Start by marking “Alice's Tea Cup: Delectable Recipes for Scones, Cakes, Sandwiches, and More from New York's Most Whimsical Tea Spot” as Want to Read:

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  21 reviews
The delightful sisters and owners of Alice's Tea Cup share nearly one hundred recipes from their charming and wildly popular Manhattan restaurants

For almost ten years, Alice's Tea Cup has been a destination in New York City for locals and tourists alike who crave a scrumptious afternoon tea without airs or pretension. Haley and Lauren Fox learned at an early age that tea w...more
Published October 26th 2010 by William Morrow Cookbooks (first published October 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Alice's Tea Cup, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alice's Tea Cup

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis CarrollThe Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul by Douglas AdamsThe Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha ChristieThe Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix PotterThe Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan
Tea Time!
43rd out of 124 books — 52 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsInsurgent by Veronica RothClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Best Books of the Decade: 2010's
455th out of 1,787 books — 1,663 voters

More lists with this book...

Natasha  A.
My Rambles:
Sooo cute! Like REALLY cute!! :D I have found some really wonderful cookbooks lately, and I have to add this one to the list. They have a pumpkin scone recipe!!!!! OMG! Not only that, but they have recipes for all sorts of scones...

* Black Forest Ham and Cheese Scones
* Lemon Poppy Seed Scones
* TURTLE SCONES!!!
* Lavender Earl Grey Scones
* Peppermint Stick Scones
* and sooooo many more

I have a bit of a love affair with scones. It's so hard to find an adequate one, and I can't wait...more
Susan
A very cute cookbook. I've tried the very berry scones on cover and the vegan German chocolate cake with coconut/pecan frosting for vegetarian friends. Milk was ok but they didn't eat eggs so this was perfect. I substituted milk for soy milk in the German chocolate cake and it still came out fabulous. The vegan orange cake is next on my to-do list. My husband said the scones were better than Starbucks. That's probably because this recipe has a lot more berries than Starbucks. The book is not all...more
Daisy
A little too cute, too sweet (if that's possible for my sweet-tooth), but tempting all the same. I'd make the Maté Carnival Egg Salad Sandwiches and maybe the Pumpkin Scones. I've always liked the idea of steeping eggs in tea since a tea shop nearby makes them that way. Now I know how to do it too. The trick is to use strong tea. And since I'm making a lot of granola lately, I might try Alice's Vanilla Tea-Infused Granola.
Jenny (Reading Envy)
This is the restaurant I would want to own in my alternate life. I would buy this cookbook for the scone chapter alone!
Alice's Tea Cup includes many wonderful recipes that make my mouth water. I have never been to an Alice's Tea Cup, but the recipes encourage me to make a trek from California to visit one.

What would have made the book even better would be more photos of the food items and not just the patrons to the store or those making the items. I wanted to see the completed items more often.

Also, I am a bit disappointed that they don't give alternatives to their tea flavors. For example, what would be a goo...more
Ann Keller
In 2001, Alice’s Tea Cup opened on Seventy-Third Street in New York, a magical hideaway where tea could be savored with a bit of whimsy and happiness. The success of the Fox sisters is now ours to enjoy in this delightful collection of recipes for scones, teas, cakes, soups and sandwiches from the restaurant menu. Alice’s Tea Cup is a veritable feast for the eyes and palette.

I especially enjoyed the recipes for Green Goddess Soup, White Rabbit Dark Chocolate Mousse, Blueberry Lemon Cake and Turk...more
April Bauer
Tons of scone recipes, delicious looking. I made the oatmeal scones, very tasty!
Huma Rashid
I never thought I'd give a book of recipes five stars, but this book is incredible. It's light and fun and sweet, and contains tons of great recipes for scones and sandwiches and tea cocktails, and even provides menus for tea-meals, and a guide to tea-dying linens, and provides a very general brewing guide. Reading this made me want to assemble my best gal pals immediately and throw a super fun, themed tea party, and I am *not* a party-throwing kind of girl. I'm hanging on to this book, and defi...more
Yasmine Alfouzan
I was shocked when I found out that this book contains the same exact recipe I use for my burgers (that I "created" on my own!) Well, minus the 2 teaspoons of ketchup, that I don't add. I don't really like the use of ketchup in cooking but I tried it and it was not noticeable at all.. so hey, why not. That says one thing about the book: it's reliable. I bookmarked a few recipes that I can't wait to try. The Mocha Chocolate Chip Cake is one of them... *drool*
Krystal
I seriously just want to move into one of their shops. Next time I am in NYC, I am hitting up one of their "chapters"! The recipes though a bit out of my talent range (and the ingredients a bit out of my price range) but if you're more ambitious than me, I would recommend at least looking through the recipes - they have some great fusions!
Pattyb
I loved reading this book, and have tried one recipe so far - the vegan orange cake. It was delicious! Two sisters wrote the book about opening up 3 tea rooms in NYC. They include many of their recipes, and most of them sound well worth trying.
Alison
Love this book! I've made several of the recipes and they have all been great. Very colorful photos and easy to follow directions. Makes me want to visit Alice's Tea Cup in NYC.
Kerry
I have not been disappointed with any of the recipes. I have to say my favourite is the pumpkin scones with carmel glaze. They will make you shiver!! They are just so good!
Rae
I love the recipes, and the tips for tea/tea parties are adorable. I'd love to own this book.
Aja Marsh
some fun recipes in there-- would be interested to try a couple of the scones--yums!
Caroline
didn't have time to try any recipes but had nice ideas for tea parties like fairy dust.
Lisa
awesome tea and tea party recipes. bought myself a copy for mama's day.
Julie
Wonderful recipes and pictures! Can't wait to try their scones!
Alma
the pumpkin scones are wonderful; much better than Starbucks!
Kim
I tried some of their recipes. Best. Scones. Ever.
Shaina Ring-montanye
Shaina Ring-montanye marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Nennys
Nennys added it
Oct 20, 2014
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Jenny B
Jenny B marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014