Start by marking “Miss Holly Is Too Jolly! (My Weird School, #14)” as Want to Read:
Miss Holly Is Too Jolly! (My Weird School, #14)

Miss Holly Is Too Jolly! (My Weird School #14)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,015 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Something weird is going on!

Miss Holly, the Spanish teacher, is hanging mistletoe everywhere! That means boys will have to kiss girls. And girls will have to kiss boys. Ugh! Miss Holly is taking the holidays way too far!
Published October 1st 2006 by HarperTrophy (first published January 1st 2006)

Edward Creter
My book no. 350 is cause for a Christmas-style celebration in a big way! This 14th of the Saga of the Weird School is the one fans have waited for with the eagerness of awaiting for a certain Big Red Guy to drop from that chimney, Heater, or whatever entrance to your home is logically impossible for one man 300-plus pounds! AJ is celebrating the Holiday of Jesus' birth the only way he knows how: with Grinchian meanness and abject Scrooge-ish apathy, especially towards his most behated frenemy An ...more
I loved it was soooo funny and a good book. I recommend it for EVERYBODY!!!!! =)
Dean Deters

summary: miss holly, the spanish teacher at school, takes the hollidays to serisly.

setting: school. Otherwise, she would not be the Spanish teacher.

most important event:She is hanning misltow evryware. So boys and girls will have to kiss.

recomendation:I think a person that likes chrismas wood read this book.

character trait: miss holly is a crazzy lady, with a very deep love of chrismus

The series i was assign to was my weird school i read Miss Holly is too jolly. The characters are A.j, Emily, Ryan, Michael, and Andrea. The selection was about the kids from Ella Mentry School is going be in the Christmas pageant and, also there is a secret Santa. A.j was disappointed that he was the secret Santa for Emily it was kind of embarrassing that A.j got kissed under the mistletoe by Andrea and she was his secret Santa he got a hat from Andrea. A.j got Emily a dead fish for Christmas s ...more
I liked the book because my favorite holiday is Christmas. This is the second time I've read this one. The book is the opposite of me. It's about a boy who hates school but I love school. I get a whole bunch of books from the series at the library. They have the whole series so it's hard to choose which ones to get.
Anya Hubbard

I liked this book it was exciting to read there are surprises all around the book that makes it funny. Best for kids 10 and under but others would also enjoy it.
I read Miss Holly is too jolly. It's about a class at Ella Mentry School is having a christmas pagent and secret Santa. The characthers are A.j, Emily, Andrea, michael,and Ryan. A.j finds out the he was secret Santa for Emily so he got her a died fish, she ran out the room crying and when he found out that Andrea was his secret Santa he was even more dissapointed she got him a hat. Now for the christmas pagent the boys wore black suits with their hair like Elvis and Miss Holly wore a Santa dress ...more
Dec 20, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is a fun story in the My Weird School series by Dan Gutman and Jim Paillot. I thought this was an entertaining and humorous story about the holidays and the Spanish lessons were hilarious.

We find these books to be quite humorous and we are slowly working our way through this series before we move on to the next one. This was a quick and entertaining read and we are looking forward to reading more.
I thought that i was amazing. The holiday pagent with aj's idea was amzing
its funny

Sebastian Perez
you like psycho Christmas your book
Nov 21, 2013 Ben rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: fantasy
I liked the book. It is interesting because they are learning Spanish words. They also learn about a bunch of different Christmas holidays.

My favorite part of the book is when the kids are putting on Christmas pageant. Mr. Klutz is Santa and his sleigh gets caught and all the presents fall on the kids heads. The lease favorite part of the book is when A.J. has to kiss Andrea under the mistletoe. I don't think they need to put that in a book. Kids who like Christmas would like this book. Also, th
read with my kindergarten daughter :) we laughed a lot reading this book
Dec 30, 2014 Yamilka rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: vio
This book is funny
is good book
Dan Gutman understands young reader’s humor and has created a fantastic book formula to draw in even the most reluctant of readers. The My Weird School series is perfect for students to practice their reading skills with its repetitive yet hysterical narrative and story lines. But don’t mention that part to your kiddos, they might run away in fear they could learn something. A must have collection for any grade school library or classroom!
Tyler Butler
Ms.Holly is acting crazy.Ms.Holly the Spanish teacher.Was hanging mistletoes everywhere.Which means boys will have to kiss girls and girls will have to kiss boys.Ms.Holly was taking it a little bit to far.When I read this book it was a good book it was funny and it was Christmas.I really enjoyed this book and really about your christmas spirit.I love Christmas.
Callie Stillion
I really enjoy the 'My Weird School' books. They are very funny, and in some books, such as this one, have a little educational value, like math, reading skills, or, in this case, Spanish.
Anyone who has enjoyed this series in the past will enjoy reading this Christmas-themed addition to the series.
Heather Cook
I'm in the minority on this one. I tried reading it to my 6 yr old son. I was appalled at how many stupids, dumbs, and hates were in this book. I try to limit those needless words as much as possible for my kiddos
Just another in the book in the my weird school series.A funny book but can have some bad words.Though,it was a very amazing experience to have Dan Gutman in person come to my school in only first grade.
Miss Holly is too Jolly is a good book.Miss Holly is in the chrismas spirit.All the kids thank she is getting to happy.She is leading the chrismas play.I thank this book is good and i like it.
I rated Miss Holly is Too Jolly a 5 because it was really funny- along with Miss Holly . I like how the author added in the mistletoe for Christmas.
this book is about a.j that hate school and its about miss holly that geting ready for the pageant.the antagonist in this book is a.j,andrea,
For she's a jolly good fellow,for she's a jolly god fellow,for she's a jolly good fellowwwww!!! Something,something,something! Ta-Da! :)
this is the best because i love christmas...well that was lame so i want to say is that...merry christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love reading these books to my kids. It makes them crack up and there is no greater sound than that. :)
aj and andrea are enemies and they are both caught under the mistletoe and have to kiss each other.
Mar 18, 2008 Sheila rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all parents
Very funny book! We'll be getting more to share with the kids from the "My Weird School" series!
  • The Ninth Nugget (A to Z Mysteries, #14)
  • Junie B., First Grader: Aloha-ha-ha! (Junie B. Jones, #26)
  • Never Walk in Shoes that Talk (Roscoe Riley Rules, #6)
  • A Fabumouse School Adventure (Geronimo Stilton)
  • December Secrets
  • Invasion of the Road Weenies and Other Warped and Creepy Tales (Weenies series, #2)
  • Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot vs. the Jurassic Jackrabbits from Jupiter (Ricky Ricotta, #5)
  • Bad Kitty vs Uncle Murray
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • Rich: a Dyamonde Daniel Book
  • The Good, the Bad, and the Goofy (Time Warp Trio #3)
  • Great-Grandpa's in the Litter Box (The Zack Files #1)
  • The Case of the Great Sled Race (Jigsaw Jones, #8)
  • Potterwookiee (The Creature from My Closet)
  • Stink: The Ultimate Thumb-Wrestling Smackdown (Stink, #6)
  • Frankie Pickle and the Pine Run 3000 (Frankie Pickle, #2)
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of ...more
More about Dan Gutman...

My Weird School (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1)
  • Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)
  • Mrs. Roopy Is Loopy! (My Weird School, #3)
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Miss Small Is off the Wall! (My Weird School, #5)
  • Mr. Hynde Is Out of His Mind! (My Weird School, #6)
  • Mrs. Cooney Is Loony! (My Weird School, #7)
  • Ms. LaGrange Is Strange! (My Weird School, #8)
  • Miss Lazar Is Bizarre! (My Weird School, #9)
  • Mr. Docker Is Off His Rocker! (My Weird School, #10)
The Homework Machine (The Homework Machine #1) Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1) Mission Unstoppable (The Genius Files #1) Babe & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure #3) Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)

“I knitted it myself,” Andrea said, “in my knitting class.” “How wonderful, Andrea!” said Miss Daisy. “A homemade present is so much nicer than something you buy in a store. A.J., what do you say to” 0 likes