Start by marking “Curious George Makes Pancakes” as Want to Read:
Curious George Makes Pancakes

Curious George Makes Pancakes (Curious George New Adventures)

4.27  ·  Rating Details ·  3,956 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
Every year, George and the man with the yellow hat attend a pancake breakfast to benefit the children s hospital. Always curious, George finds his way to the pancake table and helps out. After making some of the most interesting pancakes the crowd has ever seen, George gets into even more monkey mischief!"
Published April 21st 2008 by Harcourt Brace and Company (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Curious George Makes Pancakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Curious George Makes Pancakes

Logan
Mar 19, 2015 Logan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George Makes Pancakes is a children’s book about an interesting monkey and his owner. Together they go to the annual pancake breakfast fundraiser. The money raised goes to the children’s hospital. George makes blueberry pancakes and the people love them. There is a huge line just for pancakes made by a monkey. George takes the man helping him through the rest of the event. George ends up in the dunk tank and makes so much money he receives the honor of presenting the money to the hospita ...more
Jesse  heinz
Jan 07, 2016 Jesse heinz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot
This book have a lot of people in it. George is a very Curious monkey and gets in a lot trouble in most of the book. George decided he wanted to cook some pancakes. So he decided to put blueberries on the pancakes when the cook wasn’t looking. George ended up cooking the pancakes and people couldn’t believe it because they had been coming to this event for years and have never seen pancakes like that before.

Nephew's Response
My nephew like the book because the monkey got in a lot of trouble.
Bethany Vines
Since I have always been a Curious George fan, I thought that Curious George Makes Pancakes was a fun read. It tells about a day that Curious George goes to a fundraiser with the man that he stays with. At this fundraiser there is a chef making pancakes. At first, George slips a few blueberries into the man's pancakes. When they become a true hit, George takes over and fixes all of the pancakes. In the end, George being curious makes the fundraiser a huge success and they ask him to come back fo ...more
Samantha
This is such a great book. Who doesn't love pancakes! Curious George tried to help out by making pancakes at the Pancake Breakfast in the park. He gets in trouble because monkeys aren't supposed to be cooking. This book shows step by step how to poor the batter and cook pancakes. It would be great for teaching sequencing. In the end the everyone loves Georges blueberry pancakes and the mayor thanks him.
Sheila
Oct 10, 2009 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George does it again! His curiousity is a good thing this time though! The story is full of lots of great opportunities for discussions of new vocabulary (such as fundraiser, charity, mayor, etc). Also, it would be a great opener to a fun activity with pancakes! (Ex: You could do a math activity with measuring by making pancakes as a class or the kids could cut out paper pancakes and use them to do math facts!)
Bridget
We all like the Curious George books. Probably because my little boys remind me of Curious George with all of his inquistiveness and mischief.

We have this book sitting out in the kitchen to make the pancakes that Curious George made in the book. The recipe is on the back.

We found this book at Walmart for $3.00. :)

(Have 2 copies)
I once worked with a young autistic boy who was couldn't get enough of Curious George. This one kept him in stitches as George, predictably, created quite a headache at the pancake breakfast.
Sonya
This book contains an easy breezy recipe in the back, that kids can make with their families!
Sheila
Sep 18, 2011 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Continued fun adventures of Curious George, as he helps make pancakes at a charity breakfast.
Shelley
May 06, 2009 Shelley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
perfect for reading after making your toddler some pancakes...
Rachel Messel
One of our favorite "George" books
Heather
Feb 17, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
20 months - it's a book about cooking and food... Need I say more of course you liked it!
Beverly
Sep 26, 2010 Beverly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-g-has-read
i can't explain it. She never tires of hearing this story.
Judy
Jan 03, 2013 Judy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
a fun read and my kids think its great and always want pancakes the way george makes them :)
One more, please!
Jan 15, 2017 One more, please! rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I've come by a Curious George book that my kids haven't enjoyed yet. This one was no exception.
Alexis Munk
This book is adorable. I love Curious George and who doesn't love pancakes? I think it is a cute way to show that you can try and do anything you set your mind too. Curious George had never made pancakes and he wanted to try.
Brenda  Roman
Dec 01, 2014 Brenda Roman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Curious George makes Pancakes by H.A Rey, illustrated by Vipah Interactive, George woke up extra early to make pancakes and raise money. Curious George is never patient and leaves the man with the yellow hat when he asks him to stay. The man in the griddle was making pancakes and George helped him without him knowing. The griddle man needed an assistant and Curious George was just the help he needed. Until a man came and scared George away.

Everyone knows Curious George is a monkey who loves doi
Bernadette Green
I love George! He represents the curiousness of children along with sharing the possible consequences of acting upon this curiosity. He also is very mannerly. He does not do things out of disobedience, but out of curiosity. He also receives correction well and does not throw a tantrum. His underlying motivation is generally just to be helpful.
George is attending the annual pancake breakfast with the man with the yellow hat. George notices that the cook making the pancakes is working alone &
Daniele
Jul 16, 2013 Daniele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this book, Curious George once again gets into trouble, but not intentionally. He and the Man in the Yellow Hat attend a fundraiser pancake breakfast. George livens things up by making fantastic blueberry pancakes, as well as playing in the dunk tank.

One of the great things about Curious George books are the predictable beginnings and endings. All of the stories involve George stumbling into a situation and making a mess of things. In real life, it would be unacceptable, but in these books, i
Angie
Dec 02, 2014 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis: "Every year George and the Man with the Yellow Hat attend the pancake breakfast to benefit the children’s hospital. Always curious, George finds his way to the pancake table. After making some of the most interesting pancakes the crowd has ever seen, George gets into even more monkey mischief."

My Review: This was a great book for Munchkin, he loves George and he loves pancakes, a perfect combination. When we read this book we made it an event, he got to help make them like George (incl
Leah Robinson
Mar 06, 2013 Leah Robinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Who knew monkeys could make pancakes? This fun and interactive book, is a great choice to have in your classroom. As kids are curious, they will love to follow George and his adventures. Although this book has a lot of words, and could be used with older readers, it could also be used with young readers because of the pictures. The illustrations are bright and colorful and will pull in any reader. Students could have fun reading the pictures, and guessing what will happen next. For this reason I ...more
Bryonna Potter
Apr 02, 2014 Bryonna Potter rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: author
Hans Augusto Rey was born on September 16, 1898, in Hamburg, Germany. He grew up there near the world-famous Hagenbeck Zoo, and developed a lifelong love for animals and drawing. Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein also known to most of the world as Margret Rey, was also born in Hamburg. The two met when Margret was a young girl, before she left to study art. As a married couple with a fascinating story of adventure in their own life, the Reys created one of the most well-loved characters in children’ ...more
Sherry Thornberry
Why do kids love monkeys? who knows but they do. Curious George is up to his old antics in this book. Poor monkey always gets in trouble but he is usually just being curious or just trying to help. This time though he gets recognized for the work he does in helping with the hospital pancake breakfast fund raiser. Finally George catches a break!
Marilyn Johnson
taking the most out of what this book has to offer children many many things can be learned or applied to life. Curious George is a fun book that does crazy things yet is told what is correct and incorrect as the story unfolds. Many children who read these books have their eyes open to what is okay and what is deemed incorrect in our society.
Rosa Cline
Feb 21, 2015 Rosa Cline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids
This was a classic Curious George, I loved it as a child and those memories came back as I read it to my special needs teen age son that loves Curious George. George goes to a fair that was having a pancake b'fast. He helps out since after all he has four hands... and then he gets accidentally in the dunking tank. Making the fund raiser the biggest they've ever had.
Sa Ho
Every year, Curious George, an interesting monkey, and his owner starts a pancake breakfast fundraiser. The money raised goes to the children's hospital. How kind they are!
I learned from this story that good thoughts and good words are not enough, I also have to do good. This is a great book for everybody to read.
Alison Durbin
This book was alright. The story was fine and the illustrations were nice. I understand why kids enjoy Curious George, and I don't see a reason for them to not enjoy this book. It's a quick read for younger readers, and it's a character that most everyone knows.
Jasmin Cruz
I really liked this book because all children are curious and they may think that they are doing the right thing but adults may take it the wrong way. thins book will teach the children that before they do something, they should ask if it is ok.
Dave
Feb 05, 2010 Dave rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A bit pedestrian, in my humble opinion. Not quite the character development a Rey achieved in "Curious George Rides a Bike," but better than "Curious George Flies a Kite." Bottom line: a must-read for the George-aphiles out there.
Connie Lyle
This story could be a great carry over to dramatic play and cooking activities making pancakes. This story also helps children learn about giving and helping others even if you don't get anything in return.
  • Curious George and the Rocket
  • Clifford's Family
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Friends
  • Biscuit Goes to School
  • Franklin Goes to School
  • Arthur Babysits (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • The Best Mouse Cookie
  • Little Critter Storybook Collection
  • Corduroy Lost and Found
  • The Great Turkey Race
Margret Elizabeth Rey (May 16, 1906 – December 21, 1996), born Margarete Elisabeth Waldstein, was (with her husband H. A. Rey), the co-author and illustrator of children's books, best known for their Curious George

Although she was born in Germany, she fled to Brazil early in her life to escape Nazism. While there, she met her future husband Hans (who was a salesman and also from Germany). They mar
More about Margret Rey...

Curious George New Adventures (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Curious George Goes to the Aquarium