Start by marking “Snaring the Huntress” as Want to Read:
Read Book

Snaring the Huntress

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,211 ratings  ·  108 reviews
This e-book can be downloaded from author's website here - Snaring the Huntress

Star is an Interstellar Council judge. Her position requires her to pass sentence, hunt down the offenders, and administer punishments. She’s considered one of the best, and if she plays her cards right, she just might become the first of the Hunter species to ascend to the Supreme Court–her lif
ebook, Smashwords, 25 pages
Published 2005 by Sylvia Day

To ask other readers questions about Snaring the Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snaring the Huntress

I think that if this book were a little longer and more fleshed out I would have enjoyed it. But as it stands the SPOILER (I guess)

Star: "I'm here to capture you so you don't have sex with everyone"
Roark: "Good, I was hoping they sent the hot chick! Spread your legs"
Star: "Fine, but I have to take you to space jail after the week is over"

A week later....

R: "I don't want to go to space jail!! Kill me now!"
S: "I can't because now I love you!!"
Computer on Communicator : "Its okay, he can just be un
For a free short story this wasn't a horrendous way to spend a few spare minutes (it's only 25 pages long so doesn't take long to read) but there is nothing particularly memorable about it & it's not something I'd read again.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Snaring the Huntress was a fun little read that was only about 50 pages or so. The story follows a Huntress, Star, who is a Judge (a sort of law enforcement person) fighting to prove herself to the council and garner respect for her race. She’s been having these highly erotic dreams for the last week though of a faceless man bringing her to the edge but never finishing, leaving her frustrated and unable to concentrate. When she is sent on a mission to capture a rogue Jacian she plans on a quick ...more
Jane Stewart
I loved it! Some of the visions created stayed in my mind long after I read it. There were a couple of good lines that took me by surprise. It’s a wonderful erotic sensual turn on.

Star is a judge/executioner sent to arrest Roark who is hiding on another planet. Star is a species with sharp claws and a spine coming out of her back. Roark is of the Jacian species who periodically go into heat requiring them to have sex almost nonstop for a week.

This is an ebook
This is smut. Alien smut at that. It wasn't all that good - so not all that good that I can't even remember the characters names... The chick is some kind of futuristic Judge, Jury and Executioner, and she does it all in the nude. But wait - there is more... when our nudist judge gets all hot an bothered... spikes stick out from her back...

The dude... he is green and in heat. And i guess his kind go crazy if they don't bang for days while in heat. And guess what.. judgy-poo has to hunt him down,
Yz the Whyz
Found this freebie in Sylvia Day's website.

Very sexy but sweet sci-fi romance novella. Resolution of the plot was a little too tidy, but the sex was pretty hot, and the emotions was very tender.
I read this a long time ago and still think often of it and re-read it all the time.

Had the right mix of sci-fi, romance and steamy erotica. I truly loved this book and am so glad the author has an incredible imagination :)
Kira's NetGalley Book Blog
Can anyone say HOT? I'm loving these short erotic fantasy stories I've had the pleasure of reading recently. They're totally sexy and steamy and I need more!
The premise made this sound as though this would be a good read. It really wasn't.
it was free on my kindle app...that's all
I was expecting some adventure or plot even, but the novel was basically all erotica.
Not recommended for those under 18.
It was an okay read.
I didn't get what I wanted, which was an actually shoot and chase sci fi novel with the sexual tension and the awesomeness.
What I did get was a male alien from an unworldly attractive brand of species who needs to be locked up with a partner for a week when they're in heat......or else their need for sexual release could hurt someone...umm..yea. That's not a
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Star is a judge in a far off galaxy in the very distant future. As a Hunter she is more than just a judge, she is more than often the executioner. Her new assignment is to catch a Jacian male. Jacians go into a heat cycle, they HAVE to have sex. To keep from harming unwilling participants they are assigned a partner. To flee from this individual is punishable by death. That is exactly what Ambassador Roark Teron has done. Although he has an attraction to a Judge Huntress that actually hopes wil ...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Star is a galatic judge and hunter of criminals. She is trying to earn her place on the Supreme Court with enough credits. She has been dreaming of a mysterious man for over a week now and isn't any closer to finding relief. Roark is an alien ambassador now turned fugitive with only one goal in mind being with Star during his heat cycle. He has watched her from afar and waited two years for this one and only chance at having her. Star's orders are dead or alive thanks to Roark's government. So w ...more
you know, when you give very short summary to a book you read, this was it, almost 12 pages that include the title page. ver basic maybe if was longer it would be nice.
Basically a good idea for a plot, but honestly it could be exploited more. too short, too superficial. No more than two stars,sorry it disappointed me.
I honestly could not get into this book! It started off really weird for me. Honestly, I hoped to like this book but it just didn't click with me.
Alexandra Rolo
Gaja boa sonha todas as noites com deliciosos preliminares com um tipo que nunca viu. Gajo com o cio foge da tipa que lhe tinha sido destinada e fica com a cabeça a prémio.
Gaja boa encontra gajo bom e tufas gemidos e alegria com bondage improvisado à mistura.
Este livro é uma péssima desculpa para umas quantas páginas de gemidos sem história alguma, mas com umas descrições bem interessantes.
O texto é de fácil leitura e vá, apesar de não ser grande coisa pelo menos é de borla, pois está disponível
Feb 24, 2014 Lyndi added it
I read the reviews and it sounds so familiar, I'm positive I've read this before.
Confesso que quando comecei a ler este conto não sabia bem do que tratava... O Goodreads recomendou-o e, como estava disponível gratuitamente, fiz o download, mas nem li a sinopse. Imaginem a minha surpresa quando percebi que se trata de um conto de ficção científica erótico. Mas depois da estranheza inicial na descrição das personagens (nenhuma delas humana), acabei por gostar do conto. Apreciei sobretudo a escrita da autora e, uma vez que a mesma indica no início do conto que este é um dos seu ...more
Ruth Rika
Was hit & miss for me... Mostly miss.
Sarah Carter
I wish it was longer
This wasn't a bad story. Erotic sci-fi but it did have a plot.
The huntress is a judge tracking down a fugitive who refused to go into seclusion with his pre-assigned when he was about to go into heat. Kind of Star Trek's "Amok Time" episode with a different ending.
It seems the fugitive was hot for the judge. He knew she would be the one to come after him and is laying (pun intended) in wait for the huntress who always hunts in the nude. Guess she's all ready for him.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
The premise of the story sounds much better then the actual plot turned out to be. I think this is one of those stories that if given the proper length to unfold, like a near full length book, it would have been pretty decent. The main character is slightly annoying too. Also why do they fill these stupid e books with so many excerpts from other stories? I'm not going to read them, that's not why I downloaded the book.
Emma Jefferson
It was very preditable story. ~I know it was one of her first books and she didnt re-write it. But it is ok for a 25 page long book.

If this was written to be a longer book I think it would have been brillant. But unfortunley it wasn't. As you start getting into it the ending comes up.

If she had extended it and put a few twists into it, and really made Star fall for the guy then it could be a grand book.

Another surprising well done short story that left me feeling happy and wanting more at the same time. The names are cheesy (Star and Roark), the setting is stellar, and the anatomy alien (she has spinal spikes that extract when aroused, he's green and in heat), but the story is well written. It would be nice to see a follow up short with the same two characters.
Way out there erotic romance. Star reminded me of the alien in the movie Species and the Jacian who she was sent to capture for judgement reminded me of no male character that I have ever come across but has a similarity to several with his debilitating mating heat.

Short, sexy and a decent read with a neatly tied up plot at the end.
Book Sniffers Anonymous
There was really nothing to this story. I thought it would have more back story to it but it was literally a romp in the sheets. Pretty much the synopsis tells you everything. Roarke is in his mating cycle for the week and hides away so that Star has to track him down. When she does they get all hot and heavy for the week THE END.
I think that I would have like this one better if it had been expanded. I liked the world, but wish there would have been more about why the Ambassador was on the run, what/how the Hunters worked and the Judaical board, and where things went from there. What was here was fun. I liked how the Huntress interacted with her ship.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Deliciously fast-paced and erotic as hell! Roark and Star scorched my computer screen, as my mind, even now, continues a lusty pictorial of their sizzling unions. The characters feel life-like, enchanting, while the romance was heart wrenching. A fantastic short story read with a strong, genuine sci-fi plot. Well Done!!!

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
2.5 star. Will I remember this in a few months? Probably not. It is a nice smooth read. Woohoo! Ms. Day writes a smooth short story of two aliens getting it on. The sex was very light. What I liked was the description of the aliens. I'm intrigued. This book turns me on to Ms. Day to see what other books I might by her.
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Emerald Green
  • Love Transposed
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Seducing Jane Porter (Jane Porter, #1)
  • Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4)
  • Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)
  • The Virgin Proxy
  • Lord Demon's Delight (Demons of Dunmore, #1)
  • Reunion (Vampires Realm, #3.5)
  • One Bite
  • Wild Knights (Passion Unbound, #1)
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Fire Dance
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at, ...more
More about Sylvia Day...
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4) Afterburn (After, #1)