On Shadow Beach

On Shadow Beach (Angel's Bay #2)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  561 ratings  ·  32 reviews

The California town of Angel’s Bay has had its share of troubles: from the long-unsolved murder of a teenage girl to the young police officer recently left in a coma after being shot. But miracles also have a way of happening . . . as if angels really do keep a watchful eye there. In this touching and suspenseful novel, bestselling author Barbara Freethy returns
Published March 30th 2010 by Pocket Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about On Shadow Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Shadow Beach

Cemre
İlk kitabı okuduğum için çok mutluyum çünkü bu seri gerçekten de çok güzel. Bu kitap ilkinden de güzeldi. Bayıldım! Her bir sayfa ayrı heyecanlı, ayrı duygusaldı. Shane ve Lauren çiftine bayıldım. Bunun yanı sıra Colin uyanacak mı ölecek mi diye de ben okurken öldüm öldüm dirildim. Bunun yanı sıra Joe ve Charlotte ilk kitaba göre biraz daha az olsa da onları yeniden okumak güzeldi. Seride en sevdiğim nokta her bir kitapta ana karakterler olmakla birlikte yan karakterlerin de özenle yazılmış olma...more
Bookaholics
On Shadow Beach by Barbara Freethy
Contemporary Romance -March 30, 2010
4 Stars

Barbara Freethy does an amazing job in ‘On Shadow Beach’ putting both elements of long-lost love and mystery together.

This book is the second novel following On Angel’s Bay, which also takes place in a small California town where there was a long-unsolved murder of a teenage girl.

But that dead girl was Lauren Jamison’s sister. Lauren left Angel’s Bay to try to forget about the past, but she is forced to return to take...more
♥Jamie
Number two in Barbara Freethy's Angel's Bay series, on Shadow Beach is a story that introduces a new hero and heroine as well as continues the minor stories from the previous book.

Summary:
Lauren Jamison hasnt been home to Angel's Bay in a little over thirteen years. Not since her fifteen year old little sister, Abby, was found murdered in the basement of the old Ramsay mansion. Lauren, her mother, and her little brother moved away shortly after, not being able to deal with the memories, but Lau...more
Heather
This is my first Barbara Freethy book. My feelings on this story are mixed. I wanted to find out who committed the crime but also I thought the book was just overrun with characters that didn't need to be there. (possible spoiler alert ) For example: who is the father of Annie's baby? will Andrew and Charlotte get back together? will Charlotte and Joe get together instead? Did Rachel cheat on her husband with Devlin? is there any hope for Rachel and Joe? is Devlin going to continue with his movi...more
Donna Alward
The second in the Angel's Bay series by Freethy. I liked this one even better than the first (Suddenly One Summer). It really ramped up towards the end with a bit of a twist I didn't quite see coming.

Some pieces did fit together rather conveniently at the end, and I wished that the epilogue had been another page or two longer - it felt rather rushed for such a momentous moment. But it was a great read that had me reaching for the tissues twice in the last 60 pages.

Now my big question is...when d...more
Christi
As always, Barbara Freethy's characters just swept me away. There are recurring characters and I loved the ongoing story lines of the "background" couples. However, my problem was that except for a one sentence dialogue, the main characters from the first book aren't mentioned. This is supposed to be a small town where everyone knows everyone else. I had hoped for a glimpse into their storyline. Hopefully they will be in the 3rd book!
Vivian Archer
I'm a sucker for second chance romances, and this is a wonderful story. A suspense set in a small California seaside town with a lot of emotions and heartache as the characters confront not only the present, but the tragic past. Characterization was strong with well developed characters you can't help but hope for. I can't wait to read more of the series, Angel Bay.

Recommended for a sweet and emotional read.
Shelly
This was a good book. I wasn't sure I'd be able to jump into the series when I saw it was number 2, but there was no problem catching on. The romance was not really the focus for me because there were so many layers to the book. I was more interested in the murder and the coma stories. The murderer was somewhat of a surprise for me which has only happened a few times that I can think of.
Dianne
This was an incredibly good book from start to finish! I thought I knew who the murderer was but I was wrong! I love mystery books that keep me guessing and then surprise me in the end. I highly recommend this series...I plan to start reading book 3 tomorrow.
Julie Smith
Well Barbara did it! She had me in tears. What an awesome book. I can't wait to start the third one. As a matter a fact after I write out this review I am ordering it. I am really loving the Angel Bay Series. I am having a hard time putting these books down. :)
Rhonda Rae Baker
Totally different story but in the same location of Angel's Bay. I was quite surprised and am hooked on reading all of the series.

Mystery, suspense, relationships...everything is there and I'm ready to take a vacation to visit this little town. Wonderful writing!
SJuhl4
Enough action in the romance to keep us riveted. For those of us to need a mystery with our romance, this does the trick. The unsolved murder adds much to the story along with the conflict the main characters endure while trying to find the answers.
Jill
Second book of the Angel's Bay series and my favorite! Such an emotional and well-written story and I was on the edge of my seat worrying that things weren't going to work out. This is such a special story. Love, love, this series!
Stephanie
You know when you can't put a book down b/c you just wanna know what happens next? I love when that happens and if definitly happened with this one! I finished the book in less than 24 hours! Onto the next in the series!
Kelly
good book for the beach bag...enough tragic circumstance to keep me reading but definitely not the most intellectual books Ive read!! I may have to do the third to finish the trilogy....10m days of summer left!
Lori
I could not put this book down! I have never been able to predict the ending of Barbara Freethy's novels. If you enjoy mysteries, you will enjoy this book.
Karen
I enjoyed returning to Angel's Bay in the second book of the series..Love the recurring characters and the town and it's mysteries..Would highly recommend..
Peni
I love this series in so many ways. I highly recommend that a reader start at the beginning of the series to get the most out of it.
Casey Dawes
I enjoyed and raced through this one, too. I like how she's dealing with difficult issues within the romance.
♥ Nell ♥
OMG!! This book made me cry!! Love the characters, and side plot story-lines. Can't wait for the next book!
Amy
A very good book. I am liking this author more and more..This is the 2nd book in the series.
Linda
Laura Jamison sisters long ago murder mystery and romance. Angel Bay series.book 2
Michelle
Apr 04, 2010 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
LOVED IT!!! The 2nd book proved to be better than the first! And I LOVED THE FIRST ONE!
Cindy
i enjoyed this book. i would definitely read more books in this series.
April
In the middle, enjoying it. Trying to figure out the mystery...
Donna
Another great story with romance, suspense and a cliff-hanger!!
Donna
This whole series is great! Can't wait for the next one!
Caroan
Great series! Love all the storylines and characters.
Mum
Great for a long flight or a rainy day.
Kelly
....again an enjoyable, wonderful book!
  • Lord of Scandal
  • The Comforts of Home (Harmony, #3)
  • On Lavender Lane (Shelter Bay, #3)
  • Come Fly With Me (Alaskan Nights, #2)
  • Hometown Girl (Chesapeake Diaries, #4)
  • Relentless Seduction
  • The Hand-Me-Down Family
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Warrior Rising (The Esri #4)
  • The Passions of Chelsea Kane
  • One Wrong Step (The Borderline, #2)
  • Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #18)
  • The Snow Globe
  • Meridian Six
  • The Difference a Day Makes (Perfect, Indiana, #2)
  • The True Love Quilting Club (Twilight, Texas, #2)
Barbara's love of writing developed out of a love of reading. Growing up in an all-boy neighborhood, she spent quite a bit of time reading through her mother's large library, many of which were romantic novels. After graduating from the University of California at Santa Barbara, she went into Public Relations, but soon discovered that writing was her true passion.

Barbara has since published 35 nov...more
More about Barbara Freethy...
Just the Way You Are Don't Say a Word Ryan's Return All She Ever Wanted Summer Secrets