Start by marking “The Unavailable Father: Seven Ways Women Can Understand, Heal, and Cope with a Broken Father-Daughter Relationship” as Want to Read:

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  19 ratings  ·  5 reviews
Strategies for overcoming a damaged father/daughter relationshipProblems between fathers and daughters can damage a young girl's identity, convince her she's unloveable or without worth, and send her into unhealthy adult relationships. This groundbreaking book includes in-depth stories and case histories of a broad spectrum of women over 25 who have recovered and flourishe ...more
Published May 3rd 2010 by Jossey-Bass (first published March 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Unavailable Father, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unavailable Father

Robyn Gesek
This book did give me some insight to chew on, but not very much. Hearing the stories was kind of I interesting, but most of the book seemed like common sense to me, not entirely illuminating. It also got pretty repetitive at the end.
Marie
This was an interesting read but at times did not seem to reflect a global population of women. (Spoiler alert)- Chapters 7 and 8 appear to have more unity as far as application and this is not to say previous sections were any less informative. Over all not a bad read and the author includes several resources for readers interested in additional information.
K, Nz
Dipped in and out, and what I did read was very good - and validating of my own experience, just wasn't in the right space to digest it all at the time, and prob too sensitive to go back to...
Liliana
The most highlighted ebook I have in my possession. Maybe a more detailed review in future, too difficult now.
Chalyn
This book was very informative and truly helpful for me.
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Abigail
Abigail marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Sara Shok
Sara Shok marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Cydney
Cydney marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2014
Marianne Weatherup
Marianne Weatherup marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Abirami.e
Abirami.e marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Gloria
Gloria added it
Dec 13, 2012
Sonia
Sonia marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012