Moe the Dog in Tropical Paradise

Moe the Dog in Tropical Paradise

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  6 reviews
What do you do when you have a week off in blustery January but you can't afford to go to the beach? If you're Moe the Dog, you bring the beach up north! "The perfect cure for the winter doldrums, with two expressively rendered characters that kids wouldn't mind meeting again." — "Booklist" "This blithesome tale of canine ingenuity offers midwinter warmth to those who begi...more
Published March 15th 1999 by Puffin (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Moe the Dog in Tropical Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moe the Dog in Tropical Paradise

Kaethe
We all love Moe. Here's the fun thing: Moe and his friend Darlene have homes and blue collar jobs, but they're pretty broke. They're aren't that many books that combine the adult freedom of movement with the children's experience of not being able to do something, in this case, to take a vacation away from the cold.

I added this to my art shelf because of one spread: it's two pages of all the little houses in the snow. One of my kids came home from school one day and had seen the original of that...more
Ashley
A canine twist on the lemonade from lemons adage - but fun nonetheless.
Kena Kump
Very cute book and I loved it, being a dog lover myelf. They take a unhappy winter day and turn it into one filled with sunshine. The dog creates his own island, how clever!!
Next to "Randy Dandy's Lions" this was my second favorite of all the picture books I read. Maybe because I miss my dogs back in Washington.
Debra
The power of imagination is a wonderful thing. Loved the idea of making a pretend Paradise. In fact I intend to try it ourselves. Winter won't get me down!
Dailey Baker
Adorable book with wonderful message of making paradise (enjoying yourself) wherever you are.
Maria
One of the best books of all time!
Marie
Marie added it
Jun 30, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Hailey
Hailey added it
Apr 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2013
Deea Neagu
Deea Neagu marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2013
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2013
Janice Heidlberger
Janice Heidlberger marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2013
Ashley
Ashley added it
Oct 14, 2012
Claire Caskey
Claire Caskey marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2012
Bella at Midnight The Silver Bowl (Silver Bowl, #1) Rumpelstiltskin's Daughter The Mysterious Case of the Allbright Academy Michelangelo