Start by marking “You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1)” as Want to Read:
You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry, #1)

You Are So Undead to Me (Megan Berry #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,458 ratings  ·  251 reviews
Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means sheas part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues. All Megan wants is to be normalaand go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, itas a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.

Things are about to get even more complicated for
Published January 22nd 2009 by Turtleback Books

To ask other readers questions about You Are So Undead to Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are So Undead to Me

Kat Kennedy
Don't judge me for giving this three stars.

Yes, the heroine was painfully stupid.

Yes, the romance was corny.

But... ZOMBIES, people! ZOMBIES!

And it was funny and imaginative at times and...

ZOMBIES!!!!!!!
Rachael
All Megan Berry wants is a normal life, but since she’s a Settler by birth, it’s her job to send Undead back to their final resting place, the grave. And even is her powers did lapse for a few years, giving her just a taste of normalcy, they return stronger than ever when fifteen-going-on-sixteen Megan is just about to go on a date with the hottest guy in school. And now that Megan has her Settler powers back, her chances of going to homecoming and making the pom squad are severely diminished, e ...more
~Tina~
I've never really been too big on the whole Zombie-eating-world paranorm, but as far as Zombies books go, this one was really cute, fun and entertaining.

Megan Berry thought dealing with the unsettled was done and over with since she lost her powers 5 years ago, but the very much undead boy on her front porch looking for some closure is very much real and clearly Megan's powers are back from retirement and totally ruining her social life...

You Are So Undead to Me was a really quick, fun and light
Kristi
Stacey Jay made my first exposure to the wonderful world of zombie literature a fun one! I always think of Michael Jackson’s Thriller video when I think of zombies. Not that has any significance for this review, but I just felt like throwing that out there, because that’s how I kept imagining the zombies when I was reading this novel. I thought the whole Settler society was a very interesting and unique! And Jay does a remarkable job depicting it.

I was expecting a darker theme, but it ended up
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Allison Fraclose for TeensReadToo.com

Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry thought that she'd been rid of the Settler gig forever. Ever since the zombies attacked her at the age of ten, she hasn't been expected to continue interviewing the regular, nonthreatening undead to help them settle their worldly affairs so they could quietly go back to the grave.

But now, dead guys are showing up on her doorstep again, and even though Megan's Settler powers have returned full-force, picking up the job
Brittney
Ehhh...after an ending like that, I can't give this book one star. I am too much of a hopeless romantic. I'm telling you it gets me every time.

Overall this book was too young for me. I love YA and I can read books set for even younger audiences, but this one was too much. It was fairly predictable and the MC was (what did my status update say) "immature and painfully annoying." I think that pretty much sums it up. I had a hard time looking past that aspect of the book to really think about anyt
Carolina Riojas
Yay! Yay! Yay! Zombies!
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
WOW... I was frustrated for a little while there at the juvenile aspects but when it was all said and done, color me content. Yes, it is a high school story (after all the MC is a 15-almost-16 girl) but it's done really well. True to the chracaters ages, but not reminding me of my own teenager so much I want to throttle the book.

I would totally feel comfortable giving this to a pre-teen to read. There are references to alcohol and sex, but it's really nearly as clean as an after-school special..
Amber
I've never been a huge zombie fan. The whole undead-moaning-slobbering things has never been my cup of tea. Like many reads over the past year, I'm reaching outside my comfort zone and giving zombies more of a try. I thought this book would be a little darker and a little more serious, but it turned out to be an actual fun, witty, and light hearted one that I enjoyed.

Megan has a great young teenage voice. She just wants to live a normal life, but it's kind of hard when the undead keep showing up
Alyssa
Megan is a powerful zombie settler who recently comes into her powers once more after suppressing them following a traumatizing encounter with reanimated corpses (RCs) as a child. The reemergence of her powers wreaks havoc on her blossoming social life, in which she's dating the school's cutest boy and pursuing a spot on the pom squad. Afterall, what teenage girl wants to be dealing with zombies instead of going on dates and dancing?

On top of the return of her powers, Megan must find out how to
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
This is SUCH a fun and cute read!

Megan Berry is a Zombie 'settler'. Basically she helps the undead settle into the afterlife.

"Welcome to your after-death session. My name is Megan. May I have your name, last name first?" -Megan doing her opening spiel.

Megan has been out of the zombie settling game for 5 years, when suddenly- right before her date with Mr. HOT senior Josh- a zombie shows up at her door ringing the doorbell.

Here's the deal. Once the zombie tells the settler whatever it is that
Sam
Megan Berry is a 16 year old Zombie Settler- this means dead people with issues come back from the grave and find her to vent their frustrations. She had a reprieve after some major issues a few years ago, but it appears that her powers are coming back full force. In fact, Megan may be the strongest Settler around. Naturally, this has some major impacts on her personal life; it's hard to keep a boyfriend or go to the homecoming dance when there are dead people looking for you on a regular basis. ...more
Johanna
You Are So Undead To Me
(Megan Berry Book #1)
by Stacey Jay

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Young Adult

Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally. Fifteen-year-old Megan is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues. And things are about to get even worse. Someone at school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies and it's up to Megan to stop the zombie apocalypse...
Studying her Settler textbo
Abbie
Life is never normal when you're job is to help the Undead resolve their unfinished business. Add in Homecoming, boys, fellow rivals, and an evil necromancer and what do you have? Megan Berry's teenage life.

My thoughts:
So I've never really been a zombie fan, but this book was unique and funny enough that I actually enjoyed parts of it. Zombies showing up on your doorstep sound like a pretty funny (and scary) experience. The plot was good. I mean, who could resist magic, mystery, and romance?

But
Annabelle
Even the cover of this book reminds me of the movie poster for Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
I LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
So, logically, I loved this book. Meguffy (as I will refer to her from now on) is hilarious and witty and brave. Despite things usually not going her way and her tendency to get into big time trouble, she never gives up. Plus, she doesn't let people push her around, which is probably my favorite personality trait. She's a great heroine in her own clumsy yet not-so-clumsy way.
Th
Penny
Sep 21, 2011 Penny rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who enjoyed Paranormalcy and/or loves YA UF featuring zombies
Recommended to Penny by: Audible
I listened to this audiobook forever ago. Not sure why I never got around to listing it here. 3.5 stars. This book is a fun YA UF. If you liked Paranormalcy you'll probably enjoy You Are So Undead To Me.

About the narrator, Jessica Almasy's performance: I think they got the right narrator for this book. She's got the right voice for a teenage girl which, for whatever reason, is pretty rare when it comes to audiobooks. Pitch-perfect performance.

P.S. If you've got an audible membership you can pu
Alley Kat
In Stacey Jay's novel, You Are So Undead to Me, main character, Megan, finds her Settler powers returning after the night five years ago, where they disappeared. This means taking on responsibility once again, possibly ruining her sophomore experience.

So I guess we're back to whiny, pathetic, and stupid female main characters? Megan was horrible. She really was. She was stupid and whiny and really couldn't do anything right. This book was boring, up until the big event at the end when you finall
Erin
Sometimes you need to read a light and fluffy book. This book is so cute that you want to cuddle with it all night long. I literally read it in one sitting, which is something that I don't do very often.

I laughed, I got butterflies in my tummy from Megan and Ethan's relationship, and I speculated about who was the bad guy... girl??? I do have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised that the mystery of this story had me guessing and I didn't predict all of it.

I am very excited for the sequel com
Simona
Táto kniha je padnutá na hlavu... doslova. Sledovať myšlienkové pochody Megan je neskutočná zábava :D TO, ako menila názory zo strany na stranu bolo neuveriteľné, ale i takí sú ľudia, no nie? :) Práve táto kniha je dôvodom, pre ktorý som na koniec knihe Bad Tasste in Boys znížila hodnotenie o 1*. Čakala som od nej čosi podobné, ako to bolo pri You are so undead to me a nedočkala som sa toho. A napriek tomu, že Megan Berry zo mňa vymámila len 3* ide o podarenú knihu, ktorá sa perfektne hodí na st ...more
Hazellie
I liked the book, I liked the writing, I liked (some of) the characters, but I'm stuck on one detail which really doesn't make sense to me.

Why don't the adults who have kids hold on to their power? They pass the power on to their kids and lose their own. Why? And how would that make sense, seeing that the Settlers only attract undead close to their age? Think about it... how many potentially undead children and teenagers are there compared to middle-aged and older people?

If being a Settler is
Hannah
Well this book was a disappointment. Unlike bowties, this book was NOT cool.
The biggest problem I had was Megan. Maybe I have a thing against main characters in zombie books whose names start with m, but I hated Megan almost as much as I hated Mary in The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. Megan was just so annoying and shallow and all around awful. She's just so OBSESSED with boys and pom squad when THERE IS SO MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS happening. Perspective! Get some! She was just so
Kerste
Nov 21, 2010 Kerste rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: morbid mature 13 year olds
Recommended to Kerste by: Heather
Okay I upgraded my rating to 2 stars because I was actually able to finish it, but this heroine, Megan Berry...VERY ANNOYING. Worse than Bella Swan and I didn't think that was possible. The whole book was painful at best. The internal chatter (and distractability) HORRIBLE. This is another author who solves a mystery with in an unsolvable way. I HATE that. And the epiphany is ridiculous.

She may be prolific, but I doubt I'll read her again.
Becky
I really liked this book. I wish I could do 3.5 stars here on Goodreads. It was cute. It was silly, it was zombies. I will read the other 2 books that are out in the series so far.

I really liked the take the author took on "unsettled" and the difference between the violent reanimated corpses that did the flesh eating. It was unique.

I would recommend this for a quick fun read, probably not for a serious Zombie book lover.
Amy Grieve
This is only my second zombie book, and I am already falling in love with the genre.

Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler and she isn't too keen on it. All she wants is to get on the pom squad and get a hot date to homecoming, but when the Undead start crashing in on her life things get messy. What a girl do?

After reading Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris, I was really looking for another Zombie that wasn't gross but a book that was humorous and witty. And I found it!

You Are So Undead to Me kept me o
Jenne
This was a cute quick read. The MC Megan is very young and it shows at the start of the book. It does manage to come together though. Definitely wasn't an issue for me by the end. The narrator was good and manages to convey that teenage sass through the book. All in all a good book!
Sami
Love Zombies. Love Ethan. Love Stacey Jay (she's sooo nice!)
Carrie-Anne
Megan is an almost-16-year-old, extremely powerful zombie settler, which means she helps people settle their unfinished business from beyond the grave. She has only recently come back into her powers after a super traumatizing experience with reanimated corpses 5 years ago made her forget all about her powers and the super cute, older boy who saved her life. The return of her powers really put quite a hindrance on her plans of going on dates the school quarterback, Josh Pickle, and pursuing a sp ...more
Katie
You Are So Undead To Me is the cutest zombie book I have ever read. The romance of it completely balanced out the crazy zombies and made it super enjoyable. It was a quick read and also a great one.

Megan Berry is a Settler of the Undead or at least she was before and attack changed her life. It's been five years since that night and her powers seem to be returning. For everybody but Megan, it's a great thing. Megan just wants to be a normal teenager and find a date for the homecoming dance but a
May 02, 2010 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jennifer by: jennsicurella@verizon.net
I read Undead Much?, the sequel to You Are So Undead to Me, first. Knowing the outcome of the mystery effected my enjoyment of this book. Having said that, You Are So Undead to Me is still so very fun.

Megan is constantly in danger because she refuses to listen to those who are trying to keep her safe. It's annoying. She's always walking into a trap because she knows better than her elders. While this is very true to the actions your average teenage girl, it still made me want to slap some sense
April
“My cell rang at ten till six. Jess was talking before I could even say hello.

‘So what are you wearing, the dress or the butt jeans?’ she asked, sounding nearly as breathless as I felt.

This was it: the first night of the rest of my life, the beginning of my social ascension at Carol High School. Pom squad tryouts were a couple of weeks away, but it looked like I was going to be accepted into the ranks of the trendy and gorgeous even before I was issued my official Cougar Pride dance team unifor
YA Buddy Readers'...: You Are So Undead to Me By Stacey Jay --> 7/26 12 10 Jul 28, 2013 01:06AM
Is this your typical zombie book 2 10 Dec 26, 2012 02:20PM
  • Zombie Queen of Newbury High
  • Never Slow Dance With a Zombie
  • I Kissed a Zombie, and I Liked It
  • Zombie Blondes
  • Kiss of Life (Generation Dead, #2)
  • Give Up the Ghost
  • Bad Taste in Boys (Kate Grable, #1)
  • Bite Me! (Bite Me, #1)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Zombies Don't Cry (Living Dead Love Story, #1)
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • Reign or Shine (Demon Princess #1)
  • Dead Is the New Black (Dead Is, #1)
  • Secrets of Truth and Beauty
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Shadowed Summer
  • The School For Dangerous Girls
  • Queen of the Dead (The Ghost and the Goth, #2)
Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real ...more
More about Stacey Jay...

Megan Berry (2 books)
  • Undead Much (Megan Berry, #2)
Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1) Of Beast and Beauty Dead on the Delta (Annabelle Lee, #1) Romeo Redeemed (Juliet Immortal, #2) Princess of Thorns

“It was like watching an angsty hormone-fueled train wreck and firmly cemented my resolve to be at least twenty-five before I considered getting hitched.” 4 likes