Start by marking “The Ranger ” as Want to Read:
The Ranger

The Ranger (Men Out of Uniform #6)

He looks good in uniform

He looks even better out of it!

Will Forrester--former Army Ranger, Southern gentleman, quintessential badass. Now an elite member of Ranger Security, Will once again has his work cut out for him. Especially when he meets Rhiannon Palmer.

She's the most bullheaded, mouthy, flat-out sexy woman he's ever encountered. And he can't keep his hands off her.
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #545, 217 pages
Published June 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Ranger, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ranger

Dina
May 03, 2010 Dina rated it it was amazing
As the 6th installment in her Men Out of Uniform series, Ms. Nelson takes us back to Ranger Security, the private investigation company run by former militaries Flanagan (The Player), Payne (The Specialist) and McCann (The Maverick).

Will Forrester is the Man Out of Uniform du jour and Ranger Security's new employee. He's left the Army after his latest mission ended with several civilian casualties and he's still fighting the grief and guilt over that. His 1st case at Ranger Security is a fairly
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Includes minor plot details.

I’m not sure why, but I was expecting a romantic suspense novel, and there was nothing suspenseful about The Ranger. That’s not to say it wasn’t a good story, because it was. I enjoyed the characters, former Army Ranger Will Forrester and elementary school guidance counselor, Rhiannon Palmer.

Will is described as a “bad ass,” but frankly, I never saw that. We know that he’s left the military because of a mission that went very wrong, in which a child died in his arms.
Kathrynn
Second Read 10-14-15 thru 10-16-15

- 4 1/2 Stars

Great book the second time around. Only 217 pages and because of that, the story moved along at a steady clip without any filler or slow parts. I like that!

Excellent chemistry between the main characters. Funny dialogue and I enjoyed Rhiannon's free spirit. They were both on a mission and what they found wasn't what they expected. Very nicely written and a solid 4 1/2 stars from me on the second read, too.

First Read 6-29-10 thru 6-30-10

- 4 1/2 S
Kathy
Mar 01, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it
Paige
Jun 22, 2010 Paige rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Hired to find an older man named Theo, Will Forrester, never expected to get in deep with Rhiannon Palmer. But her logic that she could help him finally made him allow her to come. All Rhiannon wanted was to find her mentor Theo, the man who help her learn to control and handle her ability to feel emotions from other people. The attraction between her and Will was just a bonus. But she could feel it wanting to become more than just a method to relax and have fun. Always being scared to give love ...more
Sassafrass
May 29, 2010 Sassafrass rated it really liked it
I have liked Rhonda Nelson's out of uniform series so far, and this book didn't disappoint either. Will is such a good guy, I was cheering for him and behind him throughout the book. Rhiannon is just the "march to the beat of your own drummer" kind of woman that he needs, and they suited each other fabulously. The sexual tension and chemistry was hot but also fun, and that made the book seem a lot more real.

I can't wait to see who is going to pop up next working for Ranger Security.
Janet
Feb 06, 2017 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
HBZ #545
Robin *loves sexy books*
Jun 12, 2010 Robin *loves sexy books* rated it really liked it
I really liked Rhiannon and Will together and this is just another in her long line of military man books that I love!
Mia
Apr 28, 2013 Mia rated it really liked it
Rhi-"Very confident, aren't you"
Will-"No..Just hopefull"
Lea
Feb 09, 2013 Lea marked it as to-read
Men out of uniform - Book 6
Paperback version
Krystean
Funny, hot & sexy, well-paced story with a heroine I actually really liked.
Nicole Clinton
Apr 28, 2015 Nicole Clinton rated it really liked it
I enjoined reading this book. It was my first harlequin blaze book :) I thought the added lure of the family treasure was a great addition to the book and it wouldn't have been as good with out it ;)
Jess
Jess rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2014
Mia Adorable
Mia Adorable rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2010
Dixie
Dixie rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2012
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2012
Angela Lambert
Angela Lambert rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2011
Elina
Elina rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2012
Michelle Hall
Michelle Hall rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011
Sakshi Agarwal
Sakshi Agarwal rated it it was ok
Jul 28, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2015
Alina
Alina rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2012
Kj
Kj rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2013
Hmurray
Hmurray rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2014
Cherolyne
Cherolyne rated it it was amazing
Sep 22, 2013
Darlene
Darlene rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2014
Mary S
Mary S rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2014
Colleen Spurlock
Colleen Spurlock rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Tonya Price
Tonya Price rated it did not like it
Jul 02, 2014
  • Born on the 4th of July
  • Her Last Line of Defense (Uniformly Hot!, #9)
  • Ripped!
  • SEALed and Delivered (Harlequin Blaze, #505) (Uniformly Hot!, #11)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Christmas Male (Uniformly Hot!, #12)
  • Terms of Surrender (Harlequin Blaze) (Uniformly Hot!, #18)
  • Jump Start
  • Ambushed! (Sons of Chance, #2)
  • Face-Off
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Hotshot \ Going for It (Uniformly Hot! #20)
  • Night Maneuvers

Men Out of Uniform (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Player
  • The Specialist
  • The Maverick
  • The Loner (Men Out of Uniform #4)
  • The Hell-Raiser