Start by marking “Femmes Fatal (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #4)” as Want to Read:
Femmes Fatal (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #4)

Femmes Fatal (Ellie Haskell Mystery #4)

Ellie Haskell, her twins four months old, to rejuvenate her marriage, takes a course in the sensual arts. The Fully Female offer naughty nighties and Peach Melba Love Rub. When one student becomes a sex-crazed zombie, another dies in a fatally frothy bubble bath, then a third victim dies, Ellie sets on the trail of a killer.
Published January 1st 1994 by Bantam Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Femmes Fatal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Femmes Fatal

AJ
Aug 29, 2016 AJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who's read the previous ones
Recommended to AJ by: The previous ones in the series
12 chapters/422 pages

Book Summary—Ellie Haskell’s the mother of four-month-old twins, and she feels as if her love life’s grown flabby and stale—or is that how SHE feels, physically? Anyhow, reluctantly, she decides to join Chitterton Fells’s new ladies’ “club”: Fully Female. Inside its hallowed walls lies the cure for any and every marital woe—that is, if the woe involves sex or romance. But what Ellie finds is not what she bargained for: lying to Ben, her husband, oversexed females and exhaust
Jun 22, 2009 Laura rated it really liked it
This is the 5th book in a series of mysteries by Dorothy Cannell. Ellie Haskell is an insecure, self deprecating interior designer. Ellie is married to Ben who is her drop-dead gorgeous husband and father to her recently born twins. Ellie, feeling less than attractive finds herself joining a group called Fully Female that attempts to give guidance and counsel to insecure females in the more intimate aspects of their lives.
What begins to happen in their small community is that members of this gro
Jamielyn
Aug 17, 2015 Jamielyn rated it liked it
I wouldn't really consider this a murder mystery, as the actual murder didn't take place until the very end. Having said that you pretty much knew the murderer before it occurred. The big problem I have is I really doubt the author had twins. If she did she must have has A LOT of help, because no one has time for any of that, nor that much energy with 4 month old twin. From experience. It was a bit eye rolling, and frustrating for me, even with it being fiction.
George
Mar 31, 2008 George rated it liked it
British mystery set in small coastal town. Another in the Ellie Haskell mystery series. In this story, Ellie and other women in Chitterton Falls, enroll in a woman's group, Fully Female, designed to help them rekindle their marriages. A good idea appears to turn bad when either women in the group or their husbands start dying in some amusing ways. Ellie helps unravel the mystery with a number of twists and turns along the way.

Story line is good, though I find the Ellie character a bit tiring wit
Eunira
Feb 02, 2010 Eunira rated it liked it
Once Ellie Haskell's life was a fairy tale: the one about the overweight, underpaid interior designer who falls rapturously in love with a gorgeous prince and lives happily ever after. But now, four months after the birth of her twins, her worst nightmare has come true: the princess has turned into a frog and the bliss has gone out of the bedroom.
Can a course in the sensual arts, featuring naughty nighties and Peach Melba Love Rub, rekindle the romance she and her adored Bentley once shared? It'
Barbara
Sep 23, 2015 Barbara rated it really liked it
I didn't like this book as well as I did the first in the series, but the addition of little twin Haskells gave it a spark for me. (I love babies.)
Pat
Oct 12, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, humor
Ellie goes to a "fully female" training class and people start to die.
Funny and nutty.
Carol Perreault
Jun 18, 2016 Carol Perreault rated it really liked it
Good, but I'm thinking that I should have started with book 1 of the series.
Marilyn K
Sep 27, 2016 Marilyn K rated it it was ok
Shelves: fun-mystery
I like this series, but this one was just utterly silly.
Anne Hawn Smith
Jun 18, 2009 Anne Hawn Smith rated it really liked it
Another good mystery from Dorothy Cannell. Poor Ellie is suffering in her marriage after the birth of her twins and think it needs some spice. Unfortunately, the Fully Female group she joins has a lot bigger problems than hers. The male part of the equations seem to be coming to a bad end.

Ellie's friend and housekeeper begins to really come into her own in this book. I lover her character and she adds a lot to the series.
Kim
Mar 02, 2010 Kim rated it did not like it
I really couldn't wait to finish this book. I've read others in this series and found them silly, but kind of fun (and, of course, they take place in England, so how bad could they be?). This one was less than silly - it was stupid and incoherent and I found the inexplicably archaic language truly irritating. It's odd, because I find the same thing charming in Charlotte MacLeod's Sarah Kelling mysteries.
Kathie
Sep 26, 2014 Kathie rated it liked it
I don't like books that have loads of characters that you have to keep track of. As this is the 5th book in the series I have read I know the main characters but there were so many new ones to keep track of and who was dead and who wasn't got to be confusing.
Deborah
Jul 27, 2011 Deborah rated it liked it
A cozy mystery featuring Ellie Haskell. Ellie, a woman who is constantly worrying about her weight, is an untypical heroine. A fun, light cozy mystery read. Great to take to the beach.
Peggy
Feb 28, 2009 Peggy rated it really liked it
We've all been there thinking that we need to spice it up. Lots of fun
Chris Curtis
Mar 21, 2012 Chris Curtis rated it it was ok
I love this series but this book just isn't as good as the others.
Helen
Mar 31, 2011 Helen rated it liked it
I'm getting weary of this series
Lizzy
Feb 27, 2010 Lizzy rated it really liked it
another enjoyable Ellie book
Gail
Sep 01, 2007 Gail rated it really liked it
a little racier... but cute
T
Sep 03, 2009 T rated it did not like it
didn't finish
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2016
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Carole
Carole marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Bgpriley
Bgpriley marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2016
Phyllis Wright
Phyllis Wright marked it as to-read
Rachelle
Rachelle marked it as to-read
Pamela Shropshire
Pamela Shropshire marked it as to-read
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Krissy Lee
Krissy Lee marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
Sarah Hutto
Sarah Hutto marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Ellen
Ellen added it
Sep 03, 2016
Madison Mega-Mara...: Femmes Fatal 1 3 Aug 17, 2012 07:16AM
  • Death in Paradise (Henrie O, #4)
  • Major Vices (Bed-and-Breakfast Mysteries, #7)
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery, #8)
  • The Windsor Knot (Elizabeth MacPherson, #5)
  • Crouching Buzzard, Leaping Loon (Meg Langslow, #4)
  • Murder Boogies with Elvis (Southern Sisters, #8)
  • That Way Murder Lies (Mitchell and Markby Village, #15)
  • Misery Loves Maggody (Arly Hanks, #11)
  • False Premises (Domestic Bliss Mystery #2)
  • The Class Menagerie (Jane Jeffry, #4)
  • Precious Blood (Gregor Demarkian, #2)
  • Getting Old is Criminal (Gladdy Gold, #3)
  • Last Puzzle and Testament (Puzzle Lady, #2)
  • Dead Man's Island (Henrie O, #1)
  • The End of the Pier
(from Fantastic Fiction online)

Dorothy Cannell was born in London, England, and now lives in Belfast, Maine. Dorothy Cannell writes mysteries featuring Ellie Haskell, interior decorator and Ben Haskell, writer and chef, and Hyacinth and Primrose Tramwell, a pair of dotty sisters and owners of the Flowers Detection Agency.

(from Internet Book List)

Dorothy Cannell, a mother of four, grandmother of te
More about Dorothy Cannell...

Ellie Haskell Mystery (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Thin Woman (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #1)
  • The Widow's Club (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #2)
  • Mum's the Word (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #3)
  • How to Murder Your Mother-In-Law (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #5)
  • How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #6)
  • The Spring Cleaning Murders (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #7)
  • The Trouble with Harriet (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #8)
  • Bridesmaids Revisited (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #9)
  • The Importance of Being Ernestine (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #10)
  • Withering Heights (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #11)