Start by marking “Die ohne Flügel fliegen. Frauen und Pferde - eine besondere Freundschaft.” as Want to Read:
Die ohne Flügel fliegen. Frauen und Pferde - eine besondere Freundschaft.

Die ohne Flügel fliegen. Frauen und Pferde - eine besondere Freundschaft.

Mary D. Midkiff examines the profound relationship between women and horses. Using memoir, anecdote, literature and myth, she shows that a woman's connection with a horse can reveal her strength. Girls and women represent over eighty percent of the participants in horse-related activities in the U.S. and this book will touch this audience.
Hardcover
Published August 1st 2002 by Heyne (first published 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about Die ohne Flügel fliegen. Frauen und Pferde - eine besondere Freundschaft.

Luminea
Jun 07, 2015 Luminea rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: animals, horses
I believe Susan Chernack McElroy's review on the back of this book truly sums it up. "Lyrical and compelling, Midkiff's prose speaks to the depth of a woman's soul."

This book was beautifully written and poignant. I loved reading all of the quotes that were interwoven with the author's story and found my soul deeply awakened. I recognized many of the qualities within myself that Midkiff rightly suggests horses evoke in women and it deepened my longing to have an opportunity for real horses to be
Chantal
Made me want to find a horse to sit with and ride again.
Jane
Apr 11, 2008 Jane rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this book, but then I love horses and I feel the very spiritual connection women and horses have. This book speaks to the depth of a woman's soul and the powerful spirit of horses. The author is such a gifted storyteller that it is a beautiful read!
Alexandria Andrews
Well written, eloquent view of how women relate to horses and riding. It made me miss riding desperately. I can't wait to saddle up again!
Heather Valentine
Beautifully written! Uplifting! This book easily became one of my favorites of all time. I will re-read it again and again.
Melissa
I liked it but it was "a little much" sometimes - maybe too heavy on the 'spiritual nature of women & horses'. We can like them but does it have to be oh so magical ? :)
christine nicholls
christine nicholls rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2009
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2011
Jessica Fernainy
Jessica Fernainy rated it really liked it
Dec 17, 2014
Steph
Steph rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2015
Emsapanza
Emsapanza rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2011
Carol Ochs
Carol Ochs rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2015
Kim Schiavone
Kim Schiavone rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Amanda Tee
Amanda Tee rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2014
comrade_skai
comrade_skai rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2011
Ashley W.
Ashley W. rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2009
Charlene M. Surratt
Charlene M. Surratt rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2014
Jewelz
Jewelz rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2011
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2012
Meagan
Meagan rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2011
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2009
Catie Feuker
Catie Feuker rated it liked it
May 29, 2014
Truth Devour
Truth Devour rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2013
Brianna Alex
Brianna Alex rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Riding Between the Worlds: Expanding Our Potential Through the Way of the Horse
  • Chicken Soup for the Horse Lover's Soul II: Inspirational Tales of Passion, Achievement and Devotion
  • Horses Never Lie: The Heart of Passive Leadership
  • Hold Your Horses: Nuggets of Truth for People Who Love Horses...No Matter What
  • Horses For Dummies
  • The Horses in My Life
  • The Nature of Horses
  • Where the Blind Horse Sings: The Uplifting Story of the Catskill Animal Sanctuary and the Animals Who Call It Home
  • Horse People: Scenes from the Riding Life
  • Angel Horses: Divine Messengers of Hope
  • Saddled: How a Spirited Horse Reined Me In and Set Me Free
  • No Buddy Left Behind: Bringing U.S. Troops' Dogs and Cats Safely Home from the Combat Zone
  • Zen Mind, Zen Horse: The Science and Spirituality of Working with Horses
  • Centered Riding
  • The Soul of a Horse: Life Lessons from the Herd
  • Equus: The Creation of a Horse
  • The Possibility Dogs: What a Handful of "Unadoptables" Taught Me About Service, Hope, and Healing
  • The Hearts of Horses