Start by marking “Mr. Newby's Revenge” as Want to Read:
Mr. Newby's Revenge

Mr. Newby's Revenge

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Tormented as a young boy, a man decides to settle the score and devises an intricate plan to get back at the one person who truly wronged him.
Published March 30th 2010 by Untreed Reads (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Newby's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Newby's Revenge

Karin Wollina
Apr 25, 2010 Karin Wollina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
that is a short story about a man who was unfortunate from the very beginning of his life and he never gave up. I really like the books by Ruth Sims and hope t5o find more
Excellent !
Elisa Rolle
With this story Ruth Sims achieved something almost unheard of; she wrote an entire novel in only 15 pages. The story of Mr. Newby who is seeking vengeance for a life of abuses lasts more or less 40 years, from his childhood spent in an orphanage, to his carefully planned life to achieve only one goal, to teach a lesson to a particular boy, now man, who Mr. Newby identifies with all the men and women who did him wrong.

This story has an ancient feeling, it reminds me the classics, like Dickens o
Ebook Addict Reviews
Wonderful book. Such unique twist and turns, you will not be disappointed in this short story. Ms. Sims is an exceptional author and delivers a story that will have you thinking twice about the person next to you on the street or the next stranger you are having a conversation with, and if these people you run into daily are sane or insane.

Cinderella
Diane
Aaargh! I got this as an eBook from my library, and it didn't say anything about it being a short story! I had to download a new reader, and when it showed 25 pages, I thought it was referring to the first CHAPTER. I was enjoying it, then revenge was taken, I was wondering what would happen in the rest of the book, and whoops! There WAS no 'rest of the book!'
Ruth Sims
An abandoned baby grows up to be a bullied boy and finally becomes a brilliantly devious man who gets even with the one who tormented him most. And he uses colored contacts and wet paper towels and kitty litter to do it.
Tamela
Wicked revenge >:)
Sheila
Sheila marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Evelien
Evelien marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2013
Alaska
Alaska marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Manowaris
Manowaris marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2011
miracle_fruit
miracle_fruit marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2010
Alina
Alina marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2010
Bryl Tyne
Bryl Tyne marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2010
Died May 8, 2014.

More about Ruth Sims...
The Phoenix Counterpoint: Dylan's Story Tom or An Improbable Tail Song on the Sand The Lawyer, the Ghost and the Cursed Chair