Start by marking “The Weeping Werewolf” as Want to Read:
The Weeping Werewolf

The Weeping Werewolf (Moongobble and Me #2)

In The Dragon of Doom, Moongobble successfully completed his first mighty task -- collecting the Golden Acorns of Alcoona. So now it's time for him to complete the second one. he must bring back a bottle containing the tears of the Weeping Werewolf! But werewolves are scary, dangerous creatures. How can Moongobble, a magician with a good heart but who's not much good at ma ...more
Published November 1st 2005 by Aladdin (first published April 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The Weeping Werewolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Weeping Werewolf

Kat  Hooper
Nov 14, 2011 Kat Hooper rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
ORIGINALLY POSTED AT Fantasy Literature.

Moongobble has been assigned his second task to prove he should be a magician: he must get a bottle of tears from the dreaded Weeping Werewolf who lives alone in the forest. Fortunately, Edward, Urk the toad, the Rusty Knight, and Fireball the Dragon are willing to help. When they find the Weeping Werewolf, everyone is in for a big surprise!

This charming little series of short children’s novels, beautifully narrated and enhanced with cute sound effects by
Cindy Gebo
Apr 30, 2012 Cindy Gebo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son loves these books. Full of adventure and magic. Silly magic at times. We read these together. :-)
Kristin
Nov 26, 2010 Kristin rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids, fantasy, series
Basic fantasy plot, but for younger readers who are just starting to read on their own. It's a good series for kids who like genre stories.
Miss Ryoko
Once again, job well done Mr. Coville. I'm really enjoying these books so far! My class loves them too! Win win!
Alexandra
Second in the series. I liked this one even better than the first story. Cute, non-scary story suitable for young children.

For Parents: If you object to wizards you won't like these.
Christine
My son just loves these books!!! What a nice break from Star Wars :)
Amanda Elders
Nov 08, 2016 Amanda Elders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Genre: Fantasy
Grade Level: Intermediate
I chose this book as one of my favorites because it allows you to go into a whole new world when you are reading and takes you on an adventure.
This book is all about the adventures of Edward and Moongobble in attempt to help Moongobble become a part of the Society of Magicians. Within my classroom I would use this book as an independent reading book. This book will allow students to go into a world of their own while reading this book and just imagine wha
Esmoi
I remember enjoying books by this author when I was a child (My Teacher is an Alien, etc.) I picked this one up at the library thinking it might be a good chapter book to read aloud to my preschooler. The book is quite short and is illustrated throughout.

The story begins in medias res with a bullying episode wherein the main character is harassed for his fatherlessness. Diving immediately into themes of conflict tends to make my son apprehensive. He needs a little time to get to know the charac
Janice
Moongooble is a Magician without the approval to practice in his village. Because he failed the test, he must now complete three tasks. In this the second book, Moongooble with his young friend, Edward, must get tears from the weeping werewolf. They travel to the Forest of Night and ignoring all warnings to avoid the forest, search for the weeping werewolf. They get their jar of tears and then ask why the werewolf is so sad. He was turned into a werewolf by a mean witch because he didnt' have an ...more
Candi Thomas
Feb 27, 2014 Candi Thomas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My son loves Xbox, not reading. Until he found this book. This is the first book that he willingly picked up on his own each day, waiting to see what was going to happen next. He was delighted to find out that it was part of a series and as soon as he finished this volume, backtracked to find the first of the series and is looking forward to the latter books.

An excellent story of friendship and adventure, the word usage is excellent for reading on his own, with enough repetition of harder word
Jeanette
Feb 03, 2012 Jeanette marked it as childrens  ·  review of another edition
My son has started reading this series. I have not read them myself but based on his reaction they must be pretty entertaining. I frequently hear him laughing while he is reading and then he will come up to me and tell me, in his 6 year old way (i.e. long, rambling and makes little sense to me), all about what has happened.
Frankly, I am just happy that he is branching out and reading some chapter books other than the Magic Tree House books. Those are good too but some variety now and then is go
Beth
Aug 10, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-aloud
I really like this series -- it is perfect for first- or second-graders who are just starting to get their feet wet with short chapter books, it works well as a read-aloud, too. We're going with the read-aloud route, and even my fourth-grader is enjoying these. They are quick (it only takes us a couple of nights to make it through one of these slim volumes) and funny.

I enjoyed the storyline of this book, even moreso than the first one -- there are a few happy twists and a good moral about kindne
Barbara
The series Moongobble and Me by Bruce Coville is a great series for children who are starting to read chapter books. They are under 100 pages with delightful illustrations by Katherine Coville. The second in the series,The Weeping Werewolf, is about a boy named Edward who accompanies local magician, Moongobble, on a quest to obtain the tears of the werewolf who lives in the Forest of the Night. Humor, suspense and surprise await Edward on this trip! For ages 6-10.
Ilana Waters
Nov 05, 2012 Ilana Waters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another heart-warming, adventurous, and well-rounded tale from Coville. I'm constantly impressed by his ability to write exceptionally well for many different age groups.

Oh, and in the edition I have (illustrated by his wife, Katherine Coville) Moongooble looks exactly like a white-haired version of Brian Froud (fantasy author, illustrator, and conceptual artist). Go ahead--put "Brian Froud" into Google images. I'll wait. ;-) Adorable!
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
The second book in the Moongobble and Me books. Moongobble is out to do his second task to be accepted into the magical society. He needs to collect tears from the Weeping Werewolf. They travel into the forest and confront the werewolf. It has a great suprise twist at the end. Another great book for children.
Jenny
Sep 18, 2012 Jenny rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this aloud to the kids on a car trip 6 months ago and the 5(boy) and 7(girl) year old liked it. I wish I'd known it was the second in the series. I like to start at the beginning. The characters are fairly simple but not quite ordinary.
Edward Creter
Edward, Moongobble the Wizard and their talking animal friends are back and on a new quest, this time to locate and collect the tears of a very weepy werewolf. Why is the wolfie so SAD? Maybe he doesn't like onions? Boo HooooooooOOO!
Alina Borger
Read aloud to 5 year old--perfect!
Kathy
Jan 22, 2016 Kathy rated it it was amazing
Moongobble & Edward took me on another adventure that was fun, exciting, and had a VERY happy ending:)
Michael
Jul 21, 2009 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another masterpeice of Bruce!
Amanda
Fun, short read. I really like Bruce Coville's books. I haven't read any of the alien series yet but I'm sure they will be fun reads as well.
Julier
Short chapter book. Sequel to Dragon of Doom. Engaging. Fairy-tale like. Magician, dragon, Knight, little boy. [Junior Library Guild Selection]
Michelle♥
This was another book that I volunteered to transcribe to be converted into Braille.

Cute story. Glad I'm able to continue with the series!
Ann Mead
Feb 16, 2013 Ann Mead rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-to-kids
My son loved this whole series!
Basia&gabby
Basia&gabby rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2013
Kristen Stockdale
Kristen Stockdale rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2008
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2011
Heather Turner
Heather Turner rated it it was amazing
Jan 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Aliens for Breakfast
  • World's Worst Wedgie (George Brown, Class Clown, #3)
  • The Case of the Library Monster
  • Nate the Great and the Boring Beach Bag
  • Abracadabra! Magic with Mouse and Mole
  • Frankie Pickle and the Mathematical Menace (Frankie Pickle, #3)
  • Return of the Squirtle Squad (Pokemon Chapter Books #8)
  • Mercy Watson: Something Wonky This Way Comes (Mercy Watson #6)
  • Dodsworth in New York
  • The Magical Ms. Plum
  • Toy Dance Party: Being the Further Adventures of a Bossyboots Stingray, a Courageous Buffalo, and a Hopeful Round Someone Called Plastic  (Toys, #2)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • The Adventures of the Dish and the Spoon
  • The Magician's Boy
  • The Case of the Secret Valentine (Jigsaw Jones, #3)
  • Two Times the Fun
  • Smarter than Squirrels (Down Girl and Sit)

Moongobble and Me (5 books)
  • The Dragon of Doom (Moongobble and Me #1)
  • The Evil Elves (Moongobble and Me #3)
  • The Mischief Monster (Moongobble and Me #4)
  • The Naughty Nork (Moongobble and Me #5)