Start by marking “His Bride for the Taking (Marconi, #1)” as Want to Read:
His Bride for the Taking (Marconi, #1)

His Bride for the Taking (Marconi #1)

It was understood that Prince Rafael Marconi's brother would wed Alexia Wyndham Jones. So Rafe was shocked to be tasked with escorting the American heiress to his country. Yet it proved the perfect opportunity to discover her real motives for marriage. One ounce of deceit and he'd send the beauty packing.

What the royal playboy never bargained for was his fierce attraction
Published June 8th 2010 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about His Bride for the Taking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Bride for the Taking

Mar 23, 2011 Sandra rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this sweet and sexy book by Sandra Hyatt. The story is about American heiress Lexie who eventually becomes engaged to Prince Adam whom she's had a crush on for most of her life. His brother Rafe is sent to accompany her to Adam's home in San Philippe. In the past Lexie never got on with Rafe, having formed some bad and wrong impressions about him. After spending alot of time with him she gets to know him and see what a wonderful person he is. This book has wonderful locations an ...more
Aug 06, 2011 Saly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Saly by: Sandra
I really enjoyed His Bride for the Taking it was fun, kind of seeing Rafe fight his growing feelings and fascination for Lexie. Lexie may be marrying his crown prince brother Adam, who she has had a crush on since she was small.

She has never liked Rafe much, he's the fun prince, the one in trouble and scandalous and with whom she doesn't share comfortable silence. Rafe thinks she will suit his brother but then he sees a different side of her, the one who likes clubbing and dancing.

I liked what L
Aug 28, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the development of the relationship between the hero and heroine. They were both trying to do the right thing by denying the physical attraction between them, but as they spent more time together, their attraction went past the physical. They liked each other's company; they respected each other's opinions and life choices. By the time they acted on it (not counting a few wayward kisses), they were already invested in each other lives.

The hero's sister's story is told in Falling for th
Sep 20, 2012 Dalia rated it it was amazing

I enjoyed this book for so many reasons. Emotionally satisfying, sprinkled with humour, scorching attraction, inner conflict trying to resist the irresistible, characters you can so easily root for.
Lexie is soon to be engaged to Adam, Rafe brother. He came to escort her to his country, thinking it is one of his royal duties & found the biggest challenge of his life. Handing the woman he wants to his brother. Rafe discovers uderneath the reserved exterior of Lexie, a passionate woman, and she
Jan 23, 2014 Roub rated it really liked it
very much fun how rafe fell 4 alexia ! amazing how those playboys always go 4 the innocent n good kinda girl. he got it really bad n it was obvious he had fallen hard from the very 1st. very sweet n endearing ! alexia was supposed 2 marry rafe's brother adam n had this huge crush on him since childhood. but when they met again after 4 years, it was obvious they shared a comfortable relationship, the big brother-small sister kinda bond. the raw sexual chemistry dat she had, was wid rafe. i was re ...more
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness
so very..very chic-lite !!! and with that aside ? where's the books ending and epilogue ? And yes ,I loved RAFE and all.

but still :( (view spoiler) I found the ending to be VERY ANTI-climatic :p
Dec 19, 2012 Mary marked it as to-read
I Loved His bride for the taking! I have to say I was rooting for Rafe and Lexie the whole time! His brother Adam you could tell did not want anything to do with her, was not even taking the time out to even really speak with her. This is one of those complex love triangles, you won't want to miss the ending.
Annette Blair
Mar 22, 2011 Annette Blair rated it it was amazing
It takes a great story to catch my attention and keep me reading, because I'm a writer and it's just not that easy to suspend one's internal editor, but I enjoyed this book tremendously, and I looked forward to reading whenever I had a chance. It's been a long time. Thanks Ms. Hyatt.
Jan 25, 2011 Deanna rated it really liked it
My usual read is a historical romance novel but I got this one free with a recent order to eharlequin. I love free so I'll give it a try! It was really good! I'm glad I stepped outta the box to try it!
Sep 04, 2011 Kendra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the best Desires I've read in a while. Loved how the angst didn't feel forced or over the top. B+/A-
ms bookjunkie
*chokes back a sob* So emotionally satisfying, love! *happy sigh*
The ending was sugary sweet, but I enjoyed the story.
Kasi Kent
Kasi Kent marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2016
Diana Aquino
Diana Aquino marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Victoria McDonald
Victoria McDonald rated it it was ok
Jul 18, 2016
Pheonix Fanfiction
Pheonix Fanfiction marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Lorann rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2016
Barbara D Parsons
Barbara D Parsons marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Tamri rated it liked it
Mar 01, 2016
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Reem19 marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Lei added it
Jan 03, 2016
Mendy rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2015
Rene Beccaris
Rene Beccaris marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2015
Eileen rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2015
Siska rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2015
Sabina marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2015
Vyella rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I’ve always loved reading – it started with The Famous Five and Nancy Drew. And then when I was older I discovered Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters and Georgette Heyer, thus sealing my fate as a romance junkie.

So, although I’ll read pretty much anything with words on a page, it’s romance I come back to every time, to pick me up, to envelop me in a different world, to make me laugh, to make me sigh.
More about Sandra Hyatt...

Marconi (3 books)
  • Falling for the Princess (Marconi, #2)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Marconi, #3)