Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  577 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Plain and prim Emma Stephenson might not look like a tycoon's assistant, but for Luca D'Amato--a playboy who likes to play-- breaking through her no-nonsense exterior is his favorite new game!Sensible Emma thought all they'd be sharing was an office--not a "bed!" But she's learning fast about what being Luca's "personal" assistant really means!

Now he's standing there offer...more
Published October 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published December 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant

Hanife
My first official translation ! !
Naima
Hero finds himself faced with a conundrum. He is attracted to Emma, his personal assistant, but he realizes that it could complicate his work environment by seducing her. So what does he do? He seduces her anyway.

Sadly, Luc is a creep. He grew up in a dysfunctional, traumatic household and is conscious that this has emotionally delayed him and impacted how he conducts his affairs with women. I understand that his childhood was pretty rotten but I don't think it excuses his general sleazy attitu...more
Penny Watson
I was in the mood for a Harly, so I gave this one a go. They just don't make innocent virgin secretaries like they used to. Secretary manages to have a night of earth-shattering sex after a lifetime of celibacy, hero manages to be a dickwad until practically the last page of the book, and a baby manages to appear in spite of responsible birth control measures. Harly Power!

Grade: B
Lynsey A
Normally I enjoy Carol Marinelli's books but this one didn't really do much for me. One, I didn't really care for the hero. Sure he had his issues but as someone in another review stated so well, he was just a creep. The heroine also was silly. She went in completely aware that their relationship was not permanent and then got upset when Luca asked her to leave, so to speak.

There wasn't the drama I love in HP's in this one. Well, perhaps there is a bit but since I don't really care for the chara...more
Erin
Short and Sweet!
I really enjoyed this!
I loved the characters and how much depth there was to them. Emma,The Heroine, in particular I really liked and felt as if she was someone I knew--she handled situations like i would have. I personally think she picked the right desions most of the time, but I don't think I would have forgiven Luca that easily.No matter how hot he is. But knowing the extent of what he had to go through as a child-watching his mother be beaten by his father, again and again,...more
Steamywindows♥♫
Very nice quick read. I liked the heroine, who didn't give a victim response to our hero's clear Jerk behaviour. The rationale for this behaviour was a little muddy with the hero misunderstanding some things and not knowing about other elements of his background. He thought he was doomed to follow in his father's footsteps.
Chris
I really liked the banter between Emma and Luca. They're both really witty, smart people who take their jobs seriously. Although Luca loves to tease Emma, she maintains a professional distance between them because she likes her job and she is uninterested in becoming another one of Luca's flings. Luca respects Emma for her professionalism and he figures out pretty quickly that Emma is gonna stick around, unlike his other PAs who have left because their affair with Luca ended or because of their...more
Cherise
Ceron
There hasn't been one relationship that hasn't had their ups and downs, but they all seem worth it in the end when something magical happens and all the bad times fade and the good times rise up and surround us in joy. This book had my feelings going up and down, down especially for Luca making dumb ass decisions, but that overpowering joy filled me when I came to an ending that made me cry my eyes out and feel a deep connection to both Emma and Luca.
Meg Kinch
This book was really great. I liked it a lot. It had a lot of emotion in it, more than most HP books. It is usually the heroine swooning over the hero and pining and all that, but this one was more progressive in that and yeah the hero said some cruel things and there were issues of course, what good HP book doesn't have issues?, but there was actually feeling in this book. And I enjoyed it greatly... I laughed, I cried, I got angry, all the feely good emotions of what is supposed to be a really...more
Faye
Another book from Booksale and still I wonder why I always buy books that I can easily predict that there is a sure happy ending on the story. Well, I guess that's what boredom, a week with no laptop or even desktop, no access to internet can do to you (makes you so pathetic that you're willing to read a gushy love story to tend to your very bored mind). *laughs*

So, most of the book that I bought from this publishing company is because I always love a book with a strong heroine, a heroine who do...more
E. Hughes
This author has great style, and skill and it shows very clearly in this romance novel. I do think the heroine's love interest leaves much to be desired in that he was completely revolting with few redeeming qualities. So I'm wondering if characterization is the weakest aspect of the story. I did enjoy it, simply because the hero's behavior was so appalling. It's written in the style of classic Harlequin romance where the male love interest is just barely, a tolerable human being. To the author'...more
Cornélia
well this one was solid
the characters real
not over the top not drama queen wanabies uber alpha shit but still harlequin like Luca was super sexy and Emma was down to earth
i wish harlequin présents heroes were more like that
Kit Tunstall
This is one of the best romances I have read in a long time. Great characters, engaging plot, and emotional themes. Highly recommended!
Lyn
Enjoyed reading it. Love Emma. & Luca I wanna hit on the head but I'm glad he redeem himself.

Recommend it! :D
Modesty_b
absolutely loved it...
Lenore Kosinski
OK, I normally love Carol Marinelli...and there was something about Emma that was just fabulous. She has this not perfect and not glamourousness about her that I love (yeah, I'm ok with that personality, it fits with mine). But Luca kind of went too far to be redeemable. I know he had his reasons and fears, but I had a hard time forgiving him like Emma did. Hence the lower star wattage from me. Won't stop me from reading marinelli books though...
Tia
Heroine went to work for hero, hero started developing feelings for heroine even though he was a playboy, they slept together numerous times and she fell in love with the hero in turn. She got pregnant, never told him, he screwed up the relationship on untrue fact, assuming he would be an abuser like his father, only his father wasn't his father. Begged for her back, explained everything and ta da, happily ever after.
I loved this book. Luca is arrogant and can not be trusted with Emma's heart. With family issues on both sides, they struggle with their feeling and worrys for future. It's not until Luca gets a huge shock that he realises he's put his life on hold for no reason. Really good romance and HEA.
Tora
This book is so frustrating. The characters decide to do one thing then instantly change their minds all the time. The romance is quite sweet though, enough that I didn't give up due to the random Americanisms and POV jumps.
Alexis-Morgan Roark
What boss can refuse the one who claims to be immune? A well written book with loads more emotional depth than is typical.
Megan
As embarrassing as it is to admit, romance novels are my guilty pleasures and this one is utterly intoxicating.
Elena
Probabably a 3.5 stars... some of the internal monologues actually confussed me
Shiroi Yami
it's been a very nice story
ahhhhhhhhh i can't stop sighing
Joyce Abell
Love books with an Epilogue
Patrice
Patrice marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Tsubakiharu
Tsubakiharu marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)
  • The Sabbides Secret Baby
  • The Greek's Pregnant Lover (Traditional Greek Husbands #2 & Greek Tycoons #7)
  • The Society Wife
  • The Twelve Nights of Christmas
  • Marriage Made on Paper
  • Beauty and the Greek
  • Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920)
  • The Innocent's Surrender
  • The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932)
  • Baby of Shame
  • Nicolo: The Powerful Sicilian (Orisini Brothers, #4)
  • The Dark Side of Desire
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte...more
More about Carol Marinelli...
One Tiny Miracle Emergency: Wife Lost and Found The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8) A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1) Wedlocked: Banished Sheikh, Untouched Queen (Dark-Hearted Desert Men #1)