Start by marking “The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success” as Want to Read:
The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success

The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  482 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
The bestselling bible for social media is now completely revised and updated! The Social Media Bible, Second Edition (www.TSMB2.com) is the most comprehensive resource that transforms the way corporate, small business, and non-profit companies use social media to reach their desired audiences with power messages and efficiency. In this Second Edition, each of the three par ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Wiley (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Social Media Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Social Media Bible

Blog on Books
May 14, 2010 Blog on Books rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Want to develop a social networking strategy but need the tools to accomplish the job? Sure you have a Facebook page and maybe even a Twitter handle, but where do you go from there? Well Lon Safko and David Brake (with the help of numerous, well known and not so well known social media players) have devised an ‘everything you need to know about social media in a box’ book.

Unlike a lot of the new social media books out there, the SM Bible is the best completist’s volume that not only explains con
Gabriela
Jul 19, 2012 Gabriela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great insights into using social media for marketing and customer engagement

The Social Media Bible by Lon Safko and David Brake is a well-researched handbook on social media and how businesses can use this form of media to engage with customers, find prospects, connect with employees and market their products. Through a step by step approach, the book takes you through the tools and strategies that can be applied to secure social media success in business.

First, this comprehensive book manages t
Hazel
Mar 11, 2011 Hazel added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to use social media
The book The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko and David K. Brake is a comprehensive resource of all types of social media. I purchased this book a while ago because it got excellent reviews on Amazon, and never really had a chance to read it. I thought that it would be perfect for the Goodreads assignment for my Emerging Internet Technologies class. The version that I have is the first edition published in 2009. There is a second edition now out ...more
E
Aug 11, 2009 E rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Comprehensive guidebook to online social media

Do you tweet or troll? Lurk or plurk? Do you have Facebook friends or a LinkedIn list? Are you a virtual world resident with a beguiling or scary avatar? What is your favorite aggregator or rich site summary (RSS) service? Are you happy with your Yelp rating? Do you have a Meebo login? You know Google, but do you know Redlasso or IceRocket? What is your favorite wiki beyond Wikipedia? Like it or not, it is increasingly difficult to function in today’
David Gotham
Aug 25, 2014 David Gotham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a good book, particularly in the beginning where the author discusses the different mediums of social media. I found this portion very insightful as the author gives useful tidbits on how to effectively use each one.

I didn't get too much benefit from part II. It seems like that part is still a work-in-progress, but I'd still highly recommend the book.
Adriana
Feb 24, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in learning the ins and outs of social media.
Recommended to Adriana by: I dread when people add people on social media sites, just to get numbers. So tel me, why is it you want to add me?
Exellent book with great detail. It's a university in and of itself. Full of information on how to apply social media and what it is all about. The book is incredibly think and incredibly informative.
Lisa Kosak
Jan 18, 2015 Lisa Kosak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some great tips and advice. A lot of info via QR Codes and a wealth of business examples and thought leader advice. A great source to improve your social media skills.
Erica
Jan 03, 2015 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For anyone that has any interest learning more about social media, this book is for you! The authors write in a very informative but humorous way.
James Harward
It is a simple way to familiarize yourself with what is out there in the world of social media.
Paul Signorelli
The Social Media Bible is an amazing resource and good introduction to myriad social networking tools. Although the extensive interviews which are included throughout the book could have used much better editing to make them more readable, the descriptions of the social networking tools themselves are well organized and very helpful. The writers' efforts to place the information into a marketing context makes the book very useful to anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of Web 2.0 ...more
Marc
Jul 13, 2012 Marc rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: social-media
What I like most about this book is its "girth". I am not kidding! When people ask me how much there is to know about Social Media, I pull out the book and tell them, "this much." As for the contents, the book breaks Social Media down to its many components and discusses each one of them in great detail. Lon Safka even goes as far as to discuss "gaming" within a Social Media framework. Lots of great discussion and helpful tips. This is one book anyone interested in Social Media must have in his/ ...more
Tatiana Jimenez
Oct 22, 2009 Tatiana Jimenez rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
I really liked this book and plan to use it as a resource when beginning new social media campaigns, or to become inspired.

I pretty much skimmed through Part 2 of this monster of a book titled "Tools" because it basically reiterates Part 1, but it just breaks down the social media tools even more... almost to an idiot level. Sorry. I don't mean to offend, but I'm sure that section of the book is helpful to many social media newbies.
Policythinkshop Blogger
"If you thought that social media was for the "next generation" and that you don't have the time... Think again. This is a wonderful resource book and tour de force that is as timely as it is useful. Includes a user friendly support website, lots of examples for self assessment, staff assessment and organizational development on the social media universe. Take the self assessment and you'll find you may know more than you think."
Raden Bima Drian
Buku tesis gw yang gw temukan seperti harta karun di kinokuniya.

strategi dan taktik cuman sedikit tapi pengembangan sosial media saat ini benar2 di kupas mendalam oleh buku ini. sepertinya buku ini akan selalu di revisi tiap beberapa tahun mengingat sudah banyak sosial media dalam buku ini yang udah "selesai".

rekomen banget buat kerja dan kuliah tentang PR.
Sebastian Giano
Dec 10, 2009 Sebastian Giano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book expands your knowledge base of social media to the maximum. What a great social media book of knowledge. It breaks down the social web into micro sections and then analyzes each one precisely telling you how to best use the information to empower your brand and marketing objectives. A must read for any marketing professionals.
Prabowo Shakti
Nov 12, 2011 Prabowo Shakti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Facebook and Twitter have been a round for "social media" mogul. Marketers all around the world try to use social media for their purposes. That is "how to sell" via social media. This book explores from A to Z on how to use social media like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter as a tool for marketing.
Vastine
Sep 06, 2011 Vastine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is a losing game to keep up with social media in books since it changes so fast. The editors do a good job of updating but major changes really happen mothly. I would use this as an introductory primer and them augment your learning on the web. But it is a good place to start.
Nikolay Todorov
The book is good. It offers a full and wide view over the social media industry, the channels, the tools. It is very good for those who are just starting in this area although I will not recommend it to the more advanced audience. Bottom line it is a good read.
Jon Spitz
Just starting this one on my iPad, it's large but I hope to learn a few things from it. Very interactive on the iPad, which is awesome.
Nathan
Jan 11, 2011 Nathan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book, just so much stuff, I felt like I went from zero to hero in terms of knowledge about social media with this book.
Mary
Mar 20, 2011 Mary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need to own this book for work. Did not read entire book. Skimmed for content and attitude.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on social media for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
Catherine
I won this autographed book from the author after he spoke at a City of Gilbert Conference!
Drew
The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko (2009)
Emily
Feb 03, 2010 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business-books
This is another really helpful resource about tools, trends, and strategies in social media.
Rob
Nov 25, 2014 Rob rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, web
junk content of the kind that you could find on the first page of any google search
Patrick
Excellent resource for learning more than you could ever imagine about Social Media.
Morgan
Jul 26, 2011 Morgan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This us a lot of book to just sit down and read. I suggest perusing as needed.
Ewan Henderson
Feb 27, 2013 Ewan Henderson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, lots to take in, skimmed some sections, a back and forth book.
Michelle Manire
Dec 27, 2012 Michelle Manire rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book if you know nothing about social media and need to get started.
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online
  • The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
  • Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business
  • Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.
  • The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Social Change
  • The Social Media Marketing Book
  • The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff: Tap Online Social Networks to Build ... Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff
  • Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks)
  • Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time
  • The New Relationship Marketing: How to Build a Large, Loyal, Profitable Network Using the Social Web
  • The Whuffie Factor: The 5 Keys for Maxing Social Capital and Winning with Online Communities
  • World According to Twitter