Start by marking “We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure” as Want to Read:
We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure

We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure

A trio of children embark on a daylong trek through the rainforest, discovering all sorts of exotic creatures in their natural habitats. The charming, rhyming text highlights an action verb for each creature, from chattering monkeys to crouching jaguars.
Published March 1st 2010 by Barefoot Books

To ask other readers questions about We're Roaming in the Rainforest, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about We're Roaming in the Rainforest

Lisa
Jul 26, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that I just love!! As I read it I began thinking of children and teachers who would enjoy this book. I can see it being used with lessons for students in K-3 classrooms. I plan to purchase a copy and then share my ideas with teachers and also share the book with classes as a model for teachers. I would read it to 3rd grade students who are learning to write expository text and have them listen for embedded facts as I read. Then we can list a few, read the notes about a ...more
Paula
Aug 06, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it
Rhyming verse describes the activities of many of the creatures that inhabit the Amazon rainforest. Includes facts about the animals in the book and about the Amazon River and rainforest.
Beautiful illustrations and fun short text. Could even shorten it for the little ones
Mariah Christiansen
"We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure" is about the animals that live in the rainforest. It is a simple book to read, it tels the animals that live there and what they "say."
This book would be good for visual children, because the illustrations are very colorful and show all the animals that live in the rainfores.
This book is intended for younger readers, because it is an easier read, if they were jsut learning to read or learn about animals.
This book would be a good fit because
Ting Zhang
Nov 12, 2015 Ting Zhang rated it really liked it
This book is appropriate for ages 5 to 8 in early childhood classrooms. The book “We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure” introduces about Amazon Rainforest. It talks about a lot of animals in rainforest such as parrots, green iguanas, butterflies, short-tailed, black caimans, and poison dart frogs. I like this book because it provides colorful illustrations and simple verses. It helps children open their hearts and minds from all walks of life. It guides children pay attention and ...more
Dolly
Aug 29, 2011 Dolly rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
A rhyming narrative and whimsical and colorful illustrations make this a fun book to read aloud with children. With a sparse narrative and lots of interesting verbs, even the youngest of children will enjoy this tale. Additional information is provided in the back of the book about the Amazon, the people who live there, conservation efforts in the region, and the creatures featured in the story. The narrative reminds me of the song Over in the Meadow, with the sing-song rhyme and the different t ...more
Jenny
Sep 20, 2015 Jenny rated it liked it
Bright, colorful illustrations pair with simple dialogue from a variety of rain forest animals. The text is simple enough to capture the attention of preschoolers or to be read by young readers. The book contains additional information about the Amazon rainforest, conservation, the people of the Amazon, and the animals featured in the book. I liked the end matter and felt it added more substance to the book.

Possible classroom uses:
*use as a model for lessons on writing dialogue
*possible text wh
Shannon Brasher
I really enjoyed this book! The pictures are so eye catching and the colors are so vibrant. Each page discusses a different animal one may encounter in the Amazon and seems to be written more for younger readers. However, at the end of the book are maps, more detailed information on the specific animals, conservation, as well as a lot more valuable information which allows you to take the book to a higher level for older students. I would have this book in my library and see the potential of usi ...more
Betsy
This book about the rainforest goes beyond the general knowledge
or ideas about the rainforest. What I enjoyed most about the book
was at the end there is a section about the people of the Amazon.
I thought it was comprehensible for younger readers and still informative for
older readers. The illustrations are beautiful and the words are fun to read.
A full recommendation for this book if you are looking to teach your child
about other places.
Kristine Hansen
A picture book with run illustration and rhyme used to introduce the rainforest. The information at the back seems much more suited to older kids, while the text is best for younger children. Makes it a hard book to find useful with anyone - it's too much for some readers, not enough for others. Still, it's a good way to introduce a unit I suppose, though I suspect there are better books out there.
Jenna Arntz
Sep 01, 2015 Jenna Arntz rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome book! This story describes a typical day for several species that live in the rainforest. I love that it has several different animals and it tells what they do during the day, whether they sleep, hide or hunt. I also love the vibrant colors and pictures. My favorite part is that at the very end it talks about the native people that live in the rainforest and it also talks about ways to help conserve the rain forest. I would definitely read this to my students.
Whirl Girl
Aug 02, 2011 Whirl Girl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: top-five, peru
This was The Whirl Girl's favorite book of the month. Each page features a different animal in the rainforest, including some of her favorite scary animals - crocodiles and snakes! The rhyming text tells a simple story, taking the reader through a day in the rainforest of animals sleeping, playing, and eating. The illustrations are cheery and vivid.
Tanya
Nov 07, 2013 Tanya rated it really liked it
This is a good one for mixed age with preschool in there. The pictures and main story are colorful, simple and appealing to the very young. The last pages in the book offer more detailed information about the habitat, tribes and conservation efforts in the rainforest, more interesting for grade school kids. Overall, this was a great intro to our more detailed study of the rainforest.
Pauline
Oct 04, 2012 Pauline rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
What a lovely picture book - the illustrations are reminiscent of Eric Carle's work - by have a unique characteristic as well.
The story arc takes three diverse children through a day in the rainforest. I also really liked that there's even rode information at the back of the book to sustain the interest for older readers.
Sandi Roe
Jan 13, 2014 Sandi Roe rated it really liked it
Shelves: lap-sit
Vivid illustrations will capture the interest of young readers. The storyline is simple, and there is something for the kids to do with each animal, ie.. crouch with the jaguars, or jump with the monkeys. Fun read-a-loud!
Kaitlyn Lawrence
This book is about the animals and the characteristics of the rainforest. I liked this book because of the lesson it taught about the importance of the rain forest and the need to recycle to save it. The book brings science into the read aloud.
Robin
Features motions/actions of a variety of rainforest animals (spider monkeys, sloths, jaguars, poison dart frogs and leaf cutter ants, among others.) Notes at the end tell more about the Amazon ecosystem, the peoples who live there, conservation, and the animals featured in the book.
Dina
Oct 17, 2012 Dina rated it really liked it
The pages of this book were captivating to my young three year old. The words maybe borderline too much, but good exposure to the vocabulary.
Kristen
Aug 23, 2010 Kristen rated it liked it
Nice intro for preschoolers and kindergartners to the kinds of animals that live in the Amazon Rainforest.
Sandra
Aug 30, 2016 Sandra rated it really liked it
Cute for a preschool/kindergarten read along
Marissa García
Apr 08, 2014 Marissa García rated it liked it
Shelves: animals, rain-forest
A quality trek through the rain forest. Bright, bold illustration accompanies rhyming text that introduces uncommon animals. Good storytime choice.
Enka-Candler Library
Jul 22, 2013 Enka-Candler Library rated it really liked it
This is a stand-out title for toddlers and preschoolers. Fun to read aloud; encourages movement; full of bold illustrations.

Highly recommended. It was a joy to read aloud.

Melisa
Karen
Not sure what this wants to be - rain forest romp for toddlers, or info book for elementary schoolers. The pictures are wonderfully colorful though - loved the endpapers (purply bright).
Rani
#Adventure #Rainforest #Amazon #animals #sounds. Discover the animals in their homes in amazon rainforest.
Ingrid
Ingrid rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015
Aspasia
Aspasia rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2011
C.M
C.M rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Eileen
Eileen rated it liked it
Sep 08, 2011
Diana
Diana rated it it was ok
Aug 28, 2013