Start by marking “Second Chance” as Want to Read:
Second Chance

Second Chance

Ty has been hurt by life and has sworn off relationships, but his curiosity is piqued by a motorcycle-riding hunk who comes through his Wal-Mart line and buys the same thing day after day: two Slim Jims, a sixty-four count box of crayons and Cracker Jacks. Ty's curiosity gets the better of him and he goes out with Jonah, but Ty's best friend, Lucky, is sure Jonah is bad ne ...more
Published February 22nd 2010 by Excessica Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Second Chance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Second Chance

Aug 31, 2011 Tam rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
Ty works at Walmart and everyday this huge biker guy comes at lunch and buys a 64 pack of crayons, some slim jims and crackerjacks. Ty is intrigued but his female friend/coworker Lucky thinks he's creepy and a pedophile. Ty is covering for Lucky one weekend and he gets to talking with Jonah and they have lunch. Ty refuses to ride on his motorcycle and after they have some raunchy sex he finally admits why. He was in an accident that killed his partner and they had been raising his young daughter ...more
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Now I'm not sure what is going on. I've been a fan of Ms. Kitt's for a while. This story is probably more a 2.5 than a two, but due to truncation, it sits as a two.

In this one, it's the dedicated first M/m one I've read by ms. Kitt. It's a sweet romantic one with a sad twist. There are some off hand comments in the story which raises questions left unanswered. It's a bit annoying but it is a short story. This is a quick read for anyone interested in a sweet contemporary romance.
Jan 01, 2013 Sassafrass rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt
I really enjoyed this story. It's a bit of a departure from what I typically think of when I read Selena Kit but I was pleasantly surprised. But, why, why, WHY did it have to end where it did??!!?? I wanted more!!!!!!!
Tamarrion Lash
May 11, 2011 Tamarrion Lash rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Исключительно хорошо, но мало.
Heather in FL
Nov 28, 2012 Heather in FL rated it really liked it
So this, to me, was a little different for a Selena Kitt story. There was the steam and some sex, but I don't think I've ever read a m/m story of hers. She does lots of f/f and f/f/m, but not so much m/m.

This was a sweet story about a Wal-mart cashier who has a crush on a guy who comes in every day and buys the same things every time. The cashier, Ty, thinks Jonah might be gay, but isn't sure until Jonah catches him getting ready to take his lunch break and invites him to lunch. Sparks fly, and
Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~
Really enjoyed this book, but like many others was very disappointed in the ending. I thought there were at least 30 more pages of reading when the story ended - abruptly. However, I think the chemistry between Jonah and Ty more than made up for what was lacking. I loved that they were 2 ordinary guys dealing with everyday problems - no glitz or glamor here. Ms. Kitt packed a lot of emotion in such a little short story.
Shelley Chastagner
Short story but very well written. The very beginning of Ty and Jonah's relationship. Both carry burdens of pain and loss. The slow revelation of what lingers in each man's past makes for a great book. I would love to see a follow up book.
Adult read
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This was a sweet, romantic, short story about second chances. I don't usually go for M/M stories, but this one really touched my heart. Even though it's a really short story, I found myself in love with the characters and wanting them to make it!
Life was unfair and cruel to Ty, when he lost his small family, his farm and almost lost his life, too. But after some time spent alone and hurting he is presented with another chance of happiness.
Short and sweet (but not overly so :))
Mar 10, 2013 Shannon rated it it was ok
This wasn't really long enough to give us a real story but it was a really good "start" to a story. Walmart worker and a guy who comes thru his line every day get together for lunch and there it all begins. Cute little book.
Kia Shiru
Feb 03, 2012 Kia Shiru rated it really liked it
Since it is sold as erotica I had expected more of an erotica plot, not a romance plot. But the story is sweet albeit very short, I do wish there had been more...
Charmaine Stephens
Jul 01, 2013 Charmaine Stephens rated it liked it
Shelves: man-love-m-m
Not going to do a longer review for this since it was pretty short. I just wish it lasted longer. I thought it was a sweet sexy story overall.
Kendra T
Cute story about meeting a new guy and saying "told you so" to the friend who tried to tell you he was bad news. Cute story overall.
Jan 17, 2011 Jaden rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A beautiful story. I've just started reading this genre, and a friend told me this was a good one to start with. So very good.
Sep 06, 2015 Tj rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Good short story. Nicely written. Disappointed a bit by the ending:(
Jul 23, 2012 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, free-reads, erotica
This one I really liked.
About trust and giving life and love another go.
Nov 08, 2011 Grandmat rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
Good read, interesting characters, but way too short.
Jacquita Williams
Oct 05, 2012 Jacquita Williams rated it it was amazing
I wanted a longer story but it was a good read.
Marsha Spence
Feb 21, 2015 Marsha Spence rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm-dd, contemporary
Like it but wanted more.
Feb 01, 2011 Lora rated it really liked it
A short story. Very cute.
Dec 23, 2011 Gale rated it liked it
Read in 2010.
Sep 27, 2013 Eva rated it really liked it
Laura Troxel
Laura Troxel marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2016
Scarlett Rue
Scarlett Rue rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
Dawn marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Richelle Sharp
Richelle Sharp rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Jana Leah
Jana Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Yareni rated it it was ok
Jun 27, 2016
Sarah Toussaint
Sarah Toussaint marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2016
  • The Name on My Wrist
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
  • Forgotten Soul (Soul Reader, #1)
  • Dark Angel (Vampire #.5)
  • Rider
  • A Limited Engagement
  • Lions and Tigers and Snares
  • The Wild Side of Christmas
  • Midnight
  • Tomfoolery
  • Jungle Heat
  • The Naughty Ones
  • Handyman (Plain Brown Wrapper)
  • Yes, Sir
  • Supplicant (Dominance, #1)
  • Home Port
  • Breaking Point
  • Innocence to the Max (Iunctiō Cōpula, #0.5)
Selena Kitt is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling and award-winning author of erotic and romance fiction. She is one of the highest selling erotic writers in the business with over two million books sold!

Her writing embodies everything from the spicy to the scandalous, but watch out-this kitty also has sharp claws and her stories often include intriguing edges and twists that take readers to new, thoug
More about Selena Kitt...