Start by marking “Everyone Plays at the Library: Creating Great Gaming Experiences for All Ages” as Want to Read:
Everyone Plays at the Library: Creating Great Gaming Experiences for All Ages

Everyone Plays at the Library: Creating Great Gaming Experiences for All Ages

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  6 reviews

If you are interested in the why, what, and how of library gaming, Everyone Plays at the Library is the place to start. Scott Nicholson educator, librarian, game designer, host of the Board Games with Scott video series, and founder of the Library Game Lab of Syracuse shows how gaming programs can be successfully implemented in school, academic, and public libraries, cover

Published January 1st 2010 by Information Today

To ask other readers questions about Everyone Plays at the Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyone Plays at the Library

Kimberly
An excellent "how to" manual for program librarians. Mr. Nicholson provides examples of gaming programs in many different library settings and with all different age audiences. A must have for any public or college library professional bookshelf. Gaming isn't just for teens! It can be for younger kids, tweens, teens, young adults, families, and empty nesters. It's all about the way you frame the event and publicize it in your community.
Cat Bascle
I'm working on a grant for my library that requires me to propose a youth literacy program. It will be my first time designing such a program, and this book is part of my research. There are a lot of good ideas here, but I wish there had been more discussion of the practicalities of running games, especially non-digital ones.
Mariella
Perfect what I was looking for when presenting gaming to the library as a really good intergenerational programming idea. Adult play is the word floating around nowadays, and I feel like board games, and video games, but I prefer board games are a great step towards addresses recreational activities for adults to come to the library.
Good book overall. It combines common sense practices of library programs. Most, I've thought about and practiced, other tips, tricks, and techniques were new to me and I will definitely use.

It also has a ton of great suggestions for what games to purchase when starting up a gaming program.

I would not recommend this book to someone who is already has a successful library gaming program. It covers the basics.

Samantha
I wanted an overview of great games to play at the library and this provided me with that. It also provided me with a good overview of how to market programs in general.
Ellen
Excellent book about games for public libraries. I really like that it is targeting games for people of all ages. Excellent examples and ideas.
Francesco
Francesco marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Feb 18, 2015
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
May 11, 2014
Cecilia
Cecilia marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2013
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Akoko
Akoko marked it as to-read
May 03, 2013
Eric Benson
Eric Benson marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2013
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2013
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
May 12, 2012
With more than 500,000 books sold worldwide, Scott Nicholson is an international bestselling thriller writer. He won the Writers of the Future Award in 1999 and was a Stoker Award finalist in 2003. His Fear series was published by Amazon's Thomas & Mercer imprint and 47North released the supernatural thriller McFALL.

He's also published a number of supernatural, paranormal, and fantasy books an
More about Scott Nicholson...
The Red Church (Sheriff Frank Littlefield, #1) Write Good or Die Speed Dating with the Dead Ashes After: The Shock (After, #1)