The Unavailable Father: Seven Ways Women Can Understand, Heal, and Cope with a Broken Father-Daughter Relationship

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Strategies for overcoming a damaged father/daughter relationshipProblems between fathers and daughters can damage a young girl's identity, convince her she's unloveable or without worth, and send her into unhealthy adult relationships. This groundbreaking book includes in-depth stories and case histories of a broad spectrum of women over 25 who have recovered and flourishe...more
Published May 3rd 2010 by Jossey-Bass (first published April 6th 2010)

Robyn Gesek
This book did give me some insight to chew on, but not very much. Hearing the stories was kind of I interesting, but most of the book seemed like common sense to me, not entirely illuminating. It also got pretty repetitive at the end.
K, Nz
Dipped in and out, and what I did read was very good - and validating of my own experience, just wasn't in the right space to digest it all at the time, and prob too sensitive to go back to...
Liliana
The most highlighted ebook I have in my possession. Maybe a more detailed review in future, too difficult now.
Sara Shok
Sara Shok marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2013
Marianne Weatherup
Marianne Weatherup marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Abirami.e
Abirami.e marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2012
Gloria
Gloria added it
Dec 13, 2012
Aria
Aria marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Nettie Britts
Nettie Britts marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Amy Shafer
Amy Shafer marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2012
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2012
Diah Didi
Diah Didi marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2011
Rachel Halleck
Rachel Halleck marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2011
Staci
Staci marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2011
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2011