Start by marking “Alice's Tea Cup: Delectable Recipes for Scones, Cakes, Sandwiches, and More from New York's Most Whimsical Tea Spot” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  142 ratings  ·  22 reviews
The delightful sisters and owners of Alice's Tea Cup share nearly one hundred recipes from their charming and wildly popular Manhattan restaurants

For almost ten years, Alice's Tea Cup has been a destination in New York City for locals and tourists alike who crave a scrumptious afternoon tea without airs or pretension. Haley and Lauren Fox learned at an early age that tea
Published October 26th 2010 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published October 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alice's Tea Cup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice's Tea Cup

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha ChristieThe Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas AdamsDeath by Darjeeling by Laura ChildsThe Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
Tea Time!
50th out of 135 books — 57 voters
The Book of Afternoon Tea by Lesley MackleyThe Harney & Sons Guide to Tea by Michael HarneyPersuasion by Jane AustenThe Age of Innocence by Edith WhartonSad Cypress by Agatha Christie
All About Tea
88th out of 96 books — 16 voters

More lists with this book...

Huma Rashid
I never thought I'd give a book of recipes five stars, but this book is incredible. It's light and fun and sweet, and contains tons of great recipes for scones and sandwiches and tea cocktails, and even provides menus for tea-meals, and a guide to tea-dying linens, and provides a very general brewing guide. Reading this made me want to assemble my best gal pals immediately and throw a super fun, themed tea party, and I am *not* a party-throwing kind of girl. I'm hanging on to this book, and defi ...more
Terri Lynn
This book is worth buying even if just for the scone recipes alone! Oh mercy, I love this book. It is the story of two sisters who started a tea room and they share their recipes with the rest of us. There are Buttermilk scones, Pumpkin scones, Black Forest Ham and Cheese scones, Mixed Berry Scones, Walnut Scones, Peanut Butter and Jelly Scones, Turtle Scones (just like the candy and my favorite scone), Vanilla Bean Scones, Peppermint Stick Scones, Cinnamon Scones, Banana Butterscotch Scones, an ...more
Natasha  A.
My Rambles:
Sooo cute! Like REALLY cute!! :D I have found some really wonderful cookbooks lately, and I have to add this one to the list. They have a pumpkin scone recipe!!!!! OMG! Not only that, but they have recipes for all sorts of scones...

* Black Forest Ham and Cheese Scones
* Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
* TURTLE SCONES!!!
* Lavender Earl Grey Scones
* Peppermint Stick Scones
* and sooooo many more

I have a bit of a love affair with scones. It's so hard to find an adequate one, and I can't wait
Kerry
I have not been disappointed with any of the recipes. I have to say my favourite is the pumpkin scones with carmel glaze. They will make you shiver!! They are just so good!
Alice's Tea Cup includes many wonderful recipes that make my mouth water. I have never been to an Alice's Tea Cup, but the recipes encourage me to make a trek from California to visit one.

What would have made the book even better would be more photos of the food items and not just the patrons to the store or those making the items. I wanted to see the completed items more often.

Also, I am a bit disappointed that they don't give alternatives to their tea flavors. For example, what would be a goo
Ann Keller
In 2001, Alice’s Tea Cup opened on Seventy-Third Street in New York, a magical hideaway where tea could be savored with a bit of whimsy and happiness. The success of the Fox sisters is now ours to enjoy in this delightful collection of recipes for scones, teas, cakes, soups and sandwiches from the restaurant menu. Alice’s Tea Cup is a veritable feast for the eyes and palette.

I especially enjoyed the recipes for Green Goddess Soup, White Rabbit Dark Chocolate Mousse, Blueberry Lemon Cake and Turk
Daisy
A little too cute, too sweet (if that's possible for my sweet-tooth), but tempting all the same. I'd make the Maté Carnival Egg Salad Sandwiches and maybe the Pumpkin Scones. I've always liked the idea of steeping eggs in tea since a tea shop nearby makes them that way. Now I know how to do it too. The trick is to use strong tea. And since I'm making a lot of granola lately, I might try Alice's Vanilla Tea-Infused Granola.
Pattyb
I loved reading this book, and have tried one recipe so far - the vegan orange cake. It was delicious! Two sisters wrote the book about opening up 3 tea rooms in NYC. They include many of their recipes, and most of them sound well worth trying.
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This is the restaurant I would want to own in my alternate life. I would buy this cookbook for the scone chapter alone!
Susan
A very cute cookbook. I've tried the very berry scones on cover and the vegan German chocolate cake with coconut/pecan frosting for vegetarian friends. Milk was ok but they didn't eat eggs so this was perfect. I substituted milk for soy milk in the German chocolate cake and it still came out fabulous. The vegan orange cake is next on my to-do list. My husband said the scones were better than Starbucks. That's probably because this recipe has a lot more berries than Starbucks. The book is not all ...more
April Bauer
Tons of scone recipes, delicious looking. I made the oatmeal scones, very tasty!
Yasmine Alfouzan
I was shocked when I found out that this book contains the same exact recipe I use for my burgers (that I "created" on my own!) Well, minus the 2 teaspoons of ketchup, that I don't add. I don't really like the use of ketchup in cooking but I tried it and it was not noticeable at all.. so hey, why not. That says one thing about the book: it's reliable. I bookmarked a few recipes that I can't wait to try. The Mocha Chocolate Chip Cake is one of them... *drool*
Krystal
I seriously just want to move into one of their shops. Next time I am in NYC, I am hitting up one of their "chapters"! The recipes though a bit out of my talent range (and the ingredients a bit out of my price range) but if you're more ambitious than me, I would recommend at least looking through the recipes - they have some great fusions!
Alison
Love this book! I've made several of the recipes and they have all been great. Very colorful photos and easy to follow directions. Makes me want to visit Alice's Tea Cup in NYC.
Rae
I love the recipes, and the tips for tea/tea parties are adorable. I'd love to own this book.
Aja Marsh
some fun recipes in there-- would be interested to try a couple of the scones--yums!
Caroline
didn't have time to try any recipes but had nice ideas for tea parties like fairy dust.
Lisa
awesome tea and tea party recipes. bought myself a copy for mama's day.
Julie
Wonderful recipes and pictures! Can't wait to try their scones!
Alma
the pumpkin scones are wonderful; much better than Starbucks!
Kim
I tried some of their recipes. Best. Scones. Ever.
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Andi
Andi marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
  • All Cakes Considered: A Year's Worth of Weekly Recipes Tested, Tasted, and Approved by the Staff of NPR's All Things Considered
  • Cutie Pies: 40 Sweet, Savory, and Adorable Recipes
  • Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family
  • Fast, Fresh, & Green
  • A Southerly Course: Recipes and Stories from Close to Home
  • Bon Appetit Desserts: The Cookbook for All Things Sweet and Wonderful
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Martha Stewart's New Pies and Tarts: 150 Recipes for Old-Fashioned and Modern Favorites
  • Irish Traditional Cooking: Over 300 Recipes from Ireland's Heritage
  • The Cake Mix Doctor Returns!: With 160 All-New Recipes
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life
  • The Boozy Baker: 75 Recipes for Spirited Sweets
  • The Book Lover's Cookbook
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook