Start by marking “Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County, #22)” as Want to Read:
Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County, #22)

Her Hero in Hiding (Conard County & Conard County: The Next Generation #22)

On the run from a killer, Kay Young depended on the stranger who rescued her one snowy night. Though a lifetime of hurt had made her wary of men, Clint Ardmore was different. He offered her shelter, protection...and the chance to discover true passion.A soldier-turned-writer, Clint craved the privacy of his secluded ranch, where he could be alone with the gruesome memories ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published March 31st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Her Hero in Hiding, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Hero in Hiding

Mollie *scoutrmom*
Jul 18, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of contemporary suspense romance, even those who avoid series romance
Recommended to Mollie *scoutrmom* by: Romantic Times top pick
Mojca
I liked the premise of an ex-Special Ops turned a hermit into the wilderness of Wyoming that finds a beaten-up woman stumbling on the road, takes her home, nurses her back to health, and helps her get rid of a pesky problem.

Unfortunately it dragged for too long before anything significant happened. There was no major buildup to the climax, no slow escalating of suspense and dread, everything was okay one moment, there was the big showdown (only a couple of pages length), and then it ended.

I was
Paige
Jul 13, 2010 Paige rated it really liked it
Running from her abusive ex-boyfriend, Kay Young is found near collapse on the side the road by ex soldier, Clint Ardmore. Not being about to get over all he did and seen in combat, Clint now lives on a secluded ranch away from others, but he just couldn't leave anybody out in a storm like this, especially when he see her black eye. He offers to take her to the hospital, but when she freaks out muttering words about being found her decides just to take her home. There he learns the horror her ...more
Griz Girl
Feb 01, 2014 Griz Girl rated it it was amazing
Rachel Lee is one of my favorite go-to authors! She writes old-style romances that are so satisfying I almost want to hide the books like a guilty secret!

This book in particular made my cry & cry...and then feel so sickeningly happy by the end, I thought I would go into a diabetic coma.

So many books fall flat for me, since I read around 1 book a day--that finding an author who can evoke such an emotional response is a real gem. Definitely must-read!
Harlequin Books
"This story was riveting. It was emotional. It took place almost entirely in the living room of Clint's home. You could feel the tension. I loved it." From a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.
Nelda Carter
Sep 24, 2015 Nelda Carter rated it it was amazing
Kay is kidnapped beaten and raped, when she gets away she finds herself helped by a very strong man whom she has problems trusting but doesn't have a chose as she needs help while she recovers. He doesn't just help her recover but helps her find herself and love
Liz
Oct 09, 2010 Liz rated it really liked it
Part of the Conard County series, a favorite of mine. The hero, a disillusioned vet, helps a woman on the run from an abusive ex-boyfriend. The protagonists are intelligent and likeable, and the isolated ranch setting adds to the suspenseful atmosphere.
Justina
Feb 06, 2012 Justina rated it liked it
Wished there had been more of an ending. I guess it's so you read the next book. This is the first from this author I've read. I may read more from her cause the story was good!
Jennifer Harris
it was ok. Not impressed.

Well it was ok, I like the ESP angle and it did give suspense which I liked. But I wanted more romance and if there had been I would have enjoyed it more.
Hazel
Sep 18, 2012 Hazel rated it liked it
It was good but I felt it was a bit Meh. Then again Im probably not really the target market for mills and boon
Donna
Jun 02, 2010 Donna rated it really liked it
This was actually very good. The author managed to avoid a formula plot. The love story was touching and the suspense was great.
Ash
Aug 16, 2015 Ash rated it liked it
The author has really portrayed well about how the hero suffers from effects of the war but the book is really slow.
Janie
Janie rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Amber P
Amber P rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2011
Jan Ashenhurst
Jan Ashenhurst rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2014
Jenny Schwartzberg
Jenny Schwartzberg rated it liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Min
Min rated it did not like it
Sep 09, 2012
Godiva3
Godiva3 rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2012
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2015
N.J. Walters
N.J. Walters rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2013
Jane Rodgers
Jane Rodgers rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Stacy
Stacy rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2013
Maria
Maria rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2011
Tessa Walker
Tessa Walker rated it liked it
Apr 07, 2012
farmwifetwo
farmwifetwo rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2013
Jane
Jane rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Rahul Kumar
Rahul Kumar rated it liked it
Oct 04, 2013
Rita C
Rita C rated it liked it
Mar 18, 2014
Charlene Thompson
Jan 09, 2015 Charlene Thompson marked it as to-read
can some1 give me some help on how 2 open d books I just found dis site i'm new 2 it
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Longest Night (H.O.T. Watch, #4)
  • Protecting Plain Jane (The Precinct: SWAT #2; The Precinct #14)
  • Special Agent's Surrender
  • Manhunter (Wild Country #1)
  • The Ranger
  • Terms of Engagement (Alpha Squad #2)
  • Stranded with Her Ex
  • Her Private Avenger
  • His Woman in Command
  • Seducing Mr. Right
  • The Last Lone Wolf (Kings of California, #7)
  • Revealed: His Secret Child (The Takeover, #3)
  • The Wolven (The Keepers Trilogy #3)
19673

Rachel Lee is a New York Times best-selling author and the winner of Six Romantic Times magazine Reviewers' Choice Awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a five-time finalist for the Romance Writers of America's RITA Award. She has penned a wide variety of
More about Rachel Lee...

Conard County & Conard County: The Next Generation (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Exile's End   (Conard County, #1)
  • Cherokee Thunder (Conard County, #2)
  • Miss Emmaline and the Archangel (Conard County, #3)
  • Ironheart (Conard County, #4)
  • Lost Warriors (Conard County, #5)
  • Point of No Return (Conard County, #6)
  • Thunder Mountain (Conard County, #7)
  • A Question of Justice (Conard County, #8)
  • A Conard County Reckoning (Conard County, #9)
  • Nighthawk (Conard County, #10)

“Reading him was like reading runes — apparently you had to know the language.” 2 likes