Start by marking “Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)” as Want to Read:
Improper Seduction (English Tudor, #1)

Improper Seduction (English Tudor #1)

3.91  ·  Rating Details  ·  461 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
A Rearranged Marriage

Lord Curan Ramsden is home from war, and eager to claim his betrothed. And he arrives just in time--his bride's father has summoned her to London, to wed another man. But Bridget's father promised her to Curan, and Curan means to have her. Especially now that he sees the luscious young woman she has blossomed into. He'll just have to convince Bridget,

Published January 1st 2011 by Brava (first published December 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Improper Seduction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Improper Seduction

A Lot like Love by Julie JamesEleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLeanThe Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonCall Me Irresistible by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsJust Like Heaven by Julia Quinn
2011 Romance
211th out of 410 books — 827 voters
A Kiss for a Highlander by Jane GodmanThe Chief by Monica McCartyIn Bed with a Highlander by Maya BanksSeduction of a Highland Lass by Maya BanksThe Highland Chief by Dana D'Angelo
Sexy Highlanders
46th out of 74 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Elis Madison

This is the first book by this author that I’ve read. I might read another, but to be frank I found myself constantly wondering about how deep her research went.

For example, there’s the whole premise of the story: Bridget Newbury was formally betrothed, with a contract, in a church, to Lord Curan Ramsden, who then went off to fight in France. Her father summons her to court, where he intends to marry her to another man. Naturally, that's when Curan turns up to claim his bride.

The conflict of t
Kathleen
Jan 09, 2011 Kathleen rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The story was good and kept me interested all the way through. It was an easy Hot read and had a very good ending.
Bambi Unbridled
I picked this title from the Kindle Unlimited selection as it had the audible narration included, and I like to listen while I am out working in the yard on the weekend. Unfortunately, the narrator absolutely killed the book for me. I am finding that I do not like male narrators because their readings just do not seem as dynamic as those of female narrators. Of the ones I have listened to so far, the male narrators just do not have the voice range of females, so all the characters sound the same ...more
Candy
Jul 04, 2011 Candy rated it really liked it
I usually avoid historical romances because I have a degree in history and the cheesy factor gets to me. However, I picked up another book by Wine and was pleasantly surprised by it. Wine does a wonderful job of conveying stories without over the top melodrama and does a good job of writing a historically accurate book.
My only complaint about this book is the ending. It was a little too contrived, which is all I can say without spoiling it.
Overall it was a great, easy read, with lots of hot scen
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Mar 18, 2011 CoffeeTimeRomance andMore rated it it was amazing
Improper Seduction is a tantalizing tale that left me breathless and wanting more. From the first page until the last, this story had me in its grip as I watched Bridget fight her desire for Curan and face the duty that was expected of her. Curan is a man who is used to getting what he wants no matter what the cost but as I read further, I saw into the heart of him and viewed the truly wonderful soul he was. To top off the already sensational storyline, the passion, betrayal, and hidden agenda s ...more
Taria Reed
Aug 23, 2014 Taria Reed rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, historical
First Reaction: 1/2 way through the book.

The heroine was an idiot. The narrator is good but all his women sound like Husky 250lb bearded drag queens. I'm always amazed how authors make the young brides in these stories so dense while trying to make them strong. They can't ALL do stupid shit....right?.

AND SERIOUSLY!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THE SCOTTISH DUDE ON THE COVER AND NO SCOTTISH DUDE IN THE BOOK?!?!? If Curan is scottish then the narrator did NOT get that memo because he gave Curan an english a
Caro
Aug 08, 2015 Caro rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
This was a good book. I liked the characters and the plot, but the way this was written was a little off for me. It took me quite a while to get into the flow of the thought processes and wording. I liked the story though and the characters were interesting. A good book for passing time and a little escapism. It has me wanting to read the next book too. I would really like to see what happens with the sister. ;)
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Heroine was really annoying! Oh woes me... I've been betrothed to big strong gorgeous Curan for 3 years... But Daddy sends letter from London saying I'm going to marry scary old man instead.... Big strong Curan comes to collect me... I must stay away from Big Strong Curan and obey my Daddy....
I wanted to smack her.... But it all came together in the end :-D
Shannon Burke
From the start of this book I have not been able to put it down, our heroine Bridget is hilarious, the hero nearly more so but a little too stubborn than I would like to have in a man. But they are great together in this book. Curan has already had the marriage ceremony with his bride Bridget and now he has come for her to consummate the marriage, though her father seemed to have gone back on his word to let his daughter be with the hero.

And like all of Mary Wine’s books, it is very well writte
Tonileg
Apr 03, 2011 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, historical
I wanted to like the heroine of this story, Bridget (because I really love that name) but I could not get into her mindset. This is without spoilers and perhaps without sense.... She was really annoying because she kept following the instructions in her father's letter without doubting it although knowing her father's personality well which should have been a huge red light because it contrasted with his values. So very annoying. I really wanted to shake the girl and yell 'Hey! This guy is too g ...more
Carolyn
Aug 17, 2014 Carolyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow!!!

Holy cow!!!

Was a really good story! It held my attention the whole book. The 2 main characters related to each other very well. I was happy that they were able to stay together.
Cheri D Mendenhall
Liked it

I liked this story, how Bridget and Curan dealt with each as they got know each other. I liked that Bridget was kind to others but was not a weak woman.
Dee
Jul 26, 2014 Dee rated it really liked it
I liked the h & H, both fairly lovable and well developed. I liked the fact that a mother in that time saw fit to train her daughter in ALL things.
Seawood
Feb 23, 2015 Seawood rated it liked it
It's fairly cookie-cutter, but I do have a soft spot for this author. Modern romances give me hives but these I can manage.
Mia
May 04, 2014 Mia rated it liked it
Was just okay, didn't seem to have much of a plot, was more about their attraction to each other and not much else.
Linda
Jun 11, 2012 Linda rated it really liked it
Bridget has been promised to Curan since three years but now her father has sent for her to come to court and marry another. You dont go against your fathers will, so Bridget is soon packed and ready to leave when Curan arrives to take her to his home.
Bridget is torn between obeying her fathers wish and honouring her promise to Curan, not to mention the feelings hes stirring in her.
Historical romance, smutty fluff and a surprisingly fresh take on the Tudors. Loved Curans scottish neighbor and i
Danette Steward
Sep 23, 2014 Danette Steward rated it liked it
Shelves: wine-mary
3.5
Tracey Brown
Dec 30, 2015 Tracey Brown rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable historical romp i liked the characters and stayed engaged throughout. I loved the fact Bridget was a strong woman in a time that respected women little.Yet another well written story from this author an entertaining read in the sea of heavy books around at the moment.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Apr 01, 2011 Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!) rated it really liked it
Come read Sarah J.'s review at Nocturne Romance Reads!
Cynthia Roberts
Sep 11, 2012 Cynthia Roberts rated it it was amazing
What a beautiful writer. I thoroughly enjoyed her book as her words are so descriptive and the relationship between her characters extremely captivating.
Samie Kauchis
Apr 19, 2012 Samie Kauchis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: highlanders
Loved it as much as I did the second book... I'm so glad both books really could be taken as stand alone books because I HATE reading a series out of order! :)
Ali
Feb 13, 2013 Ali rated it it was ok
I read this book because I read the second one in the series, but the second one was prettier. I found myself rolling my eyes a lot.
Mitzi
Pretty good story. Not erotic, but very hot. The heroine got on my nerves half way thru, but I liked the hero and the HEA ending. 3.5
Carolyn
Jun 03, 2012 Carolyn rated it really liked it
Recommended to Carolyn by: Sha Mslvoe ♥♥♥
Shelves: wine-mary
This book started out slow, but was well worth staying with. A most enjoyable read.
Holly Pracht
Apr 05, 2015 Holly Pracht rated it liked it
Cute, I suppose. Very short. Well written actually. The ending was very abrupt.
Birgit
Birgit marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2016
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2016
Aurora Moore
Aurora Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
  • To Wed a Wicked Highlander (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #3)
  • The Warrior (Return of the Highlanders, #3)
  • Borderland Bride
  • The Highlander's Dangerous Temptation (The MacLerie Clan #7)
  • Her Highness and the Highlander (The Princess Brides, #2)
  • His Conquest (MacGruder Brothers, #3)
  • Tempting the Highlander (The McTiernays, #4)
  • Taken By The Laird (Regency Flings, #2)
  • The Highlander's Sword (Highlander #1)
  • A Highlander's Temptation (MacKenzie, #7)
  • The Scottish Witch (The Chattan Curse, #2)
  • Claimed by the Highland Warrior (MacKinloch Clan, #1)
  • Winning the Highlander's Heart (The Highlanders, #1)
  • My Fierce Highlander (Highland Adventure, #1)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...

English Tudor (3 books)
  • My Fair Highlander (English Tudor, #2)
  • Unexpected Pleasures (English Tudor, #3)

“If you are wise, you will never forget that your heart is yours alone. It can be the greatest gift, but never can it be commanded.” 1 likes
“Her annoyance burned bright. Her neck was still warm and tingling where he’d stroked her, driving home how well he knew a woman’s body. Yet he was displeased that she might know a thing or two about how to touch him. The arrogance of it all.” 0 likes