Start by marking “I Love You Zelda Bloo” as Want to Read:
I Love You Zelda Bloo

I Love You Zelda Bloo

I wish my mum and dad had been less famous, 'cause then maybe their divorce wouldn't have made the world's headlines.

I wish I was still at my friend Rupert's party, even if my bikini bottoms did fly off when I stacked my jet ski.

I wish Mum had never taken me to the mountains to interview child soldiers.

I wish these people had never taken me away from the mountains. And I w
Published May 3rd 2010 by Penguin Group Australia

To ask other readers questions about I Love You Zelda Bloo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Love You Zelda Bloo

Steph Bowe
Jun 06, 2010 Steph Bowe rated it liked it
I really wanted to love this, but I didn't. It was funny, with lots of voice, but there was a real disconnect for me in terms of that funny voice in relation to the seriousness of the subject matter in the novel. I don't think all readers will feel the same, but I wanted there to be a bit more depth.

I LOVE YOU, ZELDA BLOO had the same ridiculous and funny tone as Gretel Killeen's previous novels, however, unlike her earlier teen novels (which include the My Sister and Fleur Trotter series - I re
Shirley Marr
May 21, 2011 Shirley Marr rated it it was ok
Shelves: aussie-ya
I found this book confusing. Written in a strange whacked-out-all-jumbled-up style, our heroine is in a peril - abducted aboard a helicopter and her mother has just died, but she still appears to be able to crack a joke every second line. I give it kudos for a feisty protagonist. While I didn't enjoy it, I know many reviews by younger 14+ girls who did, so do check those out.
Eunag
Jun 24, 2015 Eunag rated it liked it
I really like this book even though I was really confused when I was reading the first few chapters. This book is about a girl called Zelda and she is in a helicopter being saved, and while she is trying to stay conscious she is telling the story of what happened while she was surviving in the wild. She was on holiday with her mom when their plane crashed, and her mom and the pilot both died. She meets a guy called Saro who stays with her for a while, and eventually they fall in love.

My favorite
Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥
Jan 25, 2011 Nushiiii loves Peeta Mellark ♥1D♥ rated it liked it
Recommends it for: 14 to 16 yr old age group. Easy read.
hahah this book was HILARIOUS! i loved the casual way it was written, and how much i can related to the main character, who is a normal teen girl (she's really rich, but still normal). I've been reading fantasy ALOT so this was really refreshing, and the story was pretty far fetched but at the same time there's a smidgeon of possibilty that it culd be true, so i liked the plot. the ending was a little abrupt but i liked it anyway, and i was guessing that that would happen through out the book an ...more
♥ C.A.Anna ♥
This was soooooo sad. I honestly thought, when i picked up this book and saw who the auther was (the host of Big Brother), that this book would really not be good at all. Then i started to read it and i was hooked!!!!!! i read it in one hour, i was unable to put it down and after i turned the last page i was sad that it ended and now i really really want to read it again. Not only was it different, and i mean really different, it had alot of emotion and i cried multipul times. I will totally rec ...more
Lauren
Mar 04, 2015 Lauren rated it it was ok
This book swung too dramatically better the gory harsh reality of Zelda's situation and the ridiculous Simple Life narration of Zelda's internal monologue. The contrast between genuinely upsetting circumstances and her frivolous concerns and extremely inappropriate and unrealistic reactions left me disconnected from the characters and events. It would have been a great read if it had chosen to either be a drama or a comedy instead of an attempt at both.
Jaime
Jun 11, 2013 Jaime added it
This is a very strange book. You are hearing a person (Zelda) tell you what had happend in oder for her self to stay alert. There are some very rong parts in this book. It is pretty sad at the start but when it ends it is alright. I would not read this book again but others might like it. If you whant to read it it is a youg adult fiction book and it would be something like KIL.
Ariadne
It was funny, and sweet. at first i thought that the character was talking to the viewer, but she wasn't. She was actually talking to the ' person in the corner'
Trisha
Aug 05, 2011 Trisha added it
A book of extremes
Jessie Tregoweth
Sep 27, 2011 Jessie Tregoweth rated it really liked it
It was a bit confusing but other wise it was good:)
Sepideh Sahebsara
Mar 06, 2014 Sepideh Sahebsara rated it it was amazing
love
janie love
Mar 05, 2014 janie love rated it really liked it
good
Hayley
Hayley rated it it was ok
Jan 12, 2016
Celeste
Celeste rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Sep 28, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it did not like it
Jan 01, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2014
Natt.
Natt. rated it it was ok
Oct 30, 2012
Kate Gordon
Kate Gordon rated it it was ok
Apr 20, 2010
Casey
Casey rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2011
Nomes
Nomes rated it it was ok
Jun 08, 2010
Davon Barnes
Davon Barnes rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Lei
Lei rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2014
Michelle Carlos
Michelle Carlos rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2012
Erin Ramsay
Erin Ramsay rated it liked it
Feb 16, 2015
Dana Herrmann
Dana Herrmann rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Malsha101
Malsha101 rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2012
Momoko Rose
Momoko Rose rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Gretel is a well-known Australian stand-up comedian, former long-time host of Big Brother Australia and writer of humorous young adult fiction.
More about Gretel Killeen...