Better Birth: The Ultimate Guide to Childbirth from Home Births to Hospitals

Better Birth: The Ultimate Guide to Childbirth from Home Births to Hospitals

2.73 of 5 stars 2.73  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  6 reviews
"It is the mind-body connection that will allow parents to fully experience and appreciate the emotional, physical, and spiritual beauty of childbirth. Better Birth will help guide parents through this journey of creation and destination to birth."
?Donna Karan

Pregnancy should be a time of joy and celebration. But if you're not emotionally, physically, intellectually, and s...more
Published March 27th 2009 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Better Birth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Better Birth

Lisa
(Non-Fiction Childbirth) At first, I thought the author was a little too crunchy for me. But I loved her book! I spent many hours taking notes on the wonderful visualizations and relaxing techniques to try. I really appreciated the chapters on preparing for labor by spending time each day relaxing and practicing the visualizations. I also enjoyed the chapters discussing the adjustment period post-birth. Spatafora certainly empowered me with her positive techniques and focus on taking care of mys...more
Dayna
I made mental notes of enough of what she wrote to "like" this book, but I didn't love it. I felt very much like Spatafora was trying to sell her birth class, and the book is about her birth philosophy, so that's not too surprising and maybe not out of place, but it seemed awkward at points. Overall, it's about being educated and well and in a peaceful, confident mental place. But I can see this being too "out there" for a lot of people.
Kristen
This had some good information but could be consolidated a lot. It was very repetitive.
Crystal
Jul 13, 2009 Crystal marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I started this, it just seemed like a huge plug for the author's birth program. Maybe I'll read it later, but I think I've narrowed it down to a list of 5-6 books that are great for preparing for natural birth and am nearing the end of my research!
Andie
Seems a little too new age. I'll keep an open mind.
This book was way too crunchy, even for me.
Anna Laffoon
Anna Laffoon is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Lauren Rottler
Lauren Rottler is currently reading it
Apr 04, 2014
Amie
Amie added it
Feb 12, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2013
Emmalg
Emmalg added it
Aug 19, 2012
Liss Capello
Liss Capello marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2011
Kayana
Kayana marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2010
Patina
Patina marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2010