Start by marking “The Parable of the Golden Pathway” as Want to Read:
The Parable of the Golden Pathway

The Parable of the Golden Pathway

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When the Light Maker's messenger comes to Sarah's town and invites everyone to come and live in the Kingdom of Light, many accept the offer and embark on the golden pathway. Throughout her journey, Sarah learns that, though the pathway may not always be easy, the blessings are priceless and eternal.
Published January 1st 2010 by Deseret Book

To ask other readers questions about The Parable of the Golden Pathway, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Parable of the Golden Pathway

Teri

I was sent this special book to review and it didn't disappoint. Jenny Phillips has a way with words and music to tell a simple but most powerful parable for our time.

The story starts off by telling us about the journeys of three siblings: Sarah, Ori, and Tabitha. They are on their way to the Kingdom of the Light Maker. In order to reach the Kingdom of the Light Maker, they need to stay on the Golden Pathway. They are told to always keep their shields out to ward off danger and pitfalls. Along t
Catherine
This book has great illustrations and it is a wonderful parable about taking the right path to reach the ultimate goal of returning to live with Heavenly Father. I loved the symbolism and it's a good story for adults and children alike.
Jenny
Beautiful illustrations and wonderful parable about staying on the straight and narrow...or in this case the "golden pathway" and trusting our Father in Heaven to help us and bring us safely home. It didn't touch me quite as deeply as "Beautiful" but still well written and worth reading/listening to.
Alice
This book has a very important message and just like Jesus taught with parables so that those ready to learn would understand the underlying message, Jenny teaches this message so that it is a simple tale to the very young, and strong warning to those of us who are older.
Tenille
Kilee and I both read this one and loved it! Jenny makes a great story of staying on the golden pathway, and the consequences of stepping off of it! Great story for youth, and pre-teens!
Wendy
We read this for family home evening. It was fun for the kids to relate elements of the story to the iron rod. My husband had to listen to "Good bye Yellow Brick Road" after we finished.
Lori
A great book that I'll treasure for always. Its a great gift for girls ages 11-21! I've got to buy this one for each of my girls. Its that good!
Kathy
Jenny Phillips created another fabulous CD. This time it's a book and CD with music that includes a narration of the book. It's inspiring.
Amanda Packer
I really liked this book as a gentle reminder that we have a loving Heavenly Father and that he is always there for us!
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Michele Southwick
Michele Southwick marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Wendy Malstrom
Wendy Malstrom marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2013
Kylee Hardisty
Kylee Hardisty marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2013
Tiffani
Tiffani marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2013
Dannee
Dannee marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Light Keepers: Be Thou An Example:  Songs For Youth Songbook Cottage Flowers: A Scented Photograph Album Pressure Sores