Start by marking “Cheech The School Bus Driver” as Want to Read:
Cheech The School Bus Driver

Cheech The School Bus Driver

Why can't all bus drivers be as cool as Cheech? When the kids on the school bus decide to enter the Battle of the Bands, no one is more excited than Cheech. On the big day, they all pile into the bus and get ready to groove! But when they arrive, they find they're the only mariachi band in the whole contest--and the rock and roll bands look awesome! In this zany story by b ...more
Published July 1st 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 26th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cheech The School Bus Driver, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cheech The School Bus Driver

Cheech Marin of Cheech and Chong tries writing a picture book story. It isn't bad, but it isn't spectacular. As a school bus driver, Cheech leads the kids of his school as they take their mariachi band to compete in a rock competition. In the unlikely way of most kids books, the mariachi band beets out all of the rock bands.

The pictures are bright and fun with a lot of them devoted to head shots of cheech's animated character looking shocked.
May 02, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This is a fun book that emphasizes being true to yourself, despite what's popular. This moralistic tale isn't too heavy handed, and the various bands highlighted at the battle of the bands are very funny. Our girls enjoyed this book and I enjoyed seeing something from Cheech Marin that was G-rated. My memories of him are pretty "hazy."
I was worried when I saw this! the librarian assured me it was a good read, I agree! cheech stays true to his roots of being scatter brained- parents may get a kick out of it.
The story isn't the most thrilling thing ever, but I do find it hilarious that Cheech Marin wrote a kiddie book. I do like the band that dressed up like spiders.
Jamie rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2009
Crystal rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2016
Erica rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2012
Dayna rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2009
Faith rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2009
Carrie Charley Brown
Carrie Charley Brown rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2014
Brian rated it it was ok
May 01, 2012
Mollie B
Aug 10, 2016 Mollie B rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Silly book for kids of all ages. Cheecharones.
Billythesquidkid rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2012
Angela rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2008
Nicole Nikki
Nicole Nikki rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2014
Joe rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2015
Becca rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2009
Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin is an American comedian and actor who gained recognition as part of the comedy act Cheech & Chong during the 1970s and early 1980s, and as Don Johnson's quick-and-scheme partner, Insp. Joe Dominguez on Nash Bridges.
More about Cheech Marin...