Start by marking “The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success” as Want to Read:
The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success

The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  343 ratings  ·  30 reviews
The bestselling bible for social media is now completely revised and updated! The Social Media Bible, Second Edition (www.TSMB2.com) is the most comprehensive resource that transforms the way corporate, small business, and non-profit companies use social media to reach their desired audiences with power messages and efficiency. In this Second Edition, each of the three par...more
Published September 28th 2010 by John Wiley & Sons (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Social Media Bible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Social Media Bible

Gabriela
Great insights into using social media for marketing and customer engagement

The Social Media Bible by Lon Safko and David Brake is a well-researched handbook on social media and how businesses can use this form of media to engage with customers, find prospects, connect with employees and market their products. Through a step by step approach, the book takes you through the tools and strategies that can be applied to secure social media success in business.

First, this comprehensive book manages t...more
Blog on Books
Want to develop a social networking strategy but need the tools to accomplish the job? Sure you have a Facebook page and maybe even a Twitter handle, but where do you go from there? Well Lon Safko and David Brake (with the help of numerous, well known and not so well known social media players) have devised an ‘everything you need to know about social media in a box’ book.

Unlike a lot of the new social media books out there, the SM Bible is the best completist’s volume that not only explains con...more
Hazel
Mar 11, 2011 Hazel added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking to use social media
The book The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko and David K. Brake is a comprehensive resource of all types of social media. I purchased this book a while ago because it got excellent reviews on Amazon, and never really had a chance to read it. I thought that it would be perfect for the Goodreads assignment for my Emerging Internet Technologies class. The version that I have is the first edition published in 2009. There is a second edition now out...more
getAbstract
Comprehensive guidebook to online social media

Do you tweet or troll? Lurk or plurk? Do you have Facebook friends or a LinkedIn list? Are you a virtual world resident with a beguiling or scary avatar? What is your favorite aggregator or rich site summary (RSS) service? Are you happy with your Yelp rating? Do you have a Meebo login? You know Google, but do you know Redlasso or IceRocket? What is your favorite wiki beyond Wikipedia? Like it or not, it is increasingly difficult to function in today’...more
David Gotham
It's a good book, particularly in the beginning where the author discusses the different mediums of social media. I found this portion very insightful as the author gives useful tidbits on how to effectively use each one.

I didn't get too much benefit from part II. It seems like that part is still a work-in-progress, but I'd still highly recommend the book.
James Harward
It is a simple way to familiarize yourself with what is out there in the world of social media.
Paul Signorelli
The Social Media Bible is an amazing resource and good introduction to myriad social networking tools. Although the extensive interviews which are included throughout the book could have used much better editing to make them more readable, the descriptions of the social networking tools themselves are well organized and very helpful. The writers' efforts to place the information into a marketing context makes the book very useful to anyone interested in gaining a better understanding of Web 2.0...more
Marc
What I like most about this book is its "girth". I am not kidding! When people ask me how much there is to know about Social Media, I pull out the book and tell them, "this much." As for the contents, the book breaks Social Media down to its many components and discusses each one of them in great detail. Lon Safka even goes as far as to discuss "gaming" within a Social Media framework. Lots of great discussion and helpful tips. This is one book anyone interested in Social Media must have in his/...more
Tatiana Jimenez
I really liked this book and plan to use it as a resource when beginning new social media campaigns, or to become inspired.

I pretty much skimmed through Part 2 of this monster of a book titled "Tools" because it basically reiterates Part 1, but it just breaks down the social media tools even more... almost to an idiot level. Sorry. I don't mean to offend, but I'm sure that section of the book is helpful to many social media newbies.
Policythinkshop Blogger
"If you thought that social media was for the "next generation" and that you don't have the time... Think again. This is a wonderful resource book and tour de force that is as timely as it is useful. Includes a user friendly support website, lots of examples for self assessment, staff assessment and organizational development on the social media universe. Take the self assessment and you'll find you may know more than you think."
Raden Bima Drian
Buku tesis gw yang gw temukan seperti harta karun di kinokuniya.

strategi dan taktik cuman sedikit tapi pengembangan sosial media saat ini benar2 di kupas mendalam oleh buku ini. sepertinya buku ini akan selalu di revisi tiap beberapa tahun mengingat sudah banyak sosial media dalam buku ini yang udah "selesai".

rekomen banget buat kerja dan kuliah tentang PR.
Sebastian Giano
This book expands your knowledge base of social media to the maximum. What a great social media book of knowledge. It breaks down the social web into micro sections and then analyzes each one precisely telling you how to best use the information to empower your brand and marketing objectives. A must read for any marketing professionals.
Rob
Good information here for people who've never used social media. For the rest of us, it's mostly just filler and marketing pap. If you didn't guess by now, I thought it was terrible but it was required reading for my course. Fortunately, I bought a kindle version so I don't have to look at it.
Prabowo Shakti
Facebook and Twitter have been a round for "social media" mogul. Marketers all around the world try to use social media for their purposes. That is "how to sell" via social media. This book explores from A to Z on how to use social media like Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter as a tool for marketing.
Vastine Stabler
It is a losing game to keep up with social media in books since it changes so fast. The editors do a good job of updating but major changes really happen mothly. I would use this as an introductory primer and them augment your learning on the web. But it is a good place to start.
Nikolay Todorov
The book is good. It offers a full and wide view over the social media industry, the channels, the tools. It is very good for those who are just starting in this area although I will not recommend it to the more advanced audience. Bottom line it is a good read.
Jon Spitz
Just starting this one on my iPad, it's large but I hope to learn a few things from it. Very interactive on the iPad, which is awesome.
Nathan
Great book, just so much stuff, I felt like I went from zero to hero in terms of knowledge about social media with this book.
Mary
I need to own this book for work. Did not read entire book. Skimmed for content and attitude.
Lori Grant
A must-read book on social media for the knowledge worker, manager, executive, or entrepreneur.
Catherine
I won this autographed book from the author after he spoke at a City of Gilbert Conference!
Drew
The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko (2009)
Emily
This is another really helpful resource about tools, trends, and strategies in social media.
Patrick
Excellent resource for learning more than you could ever imagine about Social Media.
Morgan
This us a lot of book to just sit down and read. I suggest perusing as needed.
Ewan Henderson
Great read, lots to take in, skimmed some sections, a back and forth book.
Michelle Manire
Great book if you know nothing about social media and need to get started.
Katrina Miller
It's ok for beginners, but there are a LOT easier to use reference books.
Pam Perry
It as big as a real Bible - but worth sit down to really study it.
An
Pretty useful and practical!!!
  • The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Engage: The Complete Guide for Brands and Businesses to Build, Cultivate, and Measure Success in the New Web
  • The Zen of Social Media Marketing: An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue
  • Social Media 101: Tactics and Tips to Develop Your Business Online
  • Socialnomics: How Social Media Transforms the Way We Live and Do Business
  • Six Pixels of Separation: Everyone Is Connected. Connect Your Business to Everyone.
  • The Wikipedia Revolution: How a Bunch of Nobodies Created the World's Greatest Encyclopedia
  • The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, and Powerful Ways to Use Social Media to Drive Social Change
  • The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Build Better Products, Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff: Tap Online Social Networks to Build ... Reach More People, and Sell More Stuff
  • Likeable Social Media: How to Delight Your Customers, Create an Irresistible Brand, and Be Generally Amazing on Facebook (and Other Social Networks)
  • Inbound Marketing: Get Found Using Google, Social Media, and Blogs
  • Twitter Power: How to Dominate Your Market One Tweet at a Time
  • Who Controls the Internet?: Illusions of a Borderless World
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, & Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six Figure Income
  • Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, eBooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business
  • Social Media ROI: Managing and Measuring Social Media Efforts in Your Organization (Que Biz-Tech)
The Fusion Marketing Bible: Fuse Traditional Media, Social Media, & Digital Media to Maximize Marketing Beyond Social Media: How to Combine Traditional Media, Social Media, and Digital Media Efforts to Achieve Marketing Success Safko's, Brake's The Social Media Bible (The Social Media Bible: Tactics, Tools, and Strategies for Business Success by Lon Safko and David K. Brake (Paperback - May 4, 2009)) Social Media Bible, The Life is but a Dream: Is Yours the Only Real Reality?