interview with Gideon MY GOD I start laugh even before I see the questions, I could only imagine how Gideon was going to answer.
My favorite interviews was with Paris, Aeron, Strider and obviously Gideon.

Jade
This is a fun book, but not informative enough. I know the gushing and the cheesiness is supposed to be cute, but despite having a few chuckles here and there I found it irritating. Things like Reyes carving hearts into his skin and knitting baby socks for his friends' future baby was way too over the top for me. It's a super cheap ebook, though, and Gena Showalter is endearing so I wouldn't say I regret having read this.
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
This is a fun short companion to the Lords of the Underworld Series by Gena Showalter. It does contain spoilers if you have not read the first 4 books. This falls just before the Darkest Passion (Aeron's book). There is a great section that describes all the Lords, a hilarious interview section by William (character from the series), also some interesting tid-bits from the author. I highly recommend to all Lord fans.
Dawn (Kat N Hat)
I think I've read parts of this before some of it was familiar, but not all of it. It was a quick fun read fell in love with William a bit more, while it is from further behind in the series tan I am currently now it has me amped up for The Darkest Craving due out this year!
~~~Heather S.~~~
If I'm comparing this to the BDB Insider's Guide, it pales greatly. However, I did enjoy the interviews- Kresley Cole interviewing Gena Showalter, William interviewing the Lords (he cracks me up), and Gilly interviewing the women and trying to get details about their sex lives then realizing she didn't want to know, TMI! But this seems like author website material to me.
Catherine
It's similar to The Black Dagger Brotherhood: An Insider's Guide, only not as good. Showalter was aiming for funny, but I found a lot of it a bit silly and immature. It wasn't awful but I'm glad I didn't pay money for this.
Sarabeth
What a fun book! I am so glad that this was included in the series amongst the Novellas, however, there were some spoilers in there for me since I didn't finish reading books 4 and 5. Oh well, it was all good and I so wish I could hang out with William. What a trouble maker he is! And a sexy one at that ;) @genashowalter
Nandina
This is another LOTU extras. Contains behind the scenes, at home with LOTU, women of LOTU speaks, sneak peek of The Darkest Passion, etc. If you are a big fan of LOTU series, you gotta love this.. This was so hilarious!
♥ Sarah ♥
I read this bonus material in the anthology: Into the Dark. See my review for it here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Rosi
Oh William

A great companion to the LOTU series. I strongly recommend this if you are a fan. If you are borderline, then The Ever Randy will sway you his way.
Alexandra Krentz
I thought that it was very funny. William made it good and obviously there was some Gilliam love in there which I loved. It didn't have everything updated because she has come out with more books since she has put this one out. But all in all a very fun read.
Lucy *Qhuay's shellan*
Jul 26, 2013 Lucy *Qhuay's shellan* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lords of the Underworld series fans

This was fun! I loved to find out new things about the guys and girls I came to love.

Who would say William was Gena's favourite? And who would say Paris is the favourite of most readers? I thought it was Torin.

Oh, well, they're still hot. xD
Morgan
A companion to the Lords of the Underworld series. Several entertaining interviews: one conducted with the author and two conducted by characters of the other characters. I had grabbed it on the Kindle out of curiosity. :)
Gena Showalter Fans: The Darkest Facts (#4.75) 2 23 Jul 23, 2012 11:53AM
Wrong Title / Title Change 1 11 Jun 07, 2010 05:28PM
  • Darkness Divine
  • Overkill: Snippets of Demonica Life (Demonica, #5.7)
  • The Bodyguard (Includes: T-FLAC, #14.5)
  • Terry Spear’s Wolf Bundle (Heart of the Wolf, #1-3)
  • Deep Kiss Of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #4.5)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Entwined (Eternal Guardians, #2)
  • Shelly Laurenston Bundle: Big Bad Beast, the Mane Event, the Beast in Him
  • Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-.6)
  • Ecstasy Untamed (Feral Warriors, #6)
  • Look Sharp (Hidden Talents, #3)
  • Healer's Choice (Ghostland World, #3)
  • The Dragon Legion Collection (Dragonfire, #9)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...
The Darkest Night (Lords of the Underworld, #1) The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld, #2) The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3) The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5)