Start by marking “Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant” as Want to Read:
Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

3.64  ·  Rating Details ·  1,014 Ratings  ·  40 Reviews
Plain and prim Emma Stephenson might not look like a tycoon's assistant, but for Luca D'Amato--a playboy who likes to play-- breaking through her no-nonsense exterior is his favorite new game!Sensible Emma thought all they'd be sharing was an office--not a "bed!" But she's learning fast about what being Luca's "personal" assistant really means!

Now he's standing there offer
Published October 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

Naima
Nov 20, 2010 Naima rated it liked it
Shelves: alpha-grizzly-h
Hero finds himself faced with a conundrum. He is attracted to Emma, his personal assistant, but he realizes that it could complicate his work environment by seducing her. So what does he do? He seduces her anyway.

Sadly, Luc is a creep. He grew up in a dysfunctional, traumatic household and is conscious that this has emotionally delayed him and impacted how he conducts his affairs with women. I understand that his childhood was pretty rotten but I don't think it excuses his general sleazy attitu
Penny Watson
Jul 17, 2012 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was in the mood for a Harly, so I gave this one a go. They just don't make innocent virgin secretaries like they used to. Secretary manages to have a night of earth-shattering sex after a lifetime of celibacy, hero manages to be a dickwad until practically the last page of the book, and a baby manages to appear in spite of responsible birth control measures. Harly Power!

Grade: B
Hanife
My first official translation ! !
Emona
Mar 17, 2016 Emona rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Loved the story;
Luca is attracted to Emma from the begining - but knows he must never mix business with pleasure.
He falls in love with her after a few weeks, but is afraid to admit his feelings -
but one can understand why he does - his past is scarred by an abusive family
(his father used to abuse his mother and sister; grandfather killed grandmother; uncle killed aunt);
and this scared him to death, because he did not want to hurt Emma in any way.
except that his father really wasn't his father
Lynsey A
Normally I enjoy Carol Marinelli's books but this one didn't really do much for me. One, I didn't really care for the hero. Sure he had his issues but as someone in another review stated so well, he was just a creep. The heroine also was silly. She went in completely aware that their relationship was not permanent and then got upset when Luca asked her to leave, so to speak.

There wasn't the drama I love in HP's in this one. Well, perhaps there is a bit but since I don't really care for the chara
Jenny
Mar 31, 2016 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: heroine-i-adore
Very emotional book for me. Reading about a hero who is a survivor of abuse touched me deeply. Yes he was cruel to the heroine but he had deep scars and I loved how he dealt with them. Counseling can help and I'm glad author showed that. Heroine was funny, loving and compassionate, a gem!
Tia
Aug 18, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it
Heroine went to work for hero, hero started developing feelings for heroine even though he was a playboy, they slept together numerous times and she fell in love with the hero in turn. She got pregnant, never told him, he screwed up the relationship on untrue fact, assuming he would be an abuser like his father, only his father wasn't his father. Begged for her back, explained everything and ta da, happily ever after.
Cherise
Nov 10, 2013 Cherise rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin, oh-baby
Vintage
Worst title ever. This book deserved a much better title, you know like a real novel. With so many Greek/Italian/Sicilian/Tycoons/Billionaires/Mistresses/Virgins/Pregnancy/Revenge/Contracts they all blend together. Bring back the old school titles like Sweet Harvest, Bitter Enchantment, Run for Your Love (love that one), Child of Judas. Of course, along with a great title you often had to put up with heroes that did not just verbally abuse women as so many Harlequin heroes do, but are physically ...more
Meg Kinch
Apr 11, 2011 Meg Kinch rated it it was amazing
This book was really great. I liked it a lot. It had a lot of emotion in it, more than most HP books. It is usually the heroine swooning over the hero and pining and all that, but this one was more progressive in that and yeah the hero said some cruel things and there were issues of course, what good HP book doesn't have issues?, but there was actually feeling in this book. And I enjoyed it greatly... I laughed, I cried, I got angry, all the feely good emotions of what is supposed to be a really ...more
Erin
Short and Sweet!
I really enjoyed this!
I loved the characters and how much depth there was to them. Emma,The Heroine, in particular I really liked and felt as if she was someone I knew--she handled situations like i would have. I personally think she picked the right desions most of the time, but I don't think I would have forgiven Luca that easily.No matter how hot he is. But knowing the extent of what he had to go through as a child-watching his mother be beaten by his father, again and again,
Steamywindows♥♫
Very nice quick read. I liked the heroine, who didn't give a victim response to our hero's clear Jerk behaviour. The rationale for this behaviour was a little muddy with the hero misunderstanding some things and not knowing about other elements of his background. He thought he was doomed to follow in his father's footsteps.
Kaycee ❤️
2.5 Stars!

I had so much hope for this book. Yes, I loved the banter and witty/snarky banters between the characters but I was actually expecting more. So this book didn't really stay with me but it was enjoyable nonetheless. I did, for the record like the first few chapters.
Alishba Asif
Jul 26, 2016 Alishba Asif rated it it was ok
This was a typical romance story with all the ticks.
-Brooding, super hot, gamer hero ✔
-Funky middle class girl who doesn't care about money and is the most innocent soul ✔
-Sexual tension and inappropriate public and official behaviour ✔
-A stupid justified excuse to spend a night together ✔
-Hero has commitment issues ✔ (but no wait let's exaggerate on those issues. It's not enough to just not feeling like settling down. No no no. One must have a secret mysterious past. And guess what father beat
Chris
Aug 01, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the banter between Emma and Luca. They're both really witty, smart people who take their jobs seriously. Although Luca loves to tease Emma, she maintains a professional distance between them because she likes her job and she is uninterested in becoming another one of Luca's flings. Luca respects Emma for her professionalism and he figures out pretty quickly that Emma is gonna stick around, unlike his other PAs who have left because their affair with Luca ended or because of their ...more
Faye
Another book from Booksale and still I wonder why I always buy books that I can easily predict that there is a sure happy ending on the story. Well, I guess that's what boredom, a week with no laptop or even desktop, no access to internet can do to you (makes you so pathetic that you're willing to read a gushy love story to tend to your very bored mind). *laughs*

So, most of the book that I bought from this publishing company is because I always love a book with a strong heroine, a heroine who do
E. Hughes
May 19, 2012 E. Hughes rated it liked it
This author has great style, and skill and it shows very clearly in this romance novel. I do think the heroine's love interest leaves much to be desired in that he was completely revolting with few redeeming qualities. So I'm wondering if characterization is the weakest aspect of the story. I did enjoy it, simply because the hero's behavior was so appalling. It's written in the style of classic Harlequin romance where the male love interest is just barely, a tolerable human being. To the author' ...more
Rebecca
Jun 18, 2015 Rebecca rated it really liked it
8.4/10

Once again, I am truck by how much I enjoyed a third person novel. I just read another but I forget what it was called but I was also surprised at my liking for that one too. This hit me straight in the heart. Some painful things in this book happened and I could feel the shallowness and stabbing within as I waited for it to come, and then to empathize with the characters pain just got me. When I can feel emotionally attached to the person you know it's a good book.

This book was amazing a
kholiette
Nov 30, 2015 kholiette rated it it was amazing
I found my new favorite romance author.

This book had all the ingredients that made it a memorable romance. I have a problem with HP heroines, they are usually one dimensional and mostly stupid, but this one was amazing. She had character, integrity and she was actually likeable.
The hero was also not the typical Alpha (don't get me wrong I love me some Alphas) but this one was actually likeable, funny and a bit silly at points.

I loved the combo of Hero /Heroine and their story was actually very
Lenore Kosinski
Apr 30, 2012 Lenore Kosinski rated it liked it
Shelves: harlequin
OK, I normally love Carol Marinelli...and there was something about Emma that was just fabulous. She has this not perfect and not glamourousness about her that I love (yeah, I'm ok with that personality, it fits with mine). But Luca kind of went too far to be redeemable. I know he had his reasons and fears, but I had a hard time forgiving him like Emma did. Hence the lower star wattage from me. Won't stop me from reading marinelli books though...
Ceron
Mar 25, 2014 Ceron rated it it was amazing
There hasn't been one relationship that hasn't had their ups and downs, but they all seem worth it in the end when something magical happens and all the bad times fade and the good times rise up and surround us in joy. This book had my feelings going up and down, down especially for Luca making dumb ass decisions, but that overpowering joy filled me when I came to an ending that made me cry my eyes out and feel a deep connection to both Emma and Luca.
ʝαиє
Jan 31, 2016 ʝαиє rated it it was ok
ummm... a lot of feelings flow through me while reading this book. A lot for times I feel like slapping Emma and yell her to wake up! Lol... I just couldn't stand woman like her kept clinging onto Luca when he insulted her ttm. Oh yes, later in the book did explain his behaviors all that. But it doesn't help much. As what Emma did say, hurt doesn't only involve in fist. And I'm damn pissed off with how she forgave him so darn easily.
Venus84
Nov 25, 2015 Venus84 rated it really liked it
It was a good story with very misleading title and cover. Yes she got pregnant but in the last 25% of the book, she wasn't a stupid Little girl who surrended for him right away. And he wasn't a pathetic playboy without depth and their relationship wasn't a mouse and cat affair as it sounds when you read the cover.
Brianna
Apr 30, 2015 Brianna rated it it was amazing
I read this book a long time ago and it's a very special book to me. It was the first Harlequin book that I ever read. This book was the reason I became so invested with all the different types of Harlequin books. The story and the characters were fun and memorable to me. I would recomend this book to any new Harlequin romance readers.
Jimmy Smith
Nov 01, 2014 Jimmy Smith rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet romance

We see the darkness that intrudes in the lives of survivors of abuse. It can carry on for generations, but there is a need to break the cycle through counseling if at all possible. This book touched a nerve in me. I recommend it and it deserves 5 stars. Another good book by Carol Marinelli
Lea
Feb 08, 2016 Lea rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook
It's a nice baby-themed romance. I love it more because the narrator voice was amazing, pictured the characters perfectly. Love it even more because the heroine didn't fall head to heels to the hero easily, she had some dignity. Nice quick read.
Mar 22, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Luca is arrogant and can not be trusted with Emma's heart. With family issues on both sides, they struggle with their feeling and worrys for future. It's not until Luca gets a huge shock that he realises he's put his life on hold for no reason. Really good romance and HEA.
Kitty
Nov 16, 2014 Kitty rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
well this one was solid
the characters real
not over the top not drama queen wanabies uber alpha shit but still harlequin like Luca was super sexy and Emma was down to earth
i wish harlequin présents heroes were more like that
Tora
Feb 15, 2013 Tora rated it liked it
This book is so frustrating. The characters decide to do one thing then instantly change their minds all the time. The romance is quite sweet though, enough that I didn't give up due to the random Americanisms and POV jumps.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
What boss can refuse the one who claims to be immune? A well written book with loads more emotional depth than is typical.
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2; Greek Tycoons #7)
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • The Society Wife
  • Baby of Shame
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • The Price of Pleasure
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • His Wicked Promise (MacKay, #2)
  • The Italian's Revenge
  • The Bedroom Business
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • His Unknown Heir
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...