Start by marking “I'm Not Sleepy!” as Want to Read:
I'm Not Sleepy!

I'm Not Sleepy! (I'm Not...)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  226 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

In this new installment in Jonathan Allen's successful series, our ever-argumentative hero, Baby Owl, is definitely NOT ready for bedtime. Other animals stay awake during the day, so why shouldn't he? He isn't yawning, he's thinking! Owls are very wise, and they spend a lot of time thinking, you know. So why does everyone seem to think Baby Owl is sleepy? He's not! He's re
Published June 1st 2010 by Disney-Hyperion (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I'm Not Sleepy!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm Not Sleepy!

Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
Apr 23, 2011 Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy) rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
A young owl insists that despite all of the yawning he is not sleepy. Finally Papa Owl has just the solution for this now grumpy little one.
Frelisa Walker
Oct 15, 2014 Frelisa Walker rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-books
Book Review: "I'm not…" series

"I'm not…" book series have readers giggling from start to finish. Owl, the central character has an attitude and spunk. However with his loving parents and Owly, he manages to make it through his adventures.

I enjoy the series for the author reveals the issues toddlers face as they grow up.
Recommend ages:0-3

Matt Anderson
Jul 14, 2015 Matt Anderson rated it really liked it
This would be a great book to read to you child before bedtime. It is sure to make them sleepy.

I liked this "Baby Owl" better than the last one I read called "I'm Not Cute!"
Sandi Roe
Oct 16, 2014 Sandi Roe rated it it was amazing
Shelves: personal-reads
Perfect example of a little one not wanting to go to bed, and despite all evidence to the contrary, he insists he is not sleepy!
Emma
Feb 02, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it
When Connor was littler I read this book with Diane for a whole year. Ans Connor enjoyed every little bit of it!
Virginia Agnew
Oct 25, 2015 Virginia Agnew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: baby-books
My husband and I fight over who gets to read this book when we put our son to sleep. Positively cute!
Elizabeth Ann
Jan 20, 2015 Elizabeth Ann rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The colors are sunny and bright, and the story is funny.
Sharon
Sep 21, 2011 Sharon rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
I love the art! a cute story about a sleepy baby owl that did not want to go to bed. He got a little grouchy with everyone that was pointing out how sleepy he looked. A sure sign that he was sleepy! In the end the sleepy baby owl's father came & told him he had to go to bed.
It was great that the Father was the one that came & put him to bed in the end. It's nice to see an author use a father instead of always falling into the mom-trap. I also loved that in a small way there was a little
Sara
Feb 08, 2014 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little grumpy owl. Kinda cute.
Amber
May 13, 2012 Amber rated it liked it
Baby Owl claims he is not sleepy as he fights to keep his eyes open. The other animals stay awake all day and he wants to as well. In between arguing, he begins to doze.

I’m Not Sleepy! is a very short picture book but it is part of a popular series by Jon Allen. There is not much to say about this cute little owl book, but the pictures speak for themselves.

Recommended for children ages two to four.

Read this review in its original format here.
carissa
In this new installment in Jonathan Allen’s successful series, our ever-argumentative hero, Baby Owl, is definitely NOT ready for bedtime. Other animals stay awake during the day, so why shouldn’t he? He isn’t yawning, he’s thinking! Owls are very wise, and they spend a lot of time thinking, you know. So why does everyone seem to think Baby Owl is sleepy? He's not! He's really not! He's. . . fast asleep.
Joselyn Whitney
Pre-class book-

Audience: This book is intended for PreK-2nd because it is still a picture book but has simple sentences for the reader to explore.

Appeal: I really liked this book because I would be able to implement the reader's theater reading strategy into the classroom. The book would also be able to reach out to the students who are not so willing to do something.
Tricia
May 16, 2011 Tricia rated it it was ok
Grumpy little owl is back again...he's not sleepy! No, really, he's not. Okay, he is sleepy but he's in denial and children who fight the process of bedtime may relate to his frustration. Baby Owl is a bit grumpy/whiny for me but in the bedtime story mix this is a solid choice for older toddlers/younger preschoolers.
Sandi
Nov 15, 2012 Sandi rated it it was amazing
A tiny little owl is NOT sleepy! He's only yawning because he's bored and...well, you'll have to read this story of the "I'm Not Sleepy" little owl to find out what he says he is! Adorable pictures accompany text with the perfect cadence for storytime read-alouds or tucking your own little ones into bed.
Julee
Little Owl insists he is not sleepy but his wise father knows better and gently deals with the sleepy situation.
Dylan & Belle at LearnPlayFun
Rated and reviewed by Dylan, aged 7:

The story is about a baby owl who does want to go to sleep. My favorite part was when the baby owl said, but make it a nice long story. I'm not at all sl- and then he falls asleep. That part was funny.
Beth
Jul 12, 2013 Beth rated it it was amazing
Shelves: k-6
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! Perfect for read-alouds - so many characters that you can use fun voices with. The baby owl is so sweet and such the typical toddler. One of my son's bedtime favorites. <3
Jodie
Jun 22, 2013 Jodie rated it it was amazing
This book was a present for my nephew. What an adorable story. It is the perfect story for him because he never seems to be sleepy. He loved looking at the pictures and following along as I read it.
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
There was nothing particularly thrilling to me about this picture book. It was a typical story with typical picture book illustrations. Owls are cute though.
Ingrid
Feb 10, 2012 Ingrid rated it liked it
Good, but not nearly as good as I'm Not Cute, by the same author. The story is just not original, although the illustrations are still very "cute."
Tiffany
Apr 18, 2013 Tiffany rated it it was amazing
This is a favorite of my owl-loving kindergartner who hates to go to bed (but gets awfully grumpy when he's sleepy).
Jocelin
Oct 13, 2012 Jocelin rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
What harried parent has not had to deal with a tired child saying "I'm not tired". Great bedtime story.
Jun 07, 2010 Laura rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
My favorite grumpy little owl is back! He's not sleepy, he's just thinking.
Marie
Sep 07, 2010 Marie rated it it was ok
I'M NOT SCARED, but with sleepiness. Cute illustrations. Nothing new here.
Wanda
Jun 19, 2011 Wanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
This is a super cute bedtime story and a lot of fun to read too!
June
Oct 23, 2012 June rated it liked it
Recommends it for: bedtime or owl requests
Little owl claims to not be sleepy. I used this for my PJ storytime.
Cristina
Mar 02, 2012 Cristina rated it it was ok
A good bedtime book. Baby owl doesn't want to go to sleep.
Ame
Jan 10, 2013 Ame rated it really liked it
Adorable baby owl is NOT sleepy. Spoiler: This is a lie.
Charity
Jan 26, 2015 Charity rated it liked it
Shelves: children
One of my 3 year old daughter's favorites.
Allison
Jul 02, 2010 Allison rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
not as fun as the other two but I still liked it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Llama Llama Time to Share
  • A Book of Sleep
  • Daddy Christmas and Hanukkah Mama
  • Russell and the Lost Treasure
  • Tickle Time! (A Boynton on Board Book)
  • One Two That's My Shoe!
  • Mossy
  • Bedtime for Monsters
  • The Monkey Goes Bananas
  • There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves!
  • The Wonderful Book