Start by marking “Skipping Stones” as Want to Read:
Skipping Stones

Skipping Stones

3.53 of 5 stars 3.53  ·  rating details  ·  79 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Leo wants nothing more than to leave Paris, the City Of Love, to escape the memories of a disastrous affair. The artist is soured on love and down on his luck, and he doesn’t even have the money for a plane ticket.

Leo knew his best friend Mark understood heartbreak. When he phones Mark with his sad story, the man offers Leo the money to return to the U.S. and asks him to
Published May 2nd 2010 by Amber Allure

To ask other readers questions about Skipping Stones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skipping Stones

Lily
This story held my attention throughout and the relationships between the men, whether as friends or lovers, are well written and interesting. The plot is simple without being too predictable and I liked the development of the characters as they overcame their past mistakes and look forward to a happy loving future. While there are a lot of emotional ups and downs in this book it does have a sweet HEA ending and I am happy that I read it.

Complete review posted at Rainbow Reviews.
Serena Yates
I loved this book. It touched me deeply and was so full of mystery and surprises that at times I felt like I was the stone being skipped across the water. Amazing.

It's really hard to write a review for this book without spoiling the surprise effect and marvelous twists. I liked the fact that I got to see all three men's point of view (that was one of the first surprises for me, by the way). While Leo is the main character and his voice is dominant, I got to see enough of Mark to see where he wa
Firenz
I really liked this one, but like most it had a few problems. Our MC falling apart after the break-up, I get getting upset but you don't ruin the rest of your life. I know Felix and Jacques were barely in this novel but I hate them, what they have is not love.

But my main problem is Mark, I have never met a more manipulative and sniveling character yet. The worst part is that the author tried to redeem him. I was rooting that he didn't get his HEA. (view spoiler)
Elisa Rolle
This is an example of gay “modern” romance; it’s for sure a romance, it’s about love and expectation, but it’s also modern since there is no the concept of sex indissolubly linked to love. Sex is something physical, for sure it’s also about love, but sex can be also comfort, sex can be lust and obsession.

Leo is a young American artist living in Paris; until he was in love with Pierre, an handsome French businessman, Paris was a wonderful city, full of possibilities, odours and colours. Now that
Chris
I started out liking this book about a young artist who retreats from Paris after the end of an affair and seeks shelter with his best friend, who's part owner of a gay friendly resort in Florida. Alas, by the end of the book, I wanted to slap the three main characters.
Leaundra
Wow just wow!! I loved this book.
Ami
Leo is a young artist with a broken heart, after finding out that his lover is actually a married man. Accepting an invitation from his friend, Mark, Leo flies to Florida to a gay-friendly resort that he co-owns with a former lover. While never meeting Reed, the former lover, Leo thinks he knows the man from all the letters Mark has written him -- and he cannot help to resent the man who has walked all over his best friend's heart. Until he meets Reed, and finds out that there is a story that Ma ...more
Matimate
Never ever again. I managed to get to page 89 and then it was simply to much. This book was utter horror of bad romance. Frankly said moron number one (Leo) was an artist and utter hysterical whiny shit who fucked around with married man and after prolonged affair he discovered that his wealthy friend had second life wife include...what did he do? Stopped to work and did nothing at all, when money were over he went back to States to meet moron number 2 (Mark) who fucked with man who was dashing ...more
Ryan Loveless
Couldn't get into it, perhaps because I wanted Leo to be more assertive and make things happen instead of having things happen to him and then having to deal with them. In any case, I couldn't connect to him. Loved Reed though and I'd like to see him in another story.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I really ended up loving this in the end but it seriously pissed me off when the author got his facts about where this was located wrong. Nothing annoys me more than reading about my hometown and it being wrong. Even if it's in 'fiction'.
Meggie
I really enjoyed this book. Lately the books of D.J Manly didn't satisfy me as much as they knew to. But with this one
Manly really wrote awesome book.

I recommed it, ^^ totally Woahh
Gail
This was a rather difficult read for me because of Leo's immaturity. I always prefer a protagonist I can count on not to be an idiot, and Leo didn't meet that standard.
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
Apr 26, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2014
Debbie
Debbie added it
Feb 09, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2014
Len
Len marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Hpstrangelove
Hpstrangelove marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2014
Tamslyn
Tamslyn marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...
Melting Ice 1 (Melting Ice, #1) My Father's Lover Marry Me Or Die The Other Man The Pro