Start by marking “Tumble Me Tumbily” as Want to Read:
Tumble Me Tumbily

Tumble Me Tumbily

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  15 reviews
In lilting language and eye-catching swirls of babies and toddlers, floppy stuffed animals and soft toys, Karen Baicker and Sam Williams transport their readers directly into the world of babies. Whether the babies are just getting up,

I am awake!

I'm awake all the way,

Waked up to stay up

And wake up the day!

or going to bed,

Snuggle me snuggly

So warm and cuddly,

Published October 1st 2002 by Chronicle Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about Tumble Me Tumbily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tumble Me Tumbily

Courtney Weber
Personal Reaction:
This books illustrations are what got me. The cute little toddler and the bear are running around getting ready for bedtime and it reminds me of a story I used to read when I was a kid. It puts me back into my bed where my mom or dad would come try to put me to sleep and read a bedtime story. It was near and dear to my heart.

Purpose: This book would be good only for kindergarteners. It is the simplest book out of all of my choices for this assignment. However, there are a few
A whimsical happy rhyming tale that covers a baby/toddlers first moments waking up to their last adventures before bed. the illustrations are precious, with lots of animated images of animals and babies at play. A great selection for baby and toddler storytimes. You do not have to read the book from cover to cover and can select rhymes that best suite your storytime theme. The book is comprised of little rhymes that cover all the routines of a baby/toddler's daily life.
I originally picked this up to read to my son because the title was cute as were the illustrations. It is divided into three acts and features rhyming poetical text about a young baby/toddler waking up, eating and going to bed. The illustrations are soft and adorable, and really bring the book to life. My only gripe, and the reason it is not getting more stars, is that it is way too long for the intended age group. Recommended for ages 2-5, 3 stars.
This is a HUGE favorite of mine. The book is actually split into 3 "acts", Tumble Me Tumbily, Yum Tummy Tickly, and Snuggle Me Snuggly. The alliterations are superb and the rhymes make me smile. The illistrations are extremely cute - I LOVE THIS BOOK!
Maybe I'm not soft and squishy enough to be a fan of this book. It's a set of three poems (I guess you would call them) that are kind of tongue twisters. I read through it pretty fast, but I don't think either of us missed much.
Constant turning and churning of words (like in the title). It follows a kid in waking up ("part I"), eating ("part II") and going to bed ("part III"). Nice dreamy illustrations, but my kid didn't find it very engaging.
It was pretty long, so might be best read one part at a time. Many of the words encourage cuddling, kissing, sharing, etc, and that is something that should definitely be encouraged in parent/child reading.
Kate Hastings
Jun 12, 2008 Kate Hastings rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: babies music movement
A little wordy-- but will be good for participation-- butterfly kisses, bouncing, lifting and swinging, peek-a-boo and more. Clipping pages will be a must-- there are 3 "chapters."
A delight to read. Great rhyming and sing-song story, paired with soft and cute illustrations. It was reminiscent of an old fashioned children's book. Enjoyable!
Cute readaloud for baby/toddler due to great rhyming words and rhythm of text. Goes through each part of baby's day from morning until bedtime.
Phrases from this book have actually made their way into our daily vernacular. Dylan has pretty much memorized the entire thing.
Too non-sensical for my taste.
Like a song on every page
Lauren added it
Aug 21, 2014
Henry added it
Mar 24, 2014
Andrea added it
Mar 09, 2014
Yinzadi marked it as to-read
May 21, 2013
I Can Do It Too! You Can Do It Too! Pea Pod Babies Wake-ity Wake! The Election Activity Book: Dozens of Activities That Help Kids Learn About Voting, Campaigns, Our Government, Presidents, and More