Start by marking “Snaring the Huntress” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Snaring the Huntress

3.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,277 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
This e-book can be downloaded from author's website here - Snaring the Huntress

Star is an Interstellar Council judge. Her position requires her to pass sentence, hunt down the offenders, and administer punishments. She’s considered one of the best, and if she plays her cards right, she just might become the first of the Hunter species to ascend to the Supreme Court–her lif
ebook, Smashwords, 25 pages
Published 2005 by Sylvia Day

To ask other readers questions about Snaring the Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snaring the Huntress

Ashley
Jan 29, 2015 Ashley rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook, romance, short, 2012
I think that if this book were a little longer and more fleshed out I would have enjoyed it. But as it stands the SPOILER (I guess)

Star: "I'm here to capture you so you don't have sex with everyone"
Roark: "Good, I was hoping they sent the hot chick! Spread your legs"
Star: "Fine, but I have to take you to space jail after the week is over"

A week later....

R: "I don't want to go to space jail!! Kill me now!"
S: "I can't because now I love you!!"
Computer on Communicator : "Its okay, he can just be un

Hero: 6/10
Heroine: 7/10
Humour: 3/10
Steaminess: 9/10

Not enough time to expand the plot enough to make it great but what there was of it was very enjoyable
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
Sep 15, 2011 Crystal ♥ RBtWBC rated it liked it
Snaring the Huntress was a fun little read that was only about 50 pages or so. The story follows a Huntress, Star, who is a Judge (a sort of law enforcement person) fighting to prove herself to the council and garner respect for her race. She’s been having these highly erotic dreams for the last week though of a faceless man bringing her to the edge but never finishing, leaving her frustrated and unable to concentrate. When she is sent on a mission to capture a rogue Jacian she plans on a quick ...more
Jane Stewart
REVIEWER'S OPINION:
I loved it! Some of the visions created stayed in my mind long after I read it. There were a couple of good lines that took me by surprise. It’s a wonderful erotic sensual turn on.

STORY BRIEF:
Star is a judge/executioner sent to arrest Roark who is hiding on another planet. Star is a species with sharp claws and a spine coming out of her back. Roark is of the Jacian species who periodically go into heat requiring them to have sex almost nonstop for a week.

DATA:
This is an ebook
Riona
Aug 13, 2011 Riona rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, reviewed
This is smut. Alien smut at that. It wasn't all that good - so not all that good that I can't even remember the characters names... The chick is some kind of futuristic Judge, Jury and Executioner, and she does it all in the nude. But wait - there is more... when our nudist judge gets all hot an bothered... spikes stick out from her back...

The dude... he is green and in heat. And i guess his kind go crazy if they don't bang for days while in heat. And guess what.. judgy-poo has to hunt him down,
Feb 23, 2014 Sarah rated it it was ok
For a free short story this wasn't a horrendous way to spend a few spare minutes (it's only 25 pages long so doesn't take long to read) but there is nothing particularly memorable about it & it's not something I'd read again.
Yz the Whyz
Apr 26, 2010 Yz the Whyz rated it really liked it
Found this freebie in Sylvia Day's website.

Very sexy but sweet sci-fi romance novella. Resolution of the plot was a little too tidy, but the sex was pretty hot, and the emotions was very tender.
Christine
Jan 29, 2015 Christine rated it it was amazing
I read this a long time ago and still think often of it and re-read it all the time.

Had the right mix of sci-fi, romance and steamy erotica. I truly loved this book and am so glad the author has an incredible imagination :)
Kira's NetGalley Book Blog
Mar 16, 2014 Kira's NetGalley Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: alien, erotica, space
Can anyone say HOT? I'm loving these short erotic fantasy stories I've had the pleasure of reading recently. They're totally sexy and steamy and I need more!
Kim
May 19, 2011 Kim rated it did not like it
The premise made this sound as though this would be a good read. It really wasn't.
Michelle
Jan 11, 2012 Michelle rated it did not like it
it was free on my kindle app...that's all
Maryann
Oct 01, 2011 Maryann rated it it was ok
I was expecting some adventure or plot even, but the novel was basically all erotica.
Not recommended for those under 18.
It was an okay read.
I didn't get what I wanted, which was an actually shoot and chase sci fi novel with the sexual tension and the awesomeness.
What I did get was a male alien from an unworldly attractive brand of species who needs to be locked up with a partner for a week when they're in heat......or else their need for sexual release could hurt someone...umm..yea. That's not a
Harley
Dec 21, 2015 Harley rated it really liked it
Day is fantastic at writing a story that engages the reader and Snaring the Huntress is no different. From the first page in I once more had a really difficult time putting the book down. Day is able to create characters that are multi-faceted and magnetic, with their own special faults that lend a honesty to them. Snaring the Huntress is no different in this, Roarke is very exciting, and Star is the perfect foil for his needs!

A really SEXY AND HOT fun read!!
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Star is a judge in a far off galaxy in the very distant future. As a Hunter she is more than just a judge, she is more than often the executioner. Her new assignment is to catch a Jacian male. Jacians go into a heat cycle, they HAVE to have sex. To keep from harming unwilling participants they are assigned a partner. To flee from this individual is punishable by death. That is exactly what Ambassador Roark Teron has done. Although he has an attraction to a Judge Huntress that actually hopes wil ...more
Steven White
Nov 19, 2015 Steven White rated it really liked it
Infinitely better written than the majority of the absolute rubbish published on Smashwords, yet not up to par with her award winning novels. Sylvia Day is a maestro of prose and a master of eroticism.
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Oct 24, 2011 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
Star is a galatic judge and hunter of criminals. She is trying to earn her place on the Supreme Court with enough credits. She has been dreaming of a mysterious man for over a week now and isn't any closer to finding relief. Roark is an alien ambassador now turned fugitive with only one goal in mind being with Star during his heat cycle. He has watched her from afar and waited two years for this one and only chance at having her. Star's orders are dead or alive thanks to Roark's government. So w ...more
Rhapsody Phoenix
Feb 07, 2016 Rhapsody Phoenix rated it liked it
interesting short story, nice for what it was (a sci-fi paranormal romance) though i would have liked more of a descriptive of the heroine/hero to imprint a visual in my mind.
Val
Sep 05, 2014 Val rated it it was ok
you know, when you give very short summary to a book you read, this was it, almost 12 pages that include the title page. ver basic maybe if was longer it would be nice.
nirK
Jun 10, 2014 nirK rated it it was ok
Basically a good idea for a plot, but honestly it could be exploited more. too short, too superficial. No more than two stars,sorry it disappointed me.
Grace
Jul 06, 2016 Grace rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotic-romance
Just reread this. I've long ago read Sylvia's short stories, and as expected, they were hot, sweet, and a whole lotta awesome.
Taylor
Mar 11, 2015 Taylor rated it it was ok
I honestly could not get into this book! It started off really weird for me. Honestly, I hoped to like this book but it just didn't click with me.
Alexandra Rolo
Mar 08, 2012 Alexandra Rolo rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Gaja boa sonha todas as noites com deliciosos preliminares com um tipo que nunca viu. Gajo com o cio foge da tipa que lhe tinha sido destinada e fica com a cabeça a prémio.
Gaja boa encontra gajo bom e tufas gemidos e alegria com bondage improvisado à mistura.
Este livro é uma péssima desculpa para umas quantas páginas de gemidos sem história alguma, mas com umas descrições bem interessantes.
O texto é de fácil leitura e vá, apesar de não ser grande coisa pelo menos é de borla, pois está disponível
Lyndi
Feb 24, 2014 Lyndi added it
I read the reviews and it sounds so familiar, I'm positive I've read this before.
Landslide
Confesso que quando comecei a ler este conto não sabia bem do que tratava... O Goodreads recomendou-o e, como estava disponível gratuitamente, fiz o download, mas nem li a sinopse. Imaginem a minha surpresa quando percebi que se trata de um conto de ficção científica erótico. Mas depois da estranheza inicial na descrição das personagens (nenhuma delas humana), acabei por gostar do conto. Apreciei sobretudo a escrita da autora e, uma vez que a mesma indica no início do conto que este é um dos seu ...more
Ruth Rika
Sep 10, 2014 Ruth Rika rated it did not like it
Was hit & miss for me... Mostly miss.
Sarah Carter
Aug 26, 2014 Sarah Carter rated it it was amazing
I wish it was longer
Cathy
Aug 02, 2011 Cathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
This wasn't a bad story. Erotic sci-fi but it did have a plot.
The huntress is a judge tracking down a fugitive who refused to go into seclusion with his pre-assigned when he was about to go into heat. Kind of Star Trek's "Amok Time" episode with a different ending.
It seems the fugitive was hot for the judge. He knew she would be the one to come after him and is laying (pun intended) in wait for the huntress who always hunts in the nude. Guess she's all ready for him.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
The premise of the story sounds much better then the actual plot turned out to be. I think this is one of those stories that if given the proper length to unfold, like a near full length book, it would have been pretty decent. The main character is slightly annoying too. Also why do they fill these stupid e books with so many excerpts from other stories? I'm not going to read them, that's not why I downloaded the book.
Emma Jefferson
Jun 02, 2015 Emma Jefferson rated it it was ok
Shelves: sylvia-day
It was very preditable story. ~I know it was one of her first books and she didnt re-write it. But it is ok for a 25 page long book.

If this was written to be a longer book I think it would have been brillant. But unfortunley it wasn't. As you start getting into it the ending comes up.

If she had extended it and put a few twists into it, and really made Star fall for the guy then it could be a grand book.

Netanella
Apr 07, 2011 Netanella rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Another surprising well done short story that left me feeling happy and wanting more at the same time. The names are cheesy (Star and Roark), the setting is stellar, and the anatomy alien (she has spinal spikes that extract when aroused, he's green and in heat), but the story is well written. It would be nice to see a follow up short with the same two characters.
  • An Unwanted Hunger (V'KAR, #1)
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Eve of Warfare (Marked, #3.25)
  • Hidden by Blood (Sweetblood, #1.5)
  • Stolen Hearts
  • Out of the Box (On the Edge)
  • Emerald Green
  • Instructing Adam
  • Victoria Gardella: Vampire Slayer (The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #1.5)
  • I Witch
  • Just One Taste (The V V Inn, #0.5)
  • Rosemary & Mistletoe
  • Blindsight (Mirus, #1.3)
  • One Bite
  • Destiny by Design
  • Zane's Tale (Succubus Diaries, #2.5)
  • Heart On Fire (Werekind, #2.75)
  • Demon's Fall
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today, and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaDay and on Twitter @SylDay.
More about Sylvia Day...