Start by marking “Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha?” as Want to Read:
Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha?

Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha?

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  9 reviews
As one of the top folk musicians in the country, Christine Lavin has seen it all--and she still loves the music and the life she feels privileged to lead. Published in honor of her twenty-fifth anniversary as a full-time, independent touring musician, Cold Pizza for Breakfast: A Mem-wha? is a memoir of road stories and adventures across the United States, Canada, and Austr ...more
Published June 1st 2010 by Tell Me Press

To ask other readers questions about Cold Pizza for Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cold Pizza for Breakfast

Julie Bestry
I've had Cold Pizza for Breakfast on my wish list for a year, but didn't buy it because I wanted it so much. Huh?

Let me explain. I've been a devoted fan of Christine Lavin, the funniest, most moving, most adorable folk singer ( a title that absolutely doesn't do her justice) for close to 25 years. I listened to her in college, when she made me laugh. I listened to her in grad school, when she kept me from crying. I pressed cassettes (that I've never gotten back) into the hands of friends and co
Ginna
I sped through this book, an easy read for someone who once performed "shopping cart of love" with two other bitchin' babes. Lavin's book is full of the same truths and funny turnarounds that endear her songs to me. Unfortunately, by two thirds of the way through the book, her rhythms were all too familiar - a small complaint when I consider the gift of her attitude & life experiences shared here. This is no literary masterpiece - but if you love Christine Lavin like I do (did I mention she ...more
Susannah Greenberg
I am proud to be publicizing this memoir of the funny, intelligent folk music singer songwriter, Christine Lavin, now in audiobook format as well. Christine's evokes the folk and comedy music world and she has known and worked with so many legendary figures from Bob Dylan to Robert Klein to Pete Seeger and so many more. "Christiine Lavin is the unsung heroine of the latter-day folk movement...Her autobiography, like her like, is a work of art," wrote Janis Ian, singer/songwriter.
David Macpherson
This brought me back to college when my friends were crazy for Lavin and other funny folk singers. Now, on thinking of it, I don't know where I was taste wise. I like her stuff, but give me vintage Kinks any day. Anyway. The memoir is pretty good, she goes off on tangents and never gets back. She almost was linear but most of the stories are enjoyable and some of her wisdom about being a professional musician was excellent.
Anne
Brilliant, hilarious and inspiring. What a life this woman has had! I've been listening to her music for years and I never realized just how important she is in the folk music world, nor what goes into creating that kind of a career. I guess it's to be expected that at 22, I don't have nearly the experience that she has, but it's certainly something aspire to. Brava!
Joanne
Christine tells lots of stories-- about how some of her songs were inspired, the beginnings of Fast Folk and Jack Hardy's songwriters' circle, the Four Bitchin' Babes, and life on the road. all with her trademark humor. Well worth perusing for the folkies out there.
Hnewberg Newberg
Christine is a wonderful storyteller. She is a first-person folk action hero. She is not afraid to tell a good story, even (especially?) when the protagonist (herself) steps in something avoidable, regrettable, embarrassing...
Jenny Muhl
Great if you are a Christine lavin fan!

I love her music and always wondered if she would be as fun in real life. I think so! quirky and fun. a nice bio of a great folk singer.
Dave
if you like her music, you'll like the book. lots of laughs and lots of great folksie stories, just like her shows
Alexandria
Alexandria marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Lisa Raksin
Lisa Raksin marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Annabelle
Annabelle marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Jacque Borowski
Jacque Borowski marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Christian Bauman
Christian Bauman marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Susan Moss
Susan Moss marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Jenni Oglesby
Jenni Oglesby marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
Perez Malone
Perez Malone marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2013
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2013
Gab Rose
Gab Rose marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Susan
Susan added it
Mar 14, 2013
Kenneth Spicer
Kenneth Spicer marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2013
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 22, 2013
Hole in the Bottom of the Sea Amoeba Hop The Christine Lavin Songbook Follow That Road