Start by marking “High Stakes (Sin City Chronicles)” as Want to Read:
High Stakes (Sin City Chronicles)

High Stakes (Sin City Chronicles)

High Stakes is a gripping and fast paced drama guaranteed to expose the cunning and slick nature of the real,"Sin City,"giving you a peek inside the shrewd world, exposing the myth: What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas. Shauna, Dawn, and Felicia are best friends who are bonded as "partners in crime" while trying to survive in Las Vegas, Nevada aka Sin City. Their ...more
Published March 5th 2013 by Smashwords Edition (first published April 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about High Stakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High Stakes

The Urban Book Source
Las Vegas aka Sin City is the setting for Author Toshia Shaw's aptly titled book High Stakes. Shauna, Dawn and Felicia are friends whom all work at the various strip clubs that line Las Vegas' notorious strip. None of the women are originally from Las Vegas. Different circumstances brought each of them to Sin City and into the world of exotic dancing. Dawn hailed from New York and was only dancing as a means to pay for school. Felicia was originally from Memphis and ran away to escape a broken ...more
OOSA
Aug 01, 2010 OOSA rated it really liked it
The Risk of Losing It All

Shauna, Felicia, and Dawn’s only means of fast money is dropping it like it’s hot at the strip club to keep up with the Joneses, indulge in the latest fashion, and in Dawn’s case to pay her way through school. The ladies know it’s time to give up the pole and move on to a better lifestyle they can benefit from, but they can’t seem to let go. Dawn’s friendship with Shauna and Felicia goes down the drain when she retires her stilettos and gets involved with her new beau.
African Americans on the Move Book Club
Felicia, Dawn, and Shauna are three friends that have vowed to not let anything get between them as they go thru life in Las Vegas. However, none of them counted on the many obstacles that will affect this friendship. They have to deal with lies, drugs, prostitution, domestic abuse, near death experiences, and obsession. They gamble the highest stakes possible; their lives. Who will end up on top and who will have to leave Sin City after losing it all?
I have to give this book a five and it goes
Dominique
Sep 25, 2010 Dominique rated it really liked it
"High Stakes is a fast paced but realistic book. The author brings the readers inside a world that many people don't know. She shows us a side of Las Vegas that isn't displayed on TV.

She writes about the affects of a certain lifestyle and how over time people change. Three women are the main characters of this story and the readers follow them through their pain, lies, betrayal, drugs and envy. It's a well written book that is a page turner. A must read for everyone.

Great book"

Purchase this boo
Patrice
Jul 28, 2011 Patrice rated it it was amazing
After finally finding time to finish this book, I can't put it down. Now instead of me coming home turning on the Tv watching reality shows, I'm glued to this book. This book is well-written, very detail. I shows how life can be tough, especially when you are living in the fast paced life of Las Vegas night life. This very spicy and most definitely a great read. I'm mad at myself for not finishing it sooner.
K Nikki  Waden
Aug 10, 2011 K Nikki Waden rated it it was ok
This book for me took too long to get to the point and the ending was not a good cliffhanger at all it should of ended with Dawn,Jeffery/Omar and Shauna coming face to face which would of made me want to read part 2
Delonya
Delonya rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2011
Mirrlees
Mirrlees rated it it was amazing
Mar 12, 2013
Vicci Divine
Vicci Divine rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2015
Darryl Mims
Darryl Mims rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2010
Latoya
Latoya marked it as to-read
May 19, 2010
Als
Als marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2010
Leona Romich
Leona Romich marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2010
Soma
Soma added it
Jul 28, 2011
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2012
Natasha Hall
Natasha Hall marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
nicole
nicole marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
Toshia Shaw is on a mission to set her mark on contemporary fiction as a fresh new voice with her debut novel entitled High Stakes. Her writing style reflects the cunning and slick nature of the real, "Sin City," giving us all a sneak peek inside this shrewd world, ripping the door off the closet; exposing the myth: "What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas." Toshia Shaw currently resides in Las ...more
More about Toshia Shaw...