Start by marking “Genesis (Will Trent #3)” as Want to Read:
Genesis (Will Trent #3)

Genesis (Will Trent #3)

4.24  ·  Rating Details ·  20,729 Ratings  ·  1,170 Reviews
Someone had spent time with her - someone well-practised in the art of pain...

Three and a half years ago former Grant County medical examiner Sara Linton moved to Atlanta hoping to leave her tragic past behind her. Now working as a doctor in Atlanta's Grady Hospital she is starting to piece her life together. But when a severely wounded young woman is brought in to the eme
Published 2010 by Arrow (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Genesis, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Jayna You are missing Beyond Reach in the Grant County series.

♥Sharon♥
Sep 23, 2015 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I told myself I was going to write this review before starting Broken so here I am and I'm going to try and make it quick.

Undone is my favorite so far of the Will Trent Series and I really should be taking the time to write a full review with perfect pictures but the next book is waiting on my Kindle! :)

For me this was the most gruesome of the three books. As with the others the writing was gripping and captivating. It created such vivid thoughts for me which at times had me squeezing my eyes sh
Karin Slaughter
Aug 04, 2012 Karin Slaughter rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
First, people should know that in the UK and elsewhere, this book is titled Genesis, which was the original title I chose. (In the US, there was another book called Genesis--sci-fi--that was publishing around mine and they didn't want confusion). I chose the title Genesis because this was really a restart for Sara Linton. She's in a new city, she's completely changed her life, she's still recovering from the horrible events in Beyond Reach (weirdly, called Skin Privilege in the UK and other terr ...more
Mo
Aug 31, 2015 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 "I fucking hate Angie" stars!

This series is a spin off from the Grant County series... I had started this series when I realised that one of the character who was going to show up in this series already featured in the other series... Now I am a bit of a stickler for reading in order, so I had to stop this series and go back to the other. Confused yet??

Will and Faith work for the GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigation). These two. Lord above, they sure have some baggage and interesting pasts,
Karen
Oct 17, 2015 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 STARS

Well, I'm definitely whole-heartedly invested in this series now. And Will Trent has permanently gotten under my skin and into my heart. What can I say... Will, Will, Will. He is finally starting to break... to let some light into the cracks of that concrete wall he's erected around his heart. I've said it before and I'll say it again. it is impossible not to love this man.

This book has finally started giving me a little insight into the characters.. Will and his GBI partner Faith Mitc
Rick
Aug 23, 2012 Rick rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just discovered Karin Slaughter, and as most of you know, there's nothing as good as finding a "new" (to you) author who has many books already published. No "waiting for the next one to come out" anxiety!
Before I had finished "Fractured" I KNEW I had to have "Undone"...and I wasn't disappointed. Slaughter came through for me again, with excellent suspense and a great cast of characters brought to life flawlessly and with depth.

Having never read the 'Grant County' series, I was afraid the rein
Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice*
Genesis is officially my favourite of Karin Slaughter's Will Trent series. I think I have read it previously when it was titled Undone.

One of those lovely books where you find yourself holding your breath, without realising you are doing it until you suddenly let it out!

I strongly recommend this series which is a mix of crime/thriller/romance.
Mary Beth
Oct 27, 2015 Mary Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This author really knows how to write. I think every book so far in this series I've given 5 stars to it. It is full of suspense! Wow! Wow! Wow! I could not put this book down in the last 120 pages. It really got my adrenaline going. It flows so well. I really loved what I read. I just love Will Trent. If you really want to read a good thriller and a good series, this one is it! It will blow you away. I do have to say this series is definitely not for the faint at heart. It took me awhile to cat ...more
Julie
Undone by Karin Slaughter is a 2009 Delacorte Press publication.

This third book in the Will Trent series creates a link with the Grant County series by introducing Sara Linton to the series.

Sara is from Grant County, but has relocated to Atlanta following the death of her husband. She meets Faith and Will at the hospital when Faith has a fainting spell, but soon finds herself embroiled in the case Will and Faith are working on.

Several women who have been tortured or are missing has Faith and W
Oana
Will Trent is a fantastic series, I give you that, and I'm appalled that I was so late to find out about Karin Slaughter's brilliant writing. Undone (known also as Genesis) is the third installment in the series, and my favourite one yet.

They can all be read as standalones, but, for the love of God, just don't do that. Read them in order. The brilliancy of this series doesn't consist in the mystery/crime solving police procedurals - which are rather good, multilayered and gripping - but in the c
Jonetta
Mar 23, 2013 Jonetta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-suspense
It's been over three years since Sara Linton left Grant County following her personal tragedy and she's now working in Atlanta, back at Grady Hospital. Though she's moving forward with her life, it's still a slow pace. When she attends a woman who shows up in the ER, obviously brutalized, Sara is hurtled into an investigation that leads to more horror and Will Trent (he's not the horror!).

This marks the intersection of the Grant County series and I was glad to see Sara reappear here. She and Wi
Piper
Oct 17, 2015 Piper rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Another great Will Trent installment from Karin Slaughter, Undone certainly had me shuddering at times from the hideously gruesome things that were done to the female victims. These women already had deep seated issues but to be violated as they were was inconceivable. The perp was undeniably a sick SOB. What was almost even sicker was who knew what he was doing and kept silent about it. Yeah.

What I love about this series, first and foremost, is Will Trent. He is, as others have stated before,
Susan
Another good addition in the Will Trent series and by far the most gruesome in the series so far. Will and Faith are after a killer who kidnaps two victims at a time and keeps them under the ground in a hand made cave. The women endure horrible tortures, definitely not for the faint of heart. Faith has some health complications which lead her to Sarah, an ER doctor who is a character that comes from Karin Slaughters other series, Grant County. Sarah is known in the medical community for her know ...more
Janie Johnson
Apr 29, 2015 Janie Johnson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-challenge
This is book #3 to the Will Trent series and it is a mystery/thriller. I have to say I did enjoy the book, and the characters. It flows well with plenty of action and excitement.

In this installment Will and Faith have to find and stop a serial killer who brutally manipulates his victims through starvation, torture and rape, all while dealing with their own personal issues. Who will be next?

I really enjoyed the mystery to this installment. I think the story flowed well and had some pretty good 'e
Jean
Jul 15, 2014 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I hadn’t read Karin Slaughter previously, I might have been a bit put off just a few pages into the prologue of Undone. Having read quite a few of Slaughter’s previous thrillers, I was expecting something dramatic by, oh, the second paragraph. So I was almost lulled into complacency when it hit me – or rather, when Henry Coldfield and his wife Judith hit a woman as they drove at dusk one evening. Thus began the heart-pounding, stomach-churning tale that is Undone.

For those who have not finish
Vaso
Oct 12, 2016 Vaso rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-crime
Γουιλ Τρεντ κ Φειθ Μιτσελ. Δύο συνεργάτες που έχουν βρει ένα δικό τους τρόπο επικοινωνίας και αντιμετώπισης των καταστάσεων, αλληλοσυμπληρώνοντας ο ένας τον άλλο. Η τελευταία υπόθεση με την οποία καταπιάνονται είναι ιδιαιτέρως περίπλοκη και τα στοιχεία που έχουν λίγα έως μηδαμινά. Δυναμικές κ επιτυχημένες γυναίκες απαγάγωνται κ κακοποιουνται βάναυσα. Όπου κι αν στραφουν, βρίσκουν σε τοίχο. Η Karin Slaughter, έχει στήσει μία σφιχτή κ καλοδουλεμένη ιστορία με αριστοτεχνικό τρόπο! Πραγματικά, απολα ...more
Paulo Pires
Sep 28, 2015 Paulo Pires rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.8
« “Génesis” é o terceiro livro da série # Will Trent e marca um facto interessante na obra de Karin Slaughter, é o ponto de encontro entre duas das séries de enorme sucesso da autora: “Will Trent” e “Grant County”, sendo o terceiro e o sétimo livro das duas séries, respectivamente.

Da série “Grant Conty” foram publicados apenas dois livros em Portugal pela já extinta Editora Gótica, e que, posso acrescentar, tenho o privilégio de ter na minha estante.

Resta-me a esperança que a TopSeller poss
Barry Graham
May 11, 2011 Barry Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jean-Patrick Manchette declared, "The crime novel is the great moral literature of our time." He knew whatof he spoke, since he wrote some of the 20th Century's great French novels before his untimely death.

Karin Slaughter has little in common with Manchette. Unlike his short, dense, narratives, her novels are sprawling. Unlike his brilliant and bizarre experiments, her storytelling style would fit the 19th Century as easily as this one. But she is writing some of the great moral literature of h
Amber Argyle
Larry Bassett
Undone puts you right in the middle of the action immediately. It does start with the unlikely scenario of Will Trent coincidently being in the ER with his pregnant partner Faith when a victim of vicious torture is brought in. And, yes, Sara from Grant County is the ER doctor so the improbability of characters from two series being brought together is maximized. Well, everybody has to be somewhere! And every book has to start somewhere. It is fiction after all. Very good fiction, I think.
With
Maureen DeLuca
Feb 21, 2017 Maureen DeLuca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm a huge fan of Karin Slaughter, and this series IMO is so much better than her Grant County Series. I wound up reading all of the Grant County Series- for I was told that in this book Undone you will come across some of the characters , and you will also find out how the other series ended. But having said that , Grant County Series ended in 2007- I think I am the only person here on GoodReads who didn't finish that series-!!

Triptych and Fractured books 1 and 2 in this series were both fantas
Marnie  Krüger
Aug 01, 2014 Marnie Krüger rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, books-i-own
Genesis

This is truly a new beginning - a new beginning of my old obsession.

In December of 2014 I first discover the brilliance of Karin Slaughter. Reading Triptych and Fractured made me a true fan of Slaughter's work.
She is brilliant, her vivid portraits and dramatic, action packed criminal investigations leaves you sole shocked and craving more with every book.

But me and my borderline OCD needed to read things in order and on noticing that a character from a previous series will be joining my favorite
Felts
Aug 25, 2011 Felts rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
The first book in the "Georgia" series is actually the mash-up of Slaughter's "Grant County" and "Will Trent" series, bringing together the best of both. The result is a twisted, graphic, and enjoyable read. However, if you are familiar with Slaughter's previous books (which I recommend reading in order, just because I'm anal that way), then you know that her main characters (in this case Agents Will Trent, Faith Mitchell,and Dr. Sara Linton) suffer heavily from not only professional, but extrem ...more
Mariana
Dec 29, 2016 Mariana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cada vez gosto mais do Will! E da sua relação com Faith, estes dois juntos funcionam bem. Gostei também de o ver com a Sara, ri demasiado com a conversa deles, o Will falava-lhe com tanta naturalidade e algumas das coisas que ele dizia eram simplesmente demasiado boas.
Como sempre Karin Slaughter mantém as suas descrições gráficas, às vezes é necessário pousar o livro, fechar os olhos e respirar fundo. Achei esta história bastante viciante, quis sempre saber mais, o que ia acontecer. Claro que as
L
Aug 12, 2010 L rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I don't like thrillers. I especially avoid the ones that involve horrible things done to women, which is what most of them are about, isn't it? Yet, for some reason, this one grabbed me. Slaughter does character! Yes, there is an intense mystery, here, and the usual horror (thankfully with fewer graphic details than most like to provide, thought still more than I needed, and fewer bodies strewn about than many authors seem to require for the telling of their stories). But mostly, characters are ...more
Holly
Jun 22, 2009 Holly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adults interested in a great suspense/thiller
Recommended to Holly by: first-reads
Shelves: first-reads, thriller
I received my advance copy yesterday afternoon and I could not put it down until I finished it last night.

This was the best thriller/suspense I have read in a very long time. The characters are three dimensional and their personal stories are so poinant, you can't help but become emotionally invested in them from the very beginning. It had me on the edge of my seat and I honestly didn't figure out who the bad guy was until nearly the end (which is rare for me and a delight when it does happen!)
Teresa
Nov 30, 2016 Teresa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I was starting this series, I was dying for this book to see Sara from the Grant County series again, and this was everything I wanted it to be and more. I have always loved crime and procedural novels, but the way Karin develops characters manages to be even better than the crime side of things. Her writing is so addicting. And if I was excited for this one, I really can't wait for the next book.
Curlyhair
Mar 04, 2017 Curlyhair rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, 2017, wom-2017
Wasn't sure how this would go, combining all the characters, but Karin Slaughter did a great job. I'm still intrigued to see how the series will go on though. However i loved this book. Enjoyed the storyline, which some of it I didn't see coming.
Suzanne
This was very gruesome - and extremely hard to put down!
Kelly
I can hardly get my thoughts in order after this book. It is probably one of the most compelling books I've read in a while. Between the brutal horror of what was done to the victims and the incredible characters that populated every piece of this novel, I am in awe of Karin Slaughter's storytelling abilities.

To start with... Will. For the love of small furry animals, SOMEBODY GIVE THAT MAN A HUG! AND A COOKIE! AND ANOTHER HUG! I adored him. I want more Will immediately. He's damaged and he make
Freda Malone
Oct 27, 2014 Freda Malone rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
KARIN SLAUGHTER 17 68 Nov 29, 2014 04:24AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Undone 1 4 May 12, 2012 07:36PM
  • 14 (Taylor Jackson, #2)
  • The Face of Death (Smoky Barrett, #2)
  • I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1)
  • Stripped (Jonathan Stride, #2)
  • The Neighbor (Detective D.D. Warren, #3)
  • Kill You Twice (Archie Sheridan & Gretchen Lowell, #5)
  • Without Consent (Dr. Anya Crichton, #2)
  • Split Second (Maggie O'Dell, #2)
  • Dead Run (Monkeewrench, #3)
Karin Slaughter is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of fifteen thrillers, including UNSEEN, CRIMINAL, FALLEN, BROKEN, UNDONE, FRACTURED, BEYOND REACH, TRIPTYCH, FAITHLESS, COP TOWN, and the e-original short stories “Snatched” and “Busted.”

Slaughter was born in a small southern Georgia community, and now resides in Atlanta. She is widely credited with first coining the
More about Karin Slaughter...

Will Trent (8 books)
  • Triptych (Will Trent, #1)
  • Fractured (Will Trent, #2)
  • Broken (Will Trent, #4)
  • Fallen (Will Trent, #5)
  • Criminal (Will Trent, #6)
  • Unseen (Will Trent, #7)
  • The Kept Woman (Will Trent, #8)

“Considering what Pauline's been through . . ." Will began, then stopped himself. "She's not very nice."
"She's a cold-blooded bitch."
"I'm surprised I haven't fallen in love with her.”
61 likes
“You didn't realize what was passing you by until you slowed down a little bit to get a better look.” 33 likes