Start by marking “A Flicker of Doubt” as Want to Read:
A Flicker of Doubt

A Flicker of Doubt (A Candlemaking Mystery #4)

3.79  ·  Rating Details  ·  141 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
After his ex-girlfriend is found dead, Harrison Black, owner of At Wick's End, finds out just how hot old flames--and a ruthless killer--can burn.
Paperback, Large Print, 305 pages
Published November 1st 2006 by Wheeler Publishing (first published June 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about A Flicker of Doubt, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Flicker of Doubt

Karen Hufman
Aug 16, 2012 Karen Hufman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thought it was cute - though have to wonder what he looks like since he has all these women all over him! He inherited a candle making shop from his great aunt and loves his new life. Things left a little up in the air with some of the characters but overall liked it!
Sandra Dagg
Nov 19, 2014 Sandra Dagg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finished this one almost at midnight, couldn't leave it, had to stay up. I think Mr. Myers saved the most exciting one to the last, it was a great read! I didn't figure this one out...there were new characters involved, but really, for me it's not important to guess who did it, I just enjoy a good book, and this definitely was that! I liked the character of Harrison Black from the get-go, the first book, and have to say that I am sorry to see the end of this series...Mr. Myers if you feel like w ...more
Andrea
Mar 17, 2012 Andrea rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I've been reading this cozy series since I first saw it at the library. LOVE IT! sure, it is a typical theme cozy (in this case, candlemaking, complete with tips.) But there is something about Micah Ridge, the small town our hero Harrison Black lives in now that his great aunt has died and left him not only a candleshop, but an entire artisan mall full of wonderful characters with cool shops. Harrison sticks his nose in where it is not wanted, which gets him into trouble, of course, but just bei ...more
Mark Baker
Mar 19, 2014 Mark Baker rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, 2006
A quick kayak trip down the river behind his shop leads to Harrison finding the body of his ex-girlfriend. With the sheriff determined it was suicide, Harrison sets out to prove it was murder. As much as I love Harrison, the sub-plots took over the story and slowed the book down overall.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Michelle Randall
The fourth book in the Candlemaking series starts with Harrison enjoying a relaxing trip in his kayak on the Gunpowder River, only what he things is a tree stump he bumps in the water turns out to be his former girlfriend.

While the police are sure it was a suicide, Harrison is sure it wasn't, and with the help of his good friend Markum, he sets out to figure out what happened.

This is another good read in this series, introducing us to some new people, letting us learn more about some of the peop
Virginia
The beginning sentence drew me right in: "As my kayak brushed against the woman's body, I thought I'd hit another half-submerged log." Thus begins a very bad day for poor Harrison Black, owner of a quaint little candle shop, who soon discovers that the body belongs to his ex-girlfriend.

I picked up this book because (1) it's a cozy mystery, which I like, and (2) I have a book coming out in June 2009 that is centered around a candle factory, and I wanted to see how much candle lore the author rel
Becky
Oct 10, 2014 Becky rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy
I enjoyed the final entry in the candleshop series by Tim Myers. I'm disappointed he ended the series after only four novels (and that he ended the soap series after only three novels).
Writerlibrarian
Last novel in the series so far. Might not be another one since this one was published in 2006. Harrison finds Becka's dead in the water while kayaking on the river. Markum helps his friend try to find the murdered since the police says suicide. Both friends investigate and end up mixed up in local politics and mayhem. Oh and there's some trouble with the tenant's leases. It's surprisingly good. The best parts are the Markum Harrison sleuthing together to find the bad guys.
Kcastro
Feb 14, 2011 Kcastro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm looking for more by this author. No smut!
Eunira
Oct 20, 2010 Eunira rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
BM
Suzi G
Suzi G rated it liked it
Jul 25, 2016
Deborah Bartosh
Deborah Bartosh rated it really liked it
Jul 17, 2016
Toni Tomlinson
Toni Tomlinson marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Justin
Justin rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Maya McMullan
Maya McMullan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
May 29, 2016
Rosmarie
Rosmarie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2016
Skittles
Skittles marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2016
Mary  (Biblophile)
Mary (Biblophile) rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Vivian Medlock
Vivian Medlock marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
♥Juvia♥
♥Juvia♥ marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Apr 10, 2016
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2016
  • Deadly Greetings (A Card Making Mystery, #2)
  • The Knocker on Death's Door (Felse, #10)
  • Deadly Notions (A Southern Sewing Circle, #4)
  • Death, Snow, and Mistletoe (Tori Miracle, #4)
  • Black Alice
  • Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)
  • A Blush With Death (A Bath and Body Mystery, #2)
  • Guilt Trip (A Blanco County Mystery #4)
  • Jane and the Prisoner of Wool House (Jane Austen Mysteries, #6)
  • Death On The Diagonal (Crossword Mysteries, #12)
  • Through a Glass, Deadly (A Glassblowing Mystery, #1)
  • The Cane Mutiny (Den of Antiquity, #13)
  • Mourning Dove (Ella Clah, #11)
  • Hunter's Moon
  • Tempted
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
Also writes under the pseudonyms Elizabeth Bright, Melissa Glazer and Chris Cavender.

Tim Myers is the author of dozens of short stories published in mystery magazines and anthologies. He lives with his family near the Blue Ridge Mountains he loves and writes about. He is the award-winning author of the Agatha nominated Lighthouse Inn mystery series as well as over seventy short stories. Tim has be
More about Tim Myers...

A Candlemaking Mystery (4 books)
  • At Wicks End (A Candlemaking Mystery, #1)
  • Snuffed Out (A Candlemaking Mystery, #2)
  • Death Waxed Over (A Candlemaking Mystery, #3)