We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure

We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A trio of children embark on a daylong trek through the rainforest, discovering all sorts of exotic creatures in their natural habitats. The charming, rhyming text highlights an action verb for each creature, from chattering monkeys to crouching jaguars.
Published March 1st 2010 by Barefoot Books

Paula
Rhyming verse describes the activities of many of the creatures that inhabit the Amazon rainforest. Includes facts about the animals in the book and about the Amazon River and rainforest.
Beautiful illustrations and fun short text. Could even shorten it for the little ones
Mariah Christiansen
"We're Roaming in the Rainforest: An Amazon Adventure" is about the animals that live in the rainforest. It is a simple book to read, it tels the animals that live there and what they "say."
This book would be good for visual children, because the illustrations are very colorful and show all the animals that live in the rainfores.
This book is intended for younger readers, because it is an easier read, if they were jsut learning to read or learn about animals.
This book would be a good fit because...more
Dolly
Aug 29, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
A rhyming narrative and whimsical and colorful illustrations make this a fun book to read aloud with children. With a sparse narrative and lots of interesting verbs, even the youngest of children will enjoy this tale. Additional information is provided in the back of the book about the Amazon, the people who live there, conservation efforts in the region, and the creatures featured in the story. The narrative reminds me of the song Over in the Meadow, with the sing-song rhyme and the different t...more
Marissa Garcia
A quality trek through the rain forest. Bright, bold illustration accompanies rhyming text that introduces uncommon animals. Good storytime choice.
Sandi Roe
Vivid illustrations will capture the interest of young readers. The storyline is simple, and there is something for the kids to do with each animal, ie.. crouch with the jaguars, or jump with the monkeys. Fun read-a-loud!
Tanya
This is a good one for mixed age with preschool in there. The pictures and main story are colorful, simple and appealing to the very young. The last pages in the book offer more detailed information about the habitat, tribes and conservation efforts in the rainforest, more interesting for grade school kids. Overall, this was a great intro to our more detailed study of the rainforest.
Whirl Girl
This was The Whirl Girl's favorite book of the month. Each page features a different animal in the rainforest, including some of her favorite scary animals - crocodiles and snakes! The rhyming text tells a simple story, taking the reader through a day in the rainforest of animals sleeping, playing, and eating. The illustrations are cheery and vivid.
Pauline
What a lovely picture book - the illustrations are reminiscent of Eric Carle's work - by have a unique characteristic as well.
The story arc takes three diverse children through a day in the rainforest. I also really liked that there's even rode information at the back of the book to sustain the interest for older readers.
Karen
Not sure what this wants to be - rain forest romp for toddlers, or info book for elementary schoolers. The pictures are wonderfully colorful though - loved the endpapers (purply bright).
Enka-Candler Library
This is a stand-out title for toddlers and preschoolers. Fun to read aloud; encourages movement; full of bold illustrations.

Highly recommended. It was a joy to read aloud.

Melisa
Dina
The pages of this book were captivating to my young three year old. The words maybe borderline too much, but good exposure to the vocabulary.
Elizabeth
Spanish version, some of the rhymes seemed a little forced but would be a good one for a preschool storytime about the jungle.
Kris
Nice intro for preschoolers and kindergartners to the kinds of animals that live in the Amazon Rainforest.
Amazonian rainforest version of "Over in the Meadow". Includes several pages of facts.
Marge
Sep 22, 2010 Marge added it
Shelves: picture-books
good theme for jungle animals
Sharon
Sharon added it
Jun 16, 2014
Yourbirdie Nguyen
Yourbirdie Nguyen marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ashley M
Ashley M marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Podirathna
Podirathna marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2014
Anne-Marie
Anne-Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Chandan Malick
Chandan Malick marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
We All Went On Safari The Beeman We're Sailing Down the Nile: A Journey Through Egypt Off We Go to Mexico: An Adventure in the Sun We're Sailing to Galapagos: A Week in the Pacific