Start by marking “Dreams in Prussian Blue” as Want to Read:
Dreams in Prussian Blue

Dreams in Prussian Blue

Alternate cover for this ISBN can be found here

First-year student Naina is utterly smitten by her senior, Michael, acknowledged genius and resident rebel of the Fine Arts College, Mumbai. So when he proposes that they drop out of college and live-in, she readily agrees. But life with Michael soon turns into an emotional rollercoaster. Temperamental, opinionated and incredi
Published January 15th 2010 by Penguin India

To ask other readers questions about Dreams in Prussian Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreams in Prussian Blue

Ahmed Faiyaz
May 02, 2010 Ahmed Faiyaz rated it really liked it
Dreams in Prussian Blue is good first book by Paritosh Uttam. Paritosh stays away from the predictable plot and instead builds a unique plot through a racy and compelling narrative. I really liked the story, it was a page turner with effective flashbacks and interesting characters especially Naina, who has to face the consequences of her decisions. Being a non- conformist myself, I also liked Paritosh's subtle views on life and materialism through Michael's voice.
Helena
May 23, 2010 Helena rated it it was amazing
An excellent read from start to finish. The storyline weaves in and out of the past and present seamlessly, while leaving you wondering what ending the author has in store for you. You feel the emotions of the characters as they experience the effects of the choices they make and that circumstances make for them. The best books are those that are able to take you out of your surroundings and into playing the story in your mind, and 'Dreams in Prussian Blue' does that with great success.
Aiswarya D J
Jan 08, 2016 Aiswarya D J rated it liked it
good
Amit Gupta
Jun 16, 2015 Amit Gupta rated it liked it
First-year student Naina is utterly smitten by her senior, Michael, acknowledged genius and resident rebel of the Fine Arts College, Mumbai. So when he proposes that they drop out of college and live in, she readily agrees. But life with Michael soon turns into an emotional roller coaster. Temperamental, opinionated and incredibly selfish, he expects Naina to run the household so that he is free to paint. Naina tries her hand at several odd jobs, but when an accident leave Michael blind, their l ...more
Readers Cosmos
Jan 26, 2013 Readers Cosmos rated it really liked it
For a detailed review read: http://thereaderscosmos.blogspot.com/...

Looking for a quick read, a good story, but not a big novel? Try Metro reads short novels they are just what you need! I was very happy to see these since a lot of people in my network want to read but donot have patience for fat novels. This was the first one i read especially because the very first page gripped me.

Is love always perfect and beautiful? We always imagine so as literature is full of romeo and juliet stories since
Harshita
Jul 21, 2011 Harshita rated it liked it
Shelves: indian-lit
This book was a disappointment, probably because I had high hopes for it. The story seemed interesting, and it was so refreshing to read a book about metro India where the people seemed familiar to _me_. The writing was pretty crisp and of a good quality, so different from other Indian writers. Instead, it turned out to be one unrelentingly grim tale.

The back and forth in time narrative got muddled as it went on, and beyond a point you just. stopped. sympathising with the protagonist, Naina, be
Gopika
Sep 09, 2014 Gopika rated it it was ok
this book by paritosh uttam is a very good depiction of love,betrayal and revenge.it also gives a clear picture of how destiny can play with people's life.it is brilliantly written with the past and the present in quick succession.the story goes really well until the climax.even though the story is wonderfully said,the climax could have been a little bit more improved for in this book,the climax rather disappoints the reader than providing a good twist or break.but one must say that apart from m ...more
Bhargavi Balachandran
A very well written book. The story wasn't as breezy as I had expected , but was poignant and well-sculpted out , nevertheless. I felt bad for Naina for most part of the book and nursed a secret desire to hurl something at the selfish Micheal. So yeah, a book that makes a reader feel such things for the characters is definitely a good one ! The writing is simple and crisp.What I also liked was that the book went back and forth between the past and present, and that made the narrative interesting ...more
Shruti Methaila
May 12, 2011 Shruti Methaila rated it liked it
dreams in purssian blue deals with lots of emotions though the authors fails to explain those emotions at tyms.......while reading i didnt fell in love wid any of the character rather i started hating some .....michael was way too selfish to be liked....abhinav again selfish......m still not able to understand naina's character.....despite all this i would say its a well written book and i luvd the concept..
Siddharth Krishna
Jul 05, 2014 Siddharth Krishna rated it really liked it
A fast paced novel with a refreshing story. I enjoy reading books by Indian authors and the fact that the book has been made into a great movie speaks volumes about the quality of story. I felt the ending could have been slightly better but then again, perfect ending is desirable but seldom attainable.
Sonaksha
Oct 06, 2013 Sonaksha rated it it was ok
I’d read pretty good reviews but was disappointed because I found almost everything very predictable or too forced and I kept hoping something would shake the mood, but it didn’t. Honestly, I thought the twist was quite messy and confusing.

Not something I’d recommend!
Asad
Mar 15, 2015 Asad rated it it was ok
I have been a big fan of Paritosh Uttam's short stories. Though the story and the concept was new and original, the book though turned out to be a disappointment. Will look forward though to Paritosh's other works.
Kritika Dixit
Sep 23, 2012 Kritika Dixit rated it really liked it
Nice title.
Liked the style of writing, much better than the Chetan Bhagats and Ravinder Singhs, i think.
Also, to top that the book had a realistic bent making it an unpredictable, believable and good read. :)
Neha
Neha rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2015
Kavitha Sreekumar
Kavitha Sreekumar rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2013
Chugh.manisha
Nov 18, 2012 Chugh.manisha rated it liked it
A very good read!Very well knitted story!
Syed Sameer
Syed Sameer rated it it was amazing
Apr 19, 2013
Umarani
Umarani rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2013
Pallavi
Pallavi rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Aishwarya Srinivasan
Jun 01, 2012 Aishwarya Srinivasan rated it really liked it
stupid!
Isha
Isha rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2017
Kavya
Kavya rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2012
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it really liked it
May 03, 2012
Aiswarya Haridas
Aiswarya Haridas rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Harvinder
Harvinder rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2011
Siao
Siao rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2014
Christy Mariya
Christy Mariya rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2014
Sujata
Sujata rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2010
Lakshmi
Lakshmi rated it really liked it
Oct 26, 2015
Trikala Satya
Trikala Satya rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The (In)Eligible Bachelors
  • Love, life & all that jazz....
  • Johnny Gone Down
  • Strangers In The Mist: Tales Of War And Peace From India's Northeast. Revised Edition
  • Delhi OMG!