Start by marking “Hot Ticket” as Want to Read:
Hot Ticket

Hot Ticket (New York Blades #4.5)

3.74  ·  Rating Details ·  1,139 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews

Readers score their own hot tickets to Deirdre Martin's Same Rink, Next Year; Julia London's Lucky Charm; Annette Blair's You Can't Steal First; and Geri Buckley's Can't Catch This.

Published May 1st 2006 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Hot Ticket, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Ticket

Luvmyfamily
Lucky charm by Julia London.

Price was a big superstitious baby ball player who conveniently blamed his slump on everyone but himself. Kelly is a self absorbed mean girl who uses someone's misfortune to her advantage and feels no remorse twisting something one says to another meaning all together. How they ended up together, I can't imagine because they're obviously toxic to each other.

Same rink next year by Deirdre Martin

The superstition thing was seriously dorky but I really liked this story. T
Ellie
This book had 3 stories in it. I really enjoyed the first two (lucky Charm and Same Rink Next Year) hated the third and tolerated the fourth.

About the ones I liked:
Lucky Charm was cute, if a little unrealistic (even for a sports-romance). Loved Parker and Kelly as individuals and as a couple. I also enjoyed that, in this particular story, saying "I Love You" or even just proving that they loved each other didn't solve their problems.

Same Rink Next Year had a great concept. Again, really liked th
Michelle the Romance Witch
overall four very entertaining stories with original plots and fun love scenes. though by far my favorite was Deirdre knight's Same Rink next Year the others were all enjoyable as well.
Makii
Aug 16, 2014 Makii rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"-Al final, supongo que no importa cuánto tiempo hace que están juntos. Sé que hay parejas que han estado juntos durante años y todavía son unos desconocidos el uno para el otro. Y también están las parejas que se ven muy poco, pero de algún modo, su conexión es muy profunda. —Instintivamente buscó a Tierney con los ojos—. Lo importante no es la cantidad del tiempo que pasen juntos, sino la calidad."

By Deirdre Martin- Same Rink, Next Year. (Ni se porque este libro esta con la serie New York Bla
Miki
Dec 31, 2013 Miki rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sport-romance
i will update this review gradually each time i do finish one of the novella included so the general rating of the book could change but i feel it would be better than to review the book as a whole since there are different authors and one i like less could interfere with the rest.

Lucky charm by Julia London score 2 ( 2,5)

it's was only OK for me because i couldn't really enjoy this one principaly because of teh female character. Now perhaps it's becaus ei'm not american and in my country people
Candace
Feb 07, 2012 Candace rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked up this book because it was listed as #5 in the New York Blades series by Deirdre Martin. I love this series so was anxious to read #5.

While the story was about a hockey player, it was in no way related to the NY Blades. David did not play for the Blades and the story was set in Chicago. So, I did not see how it fit at all into the NY Blades series. It would have been easy to make it fit nicely into the series by either making him a Blades player or by setting the book in NY and having
Erin
Read August 9th 2013 for Deirdre Martin's Same Rink, Next Year: Though it had none of the Blades, this an enjoyable little story.

Tierney and David.

A standing date between the two whenever David was in town. A blizzard changed those plans.

Both characters were likable. (Wow, I think this might have been the first female in the last 5 or so reviews that I've actually liked??)

I think Ms Martin could have easily made this an actual Blades short story instead of being just a Hockey story (of which the
Susan (susayq ~)
In case you didn't read my ongoing review/comments while I read, let me recap. And I'll start with the last story in case you did read my blabbering.

Can't Catch This was meh. Josh was kinda cocky, but not in a way I liked. I understand he was busy with his business, but he kept running out on her....hence the title.

You Can't Steal First was also meh. There was just something about it that made this very difficult to read.

Same Rink, Next Year was WONDERFUL! I am now in the process of trying to
Amanda
First of all I want let you know that my star rating is based on One Story in this anthology. I didn't read the any of the others. The only story I read was by Deidre Martin called Same Rink, Next Year.

This was such a cute read. Very fast of course but still cute. I loved that there wasn't an epiphany of oh I Love you and that you were left hoping things would work but not really sure. It had a very realistic feel to it and the writing was right up there with the others, in this series. I'm defi
Jacqueline
Jul 05, 2014 Jacqueline marked it as taking-a-break  ·  review of another edition
Deirdre Martin - Same Rink, Next Year
3 stars
Kinda cute, I guess...but aside from David being a hockey player, what does this story have to do with the New York Blades? Will David and Tierney show up in future books in the series?
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
A collection of four short stories. Julia London's Lucky Charm was pretty good. It was easily the best story in the book. The interaction between sports reporter and athlete was amusing. Same Rink, Next Year by Deirdre Martin had an interesting premise and the sex was hot, but ultimately it fell short of the mark with a ridiculous ending. You Can't Steal First by Annette Blair had an unbelievable premise followed by choppy writing. And the final entry, Can't Catch This by Geri Buckley was just a ...more
Tilequa
Deirdre Martin's Same Rink, Next Year has a sexy concierge hooking up with the same gorgeous hockey player every year. Uncomplicated? Not when love enters the picture. Julia London's Lucky Charm listens in on an uninhibited radio host who goes head-to-head with a hot-shot shortstop-on-the-air and off. Annette Blair's You Can't Steal First follows a Red Sox star player who's interested in a sexy sporting-goods magnate. But first he has to prove he's not just playing the field. Geri Buckley's Can' ...more
Marse
May 14, 2014 Marse rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me encantó esta pequeña historia, quiero más de Deirdre :)
Lindsey
I hate to rate this one so low since the fantastic short story "Same Rink, Next Year" by Deirdre Martin is included, but to be honest as a whole it was practically un-readable. Individually I would rate the stories as follows: "Lucky Charm" by Julia London - three stars; "Same Rink, Next Year" by Deirdre Martin - four stars; "Can't Catch This" by Geri Buckley - one star and "Hot Ticket Express" by Annette Blair - one star. Overall a rather disappointing read.
Maggie
Aug 09, 2010 Maggie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love an anthology and I love stories about athletes! This book contained 3 stories all by authors I haven't read before-- I will now! My favorites in this anthology was Same Rink, Next Year by Deidre Martin & You Can't Steal First by Annette Blair but I liked the other 2 stories too! Great, quick and fun anthology! I picked this up on a whim and I'm glad I did!
Brenda Haven
What can I say? An anthology is an anthology. Lots of fluff, little substance. First two stories were ok, third and fourth less than that. Maybe three stars is too high a rating. Not sure if I am being too harsh since I don't have a very high opinion of anthologies to start with.
Kerste
This review is based only on Deirdre Martin's story, I did not read the other short stories. I'm not that big of a fan of short stories and while it was another hockey story and the portrayal of a goalie's insanity was quite detailed, the story wasn't necessarily my favorite.
Kim
Oct 27, 2011 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grabbed this book just to read something quick. It was okay. Four stories with sports as a connection. None of them really stand out in my mine, however I must admit that I really liked the idea of a glass-domed observation train car... and all that went with it.
Sheri Ward
Nov 19, 2009 Sheri Ward is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This anthology includes four novellas:

Lucky Charm, by Julia London
Same Rink, Different Year, by Deirdre Martin
You Can't Steal First, by Annette Blair
Can't Catch This, by Geri Buckley

So far...enjoying them fairly well.
Elke
Sep 11, 2011 Elke rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this book because of Deirdre Martin's contribution, but I like her other, longer, stories better. It was a bit too rushed and I like some drama in the characters' life. Read the first, 2nd and last story, the 3rd one was just not my cup of tea.
April
Aug 02, 2015 April rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I hated the first book. I picked this up because of the second book and really liked it. The other two books weren't bad but weren't great either. They didn't make me want to go out and see what else these writers have done.
Meril
The best story in here was the arena football one, possibly because I didn't have to screen out the sport-related issues to enjoy the story. Also, re the second baseball story: why, hello there, Johnny Damon clone. Arrrrrrgh.
Karen
May 22, 2010 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keeper
I like anthologies because I don't always have time to focus on a whole book. I enjoy sports romance stories, so this did not disappoint-I would recommend this book for anyone who likes sports and romance stories.
Lynne
Aug 07, 2011 Lynne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports
This anthology was filled with hits and really big misses, but this first story with Julia London is a keeper. I loved how the sports announcer is totally throwing his game off. It's a good story.
penelopewanders
An anthology with sports-based spicy stories. Cute, a little uneven... but entertaining.
Started reading this and then left it for two weeks while away on holiday. Picked it up when I returned.
Nibrock
Oct 12, 2012 Nibrock rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Easy, fast & cheesy. Describes both the book and the female characters in this book. Nothing new... nothing outstanding. A bit of a disappoitment after reading other books by these authors.
Karen
Feb 27, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2012
The novellas by Julia London ("Lucky Charm") and Deirdre Martin ("Same Rink Next Year") were both very enjoyable. I did not finish the other novellas in the book.
Heather Mckenna
If this book had only been the first 2 stories I would have given it more stars. I REALLY liked Deirdre Martin and Julia London, not so much the other two. :-)
Sarah Eiseman
Really enjoyed the Martin and London installments. Didn't finish the other two--neither of them held my interest for more than a few pages.
  • Double the Heat (contains New York Blades, #7.5)
  • Boys Of Summer
  • Curveball (Richmond Rogues, #2)
  • Knock Me for a Loop (Chicks with Sticks #3)
  • Face-Off
  • Hired (Hot Ice, #1)
  • Sliding into Home (Harlequin Blaze, #486)
  • Stealing Home (Diamonds and Dugouts, #1)
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • On The Move (NASCAR, #6)
  • Bayou Bad Boys
  • Thin Ice
  • Slow Heat (Pacific Heat, #2)
  • To All A Good Night
  • Hardball (Philadelphia Patriots, #2)

New York Times Bestselling Author Deirdre Martin was six when she wrote her first "book,”a Peanuts parody. In addition to penning bad, maudlin poetry in junior high school and serving as the Arts Editor on her high school newspaper, she was also the Arts Editor at her colleg
More about Deirdre Martin...

New York Blades (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Body Check (New York Blades, #1)
  • Fair Play (New York Blades, #2)
  • Total Rush (New York Blades, #3)
  • The Penalty Box (New York Blades, #4)
  • Chasing Stanley (New York Blades, #5)
  • Just A Taste (New York Blades, #6)
  • Power Play (New York Blades, #7)
  • Icebreaker (New York Blades, #8)
  • Breakaway (New York Blades, #9)
  • Hip Check (New York Blades #10)