Start by marking “The Phantom of the Bathtub” as Want to Read:
The Phantom of the Bathtub

The Phantom of the Bathtub

3.41 of 5 stars 3.41  ·  rating details  ·  155 ratings  ·  28 reviews
A LOVE TRIANGLE . . . IN A BATHTUB???

When Viveca Stanhope fled a scandalous past in San Francisco to make a new life for herself in Victorian Savannah, little did she know she'd be landing in a Southern Gothic version of Spook City. From the sexy ghost in her bathtub to the werewolf howling outside her window, Hangman's House is indeed a fright! And Viveca's Nightmare on L
Mass Market Paperback, 369 pages
Published August 1st 2006 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about The Phantom of the Bathtub, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phantom of the Bathtub

Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie KinsellaThe Undomestic Goddess by Sophie KinsellaEdible Delectables by Amy WisemanBet Me by Jennifer CrusieA Little Bit Cupid by Jennifer Shirk
Cute and quick romance novels.
282nd out of 357 books — 150 voters
A Certain Slant of Light by Laura WhitcombOn Grace by Susie Orman SchnallMy Fake Wedding by Mina FordMadame Mirabou's School of Love by Barbara SamuelEnvy by Gregg Olsen
Bathtubs on the Cover
8th out of 31 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Kath
Looking for something a little different, well you have come to the right book. This was a wonderful story, mysterious, exciting, funny, passionately Hot, with a great storyline. Very well written, kept me turning the page and reading late into the night.
I can highly recommend, and I plan to read more from this fabulous author.
Elizabeth
Finally! A romance novel that does the genre justice! Don't let the cute cover fool you, this book was quite frightening at some parts. I'm the girl who screams while watching scary movies, so maybe I'm not the best judge, but I enjoyed all the goosebumps. It was hard to tell if I kept the light on because I had to keep reading, or because I was scared. The plot was very interesting, and executed well. There were a bunch of characters in this book, definitely more than your average romance, but ...more
Sandy Lo
This is the first historical romance I have read. I bought this book for the ghostly factor, but got a sweet romance out of it as well. An interesting read!
Deanna Anderson
Cute book, lots of eroticism that I wasn't really expecting but guess I should have. But, it was not so over-bearing that it ruined the book. And, this book has the ending you'd expect and hope for. Loved the paranormal activity intermingled into it and that it was set in the past. Also, having been to Savannah GA, I loved reading about it from the perspective of 1896. And, the author is correct when she has the character Hilda talk about hauntings: Savannah is rich with, and proud of, their hau ...more
Kimberly Karalius
It took ENTIRELY too long for me to be convinced that Maxwell was a good guy. He was despicable for so long, without a redeemable quality in sight, until the end of the book. And "smiling nastily" all the time did not help matters. The paranormal aspect was pretty interesting, even though we don't find out why the "phantom of the bathtub" is haunting Viveca until, again, the end. That's a long time to stretch out a predicable, kind-in-a-roundabout-way motive for that ghost.
Rebecca Fronckowiak
Great story

Great story

Ghosts and the living fighting for love and redemption.Great mix of characters from wronged mistress, to the voodoo housekeeper, to the rake next door. I enjoyed this thoroughly.
Tara Gabor
Not my "cup of tea," as people say. I should have known, but I thought this would be a light-hearted funny book. The writing was not bad, but the storyline, emphasis on sex and unrequited love, just is not what I look for in a good book. I read the entire book, but very quickly, skimming many passages. I could not finish this book fast enough. I don't enjoy giving two stars. Looking at my other ratings, people might think I never dislike a book, so I'm just being honest. The two stars were earne ...more
Silvia Sherriff
I give this 3.5 stars. I first got caught by the Title..funny. Then I got caught by the blurb. I must admit when I started reading I wasn't quiet as happy. But then I needed to know what was happening. There were so many hints and various ghost and the stories behind them that I just needed to read on to find out what would happen. At one point I thought that maybe Maxwell Beecher was a werewolf.....I was wrong! But you need to read the book to learn more.
For me it was an enjoyable read however
Kbee
I Loved It!! What a ride. Fast, easy and fun read. That house is what you could call a "full house" with the weird Jamaican housekeeper, the gypsy gardener(when he was gardening), the Spanish knife trowing houseboy, the old faithful servant, the gargoyle, spider cobwebs(that keep coming back) the bathtub that once reinstall didn't want to be taken out again and of course the ghosts. And outside there was more spooky things. All this wrapped up in a nice sweet romance. How can someone say it wasn ...more
Froggarita
The year is 1896. Viveca Stanhope moves into her new house, Hangman's House, a house that just happens to be haunted! Its haunted by the first owner Alex Fremont and he only seems to come out whenever Viveca is taking a bath and insists on joining her. Not only does Viveca have to deal with Alex but her arrogant neighbor Maxwell who she can't decide if she wants to strangle or kiss!
This book is a funny, sexy romp that was very enjoyable to read. I love the chemistry between Viveca and Maxwell. I
Jane
I got this because after reading the description I thought it would be a fun rom/com of a read.

I could not get into this book. I struggled to 40% before I gave up.

The writing was decent, up to that point there was just the hint of the supernatural drama that had good potential (things were just getting going) but when it came down to it I did not like the heroine one bit.
She had a stick up her butt and her attitude toward everything but her butler left me was so "woe is me" I got bored and so i
Heather
The Phantom of the Bathtub read like it was going to be a quick, fun read but boy was I mistaken! There's so much going on at times that I got quite confused - Axe swinging ghost, mists, strange animals, horrible servents, crazy neighbors.

Viveca left San Francisco for a new start in Savannah and got more than she bargained for when she bought an old house sight unseen. Crazy things start happening every night around midnight to not only her but her cad of a neighbor Max.
Jini
UPDATE 12-27-09:
Nope. Couldn't stand it anymore. If I could have given this less stars, I would have. I stopped at chapter seven and moved on to something more appealing. Life's too short to read crappy books.

ORIGINAL:
Not sure why I'm still reading this. It's a period romance, but it's fairly derogatory in the way the main character treats her servants. Yeah, yeah...that's how it was back then. Whatever. Still kind of uncomfortable to read.
Debbie Reeder
This book is much better than it's title. Set in haunted Savannah with a strong but disgraced woman as the main character. The book has romance comic relief and haunting. The only criticism I have is that the cad of a neighbor became a savior a little to easily, but that's just my opinion!
Evelyn Rivera
This was a free book from kindle so i gave it a shot. I would say that it was a nice romance story. I was fun, with full of passion. They only thing that I did not like was that the ghost of the lovers never told their story. They just said go wanted more from them.
Kyra Dunst
Right from the first chapter, Riley captivates the imagination. Viveca is a wonderful strong heroine, braver and more passionate than most. Max is a scoundrel, but with a soft side. Together, they are wickedly sinful.

I can't wait to read more from this author.
Regina
When seeing this book, you might think that it was another run of the mill romance novel.

Nope.

To a chicken like me, some of the hauntings were really terrifying, lol, but all in all, I highly recommend this book!
Kathy
Good, especially for a free Kindle book. Not quite the silly read I was expecting, and more sex, but well worth what I paid for it.
Clarke
2.5 stars. A lot of craziness happens but the actual story takes forever to build up. The ending however was very satisfying.
dksport03
Er- it was okay. Er- drive me nuts!!! I found it hard to finish, something was off. ER- cant put my finger on it.
Christine
Feb 23, 2013 Christine marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-the-book
I was checking Amazon for free books and came across this. The title made me laugh so I had to click "BUY"
Erica
Cute story with lots of laugh out loud moments, and wonderful characters.
Ginny Tata-Phillips
A haunted bathtub! Quite the imagination has Miss Eugenia!
Kimberly Dodd
I liked it. Had to finish it. Steamy romance :)
Brittany Quinn
Corissa
a fun romance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Another Dawn
  • Keep Me Ghosted (Sophie Rhodes Ghostly Romance #1)
  • Lords of Honor
  • My Savage Heart (McQuaid Trilogy #1)
  • Together Again (Book #4 Vicarage Bench Series)
  • Simply Heaven
  • Lady Iona's Rebellion
  • Unleashed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #1-3) (The MacLauchlan Berserkers, #1-3)
  • Pieces of Dreams
  • The Ghost of Squire House
  • To Tame A Dragon (The Reluctant Bride Collection, #2)
  • Midnight Lover
  • A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost
  • Jungle Inferno (Phoenix Agency, #1)
  • Defiant Impostor
  • What Wild Moonlight
  • Renegade Passion (Zodius, #2.5)
  • The Beginning (McKinnon Legends, #1 )

Eugenia Riley is the award-winning, bestselling author of dozens of historical, contemporary and time-travel romances, including A TRYST IN TIME, TEMPEST IN TIME, and TIMESWEPT BRIDE. She is a #1 Bestselling Author of Time Travel Romance at Amazon and Kindle. She has written for publishers including Avon, Bantam, Warner, Harlequin and Dorchester.

Eugenia is delighted to announce the launching of E
More about Eugenia Riley...
Tempest in Time Phantom in Time Timeswept Bride Bushwhacked Bride (Wink & A Kiss #2) Timeswept Baby