Snaring the Huntress
read book

Snaring the Huntress

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  1,041 ratings  ·  102 reviews
This e-book can be downloaded from author's website here - Snaring the Huntress

Star is an Interstellar Council judge. Her position requires her to pass sentence, hunt down the offenders, and administer punishments. She’s considered one of the best, and if she plays her cards right, she just might become the first of the Hunter species to ascend to the Supreme Court–her lif...more
ebook, Smashwords, 25 pages
Published 2005 by Sylvia Day

To ask other readers questions about Snaring the Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snaring the Huntress

Ashley
I think that if this book were a little longer and more fleshed out I would have enjoyed it. But as it stands the SPOILER (I guess)

Star: "I'm here to capture you so you don't have sex with everyone"
Roark: "Good, I was hoping they sent the hot chick! Spread your legs"
Star: "Fine, but I have to take you to space jail after the week is over"

A week later....

R: "I don't want to go to space jail!! Kill me now!"
S: "I can't because now I love you!!"
Computer on Communicator : "Its okay, he can just be un...more
For a free short story this wasn't a horrendous way to spend a few spare minutes (it's only 25 pages long so doesn't take long to read) but there is nothing particularly memorable about it & it's not something I'd read again.
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Snaring the Huntress was a fun little read that was only about 50 pages or so. The story follows a Huntress, Star, who is a Judge (a sort of law enforcement person) fighting to prove herself to the council and garner respect for her race. She’s been having these highly erotic dreams for the last week though of a faceless man bringing her to the edge but never finishing, leaving her frustrated and unable to concentrate. When she is sent on a mission to capture a rogue Jacian she plans on a quick...more
Jane Stewart
REVIEWER'S OPINION:
I loved it! Some of the visions created stayed in my mind long after I read it. There were a couple of good lines that took me by surprise. It’s a wonderful erotic sensual turn on.

STORY BRIEF:
Star is a judge/executioner sent to arrest Roark who is hiding on another planet. Star is a species with sharp claws and a spine coming out of her back. Roark is of the Jacian species who periodically go into heat requiring them to have sex almost nonstop for a week.

DATA:
This is an ebook...more
Riona
This is smut. Alien smut at that. It wasn't all that good - so not all that good that I can't even remember the characters names... The chick is some kind of futuristic Judge, Jury and Executioner, and she does it all in the nude. But wait - there is more... when our nudist judge gets all hot an bothered... spikes stick out from her back...

The dude... he is green and in heat. And i guess his kind go crazy if they don't bang for days while in heat. And guess what.. judgy-poo has to hunt him down,...more
Yz the Whyz
Found this freebie in Sylvia Day's website.

Very sexy but sweet sci-fi romance novella. Resolution of the plot was a little too tidy, but the sex was pretty hot, and the emotions was very tender.
Kira
Can anyone say HOT? I'm loving these short erotic fantasy stories I've had the pleasure of reading recently. They're totally sexy and steamy and I need more!
Kim
The premise made this sound as though this would be a good read. It really wasn't.
Michelle
it was free on my kindle app...that's all
Maryann
I was expecting some adventure or plot even, but the novel was basically all erotica.
Not recommended for those under 18.
It was an okay read.
I didn't get what I wanted, which was an actually shoot and chase sci fi novel with the sexual tension and the awesomeness.
What I did get was a male alien from an unworldly attractive brand of species who needs to be locked up with a partner for a week when they're in heat......or else their need for sexual release could hurt someone...umm..yea. That's not a...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Star is a judge in a far off galaxy in the very distant future. As a Hunter she is more than just a judge, she is more than often the executioner. Her new assignment is to catch a Jacian male. Jacians go into a heat cycle, they HAVE to have sex. To keep from harming unwilling participants they are assigned a partner. To flee from this individual is punishable by death. That is exactly what Ambassador Roark Teron has done. Although he has an attraction to a Judge Huntress that actually hopes wil...more
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Star is a galatic judge and hunter of criminals. She is trying to earn her place on the Supreme Court with enough credits. She has been dreaming of a mysterious man for over a week now and isn't any closer to finding relief. Roark is an alien ambassador now turned fugitive with only one goal in mind being with Star during his heat cycle. He has watched her from afar and waited two years for this one and only chance at having her. Star's orders are dead or alive thanks to Roark's government. So w...more
Pamela
Basically a good idea for a plot, but honestly it could be exploited more. too short, too superficial. No more than two stars,sorry it disappointed me.
Alexandra Rolo
Gaja boa sonha todas as noites com deliciosos preliminares com um tipo que nunca viu. Gajo com o cio foge da tipa que lhe tinha sido destinada e fica com a cabeça a prémio.
Gaja boa encontra gajo bom e tufas gemidos e alegria com bondage improvisado à mistura.
Este livro é uma péssima desculpa para umas quantas páginas de gemidos sem história alguma, mas com umas descrições bem interessantes.
O texto é de fácil leitura e vá, apesar de não ser grande coisa pelo menos é de borla, pois está disponível...more
Lyndi
Feb 24, 2014 Lyndi added it
I read the reviews and it sounds so familiar, I'm positive I've read this before.
Landslide
Confesso que quando comecei a ler este conto não sabia bem do que tratava... O Goodreads recomendou-o e, como estava disponível gratuitamente, fiz o download, mas nem li a sinopse. Imaginem a minha surpresa quando percebi que se trata de um conto de ficção científica erótico. Mas depois da estranheza inicial na descrição das personagens (nenhuma delas humana), acabei por gostar do conto. Apreciei sobretudo a escrita da autora e, uma vez que a mesma indica no início do conto que este é um dos seu...more
Sarah Carter
I wish it was longer
Cathy
This wasn't a bad story. Erotic sci-fi but it did have a plot.
The huntress is a judge tracking down a fugitive who refused to go into seclusion with his pre-assigned when he was about to go into heat. Kind of Star Trek's "Amok Time" episode with a different ending.
It seems the fugitive was hot for the judge. He knew she would be the one to come after him and is laying (pun intended) in wait for the huntress who always hunts in the nude. Guess she's all ready for him.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
The premise of the story sounds much better then the actual plot turned out to be. I think this is one of those stories that if given the proper length to unfold, like a near full length book, it would have been pretty decent. The main character is slightly annoying too. Also why do they fill these stupid e books with so many excerpts from other stories? I'm not going to read them, that's not why I downloaded the book.
Netanella
Another surprising well done short story that left me feeling happy and wanting more at the same time. The names are cheesy (Star and Roark), the setting is stellar, and the anatomy alien (she has spinal spikes that extract when aroused, he's green and in heat), but the story is well written. It would be nice to see a follow up short with the same two characters.
Jackie
Way out there erotic romance. Star reminded me of the alien in the movie Species and the Jacian who she was sent to capture for judgement reminded me of no male character that I have ever come across but has a similarity to several with his debilitating mating heat.

Short, sexy and a decent read with a neatly tied up plot at the end.
Kristin
There was really nothing to this story. I thought it would have more back story to it but it was literally a romp in the sheets. Pretty much the synopsis tells you everything. Roarke is in his mating cycle for the week and hides away so that Star has to track him down. When she does they get all hot and heavy for the week THE END.
Darcy
I think that I would have like this one better if it had been expanded. I liked the world, but wish there would have been more about why the Ambassador was on the run, what/how the Hunters worked and the Judaical board, and where things went from there. What was here was fun. I liked how the Huntress interacted with her ship.
Pamela Craft Jenewein
Deliciously fast-paced and erotic as hell! Roark and Star scorched my computer screen, as my mind, even now, continues a lusty pictorial of their sizzling unions. The characters feel life-like, enchanting, while the romance was heart wrenching. A fantastic short story read with a strong, genuine sci-fi plot. Well Done!!!

♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
2.5 star. Will I remember this in a few months? Probably not. It is a nice smooth read. Woohoo! Ms. Day writes a smooth short story of two aliens getting it on. The sex was very light. What I liked was the description of the aliens. I'm intrigued. This book turns me on to Ms. Day to see what other books I might by her.
Winnie Murphy
I enjoyed it. Would have liked a more fleshed-out story line and I think another story with more explanation of the universe and species involved would not be out of order.
Carolyn F.
33 pages. Enjoyable story. Star is sent to capture Roark who took off when he was in heat. He's not supposed to do that and will be killed either by her or when he's brought back. Star finds out that's not so easy to do. Liked Star, she's human like but with extra bits.
Scubasubiker
3 stars. This book started out AWSOME, like it could have been one of the sexiest scifi romances ever. Then it ended abruptly and lamely albeit with an HEA that was totally NOT believable. I'm effing pissed actually. This book had MAJOR potential and I was engrossed!!!! WTF?
Caro
Jan 18, 2013 Caro rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: sci-fi, own
I enjoyed reading this. It was interesting, a little too quick but that's ok, steamy, and I definitely liked the characters. The ending was great. I would definitely read more like this. This would be a good go-to for a fun quickie read. A keeper despite it's size. Enjoy
Jessica
Not very good. It was short, not all that impressive for erotica. I've read better, and well, I like a little plot with my sex and a little more foreplay. Unfortunately, the plot sucked. It was stupid and the end really was a cop-out.
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • An Unwanted Hunger
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • The Devil & Venus di Milo (Witches Anonymous, #0.5)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Strength in Numbers (Strength in Numbers, #1)
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • Emerald Green
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • Love Transposed
  • Spooks and Magic (Alana Weatherbee, #2)
  • Hunting Evander
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Wild Knights (Passion Unbound, #1)
  • Summer Heat
  • Be My Vampire Tonight (Darklander Lovers, #1)
  • Amulet
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 21 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate, and she has been nominated for the Goodreads Choice Award...more
More about Sylvia Day...
Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Afterburn (Afterburn & Aftershock, #1) Seven Years to Sin