Start by marking “The Twig Trilogy (Edge Chronicles #1-3): Includes Beyond the Deepwoods, Stormchaser & Midnight Over Sanctaphrax” as Want to Read:

The Twig Trilogy (Edge Chronicles #1-3): Includes Beyond the Deepwoods, Stormchaser & Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (The Edge Chronicles #1-3)

4.42  ·  Rating Details  ·  475 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
A fantastic hardcover edition of the Twig trilogy of THE EDGE CHRONICLES: Beyond the Deepwoods; Stormchaser; and Midnight Over Sanctaphrax.
Beyond the Deepwoods
The story of young Twig’s quest to discover his roots, not among the trees in Deepwoods, but high in the skies.

Stormchaser
Now a crew-member on his father’s sky pirate ship, the Stormchaser, Twig’s dreams of explorati
Published October 2nd 2007 by Doubleday UK (first published October 2nd 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Twig Trilogy (Edge Chronicles #1-3), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Twig Trilogy (Edge Chronicles #1-3)

Mortal Engines by Philip ReeveHoles by Louis SacharHis Dark Materials by Philip PullmanThe Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisA Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
Best of UKMG Fiction
57th out of 112 books — 33 voters
The Goblin Wars by Stuart ThamanDrenai Tales by David GemmellImperial Guard Omnibus by Steve LyonsDragonlance Chronicles by Margaret WeisThe Garrett Files by Glen Cook
Sci-Fi & Fantasy Omnibi
40th out of 100 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Mara S.
Jan 05, 2016 Mara S. rated it did not like it
The Edge Chronicles should come with a warning. Caution: this series contains reminders that life isn't fair, and in the grand scheme of things, every endeavor is futile. Enjoy the illustrations.

I picked up these books because they were in the children's fantasy section of the library and looked like a fun, easy read. "Oh, a boy raised by woodtrolls!" I read on the back. "How whimsical! I bet this will be a pleasant diversion from my woe-begotten life."

WRONG. DEAD FREAKING WRONG.

This trilogy is
Evelyn
Feb 08, 2015 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
I recall of simpler times when I was a young girl. I considered myself very adventurous with a spiraling and vivid imagination. Shockingly enough I was not a Harry Potter fan at all. The premise itself bored me: a tale of a young boy who attends a school of witchcraft and wizardry. School. Ew. Apparently my younger self was not content in reading fantasy genres where the protagonist is plotted in confined spaces.

Please, give me Edge Chronicles anyday my younger self would say. Sorry, I really d
Vanya
Aug 15, 2013 Vanya rated it it was amazing
I would be lying if I said I was an 'old school' Edge chronicles fan, nor if I said I only discovered them recently...
Heres my story in how I got into the series.. (scroll down to read the review, some spoliers)
On the 15th April 2002, (my 8th Birthday) I was given my very first 'proper' book novel.
Beyond the Deepwoods! Given to me by my secret primary school crush. I hesitated to open it. Dazed and hypnotized by the exciting front cover. I used to stare at it for hours, observing the mark-makin
William Robinson
Dec 29, 2014 William Robinson rated it it was amazing
Easily one of the most incredible worlds ever created by an author. Augmented with illustrations.
Sparkly Unicorns
gggggggggggggggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd
Lance
Oct 05, 2015 Lance rated it really liked it
Great book that i loved as a kid
Lena
Jan 03, 2012 Lena rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I absolutely loved The Twig Trilogy. Since I do not have a physical copy of this series, I cannot give a satisfying review. The world-building is amazing in the Edge Chronicles. Paul Stewart created a world that I have never seen before. All the places and adventures Twig goes on are fantastical. You just have to read the book to see all the places, species, and customs of this world. Everything was beautifully woven together. I don't want to give any spoilers, but this book's world-building is ...more
Becky
Apr 08, 2011 Becky rated it did not like it
Shelves: worst-books
This was probably one of the worst books I have ever read. It was the gross that I actually ended up skipping parts. I mean, disgusiting gross. It was revolting. Also the authour didn't describe any of the characters. The author just started talking about them and nobody had any idea what was going on! It didn't make sense either. My mum bought the book for me when I was 9 and I only read it last year. I would not recommed this book to anyone but if you like being grossed out and almost sick... ...more
Cee
Dec 20, 2011 Cee rated it it was amazing
I read this when I was a little girl and I still flip through it from time to time.

It's really imaginative and the characters are realistic and likable. There's a lot of action and some violence,but nothing worse than what's already on tv. Also, it's not one of those "the good guys always come through" kind of books so you never know what's going to happen.

I think a lot of kids (especially boys) would enjoy this.

Hannah
Mar 07, 2008 Hannah rated it really liked it
Wonderfully imaginative. Offers a fantasy that can be both out of this world, yet strangely and comfortably familiar. I enjoyed reading all three books, as well as the various others in the Edge Chronicles.
Yasmina Habbal
Aug 08, 2015 Yasmina Habbal rated it it was ok
The story itself is great.. But the writing, the details and the descriptions are not good at all.. Sets you off the reading itself unfortunately
Jeremy
Aug 31, 2011 Jeremy rated it really liked it
while it was an easy read (a couple hours per story), the story itself was highly enjoyable with memorable characters. It's a must read for anyone who enjoys fantasy/action.
Fenoose
Jun 16, 2008 Fenoose rated it really liked it
Very interesting story. The series (as you get into the later books) has a fantastical political feel. Thats what I thought although it is not very obvious.
Natalie
Apr 10, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it
Good books. Kind of young for me, but a quick and easy read. I think I would have found them a bit more exciting if I was younger
Bailey Lorraine
Aug 04, 2013 Bailey Lorraine rated it it was amazing
I loved this set of books. I still do. they are my childhood companions and i still read them till this day.
Sam
Dec 29, 2011 Sam added it
this book is amazing! very easy to understand and overall a great book!:-)
William
Apr 30, 2012 William rated it liked it
Good but very long. Lots of different things to remember. Try's your memory.
Commander Gree
Nov 28, 2008 Commander Gree rated it really liked it
abidit!abidit!abidit!good book!

-porky pig
April
Mar 06, 2009 April rated it really liked it
This is a fun series, the boys LOVED it. Lots of fun characters.
Uschi Lichter
Jan 27, 2014 Uschi Lichter rated it it was amazing
Incredible book. One of the best I have ever read!
Fito Contartese
Fito Contartese rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2016
Ben Christie
Ben Christie marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Cathy Higgins
Cathy Higgins rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
NikiSpade
NikiSpade marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Tobi Grantham
Tobi Grantham rated it really liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Decimus Carter
Decimus Carter rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2016
Ariel
Ariel marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2016
Mette Rames
Mette Rames rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Emelia Hutchinson
Emelia Hutchinson marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
Sarah K
Sarah K rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2016
Great book 4 11 Feb 07, 2012 11:48PM
  • Cirque Du Freak Boxed Set #2 (Cirque Du Freak, #5-8)
  • Unicorn Being a Jerk
  • Maggot Pie (Jiggy Mc Cue Story)
  • Celeste
  • Drop Zone (Drop Zone #1)
  • My Most Secret Desire
  • Celandine (Touchstone Trilogy, #2)
  • Cowboys and Aliens
  • Operation Red Jericho (The Guild of Specialists,  #1)
  • The Graphic Design Exercise Book: Creative Briefs to Enhance Your Skills and Develop Your Portfolio
  • Before We Get Started: A Practical Memoir of the Writer's Life
  • The Keys To The Kingdom Collection: Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday, Drowned Wednesday, Sir Thursday, Lady Friday, Superior Saturday, Lord Sunday
  • Lionboy
  • Return to Firetop Mountain (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #16)
  • When Dinosaurs Die: A Guide to Understanding Death
  • Talisman of Death (Fighting Fantasy: Reissues 1, #24)
  • Iced
  • Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Boxed Set
Paul Stewart is a writer of children's books, best known for the bestselling The Edge Chronicles, the Free Lance novels and the Far Flung Adventures series among others. Many of his books are illustrated by Chris Riddell. Paul Stewart lives in the Seaside town Brighton with his wife and children.
-----------------------------------
From Wikipedia: Paul Stewart (writer). (2008, September 18). In Wiki
More about Paul Stewart...

The Edge Chronicles (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Beyond the Deepwoods (Edge Chronicles, #1)
  • Stormchaser (The Edge Chronicles, #2)
  • Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (Edge Chronicles, #3)
  • The Curse of the Gloamglozer (The Edge Chronicles, #4)
  • The Last of the Sky Pirates (Edge Chronicles, #5)
  • Vox (Edge Chronicles, #6)
  • Freeglader (Edge Chronicles, #7)
  • The Winter Knights (Edge Chronicles, #8)
  • Clash of the Sky Galleons (The Edge Chronicles, #9)
  • The Immortals (the Edge Chronicles, #10)